Anyone watching what a CAIR org. is pushing through in Illinois?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Political or religious correctness will include an employer being forced to accept garb and beards or whatever if someone can claim it is a piece or part of their religion.

http:// www. ciogc. org/index.php/communications/articles-and-statements/1419-3-22-17-religious-freedom-in-the-workplace-bill-passes-labor-committee

Senate bill 1697 Labor Committee
3/22/17 - Religious freedom in the workplace bill passes labor committee

"The Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago (CIOGC) helped lead the effort towards the uncontested passing of Senate Bill 1697 (SB1697) by the Illinois General Assembly Labor Committee. SB1697, otherwise known as the Religious Garb Bill, “provides that it is a violation for an employer to impose any term condition that requires a person to violate his or her religion including the wearing of any attire, clothing, or facial hair in accordance with the requirements of his or her religion.”

As part of the effort, CIOGC sent out witness slips to the Chicago Muslim community and encouraged community leaders and organizations to sign. In Springfield, CIOGC Programs Associate Farah Bousmaha took to the floor to testify in favor of the bill. The testimony included not only why this bill is important to Muslims but also to people of other faiths who wear articles of clothing for religious reasons. This ruling covers articles of clothing such as a hijab or yarmulke, to physical appearance such as growing a beard. The passing of this bill means that employees can fulfill their religious obligations, while no longer compromising their appearance to obtain or retain employment. The bill is scheduled for a second reading in the Senate next week."

images

I'm going to start wearing my 9mm Beretta to work because it's part of my religion.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Do you think they'll mind if my 30-06 with the high powered scope tags along?

Political or religious correctness will include an employer being forced to accept garb and beards or whatever if someone can claim it is a piece or part of their religion.

http:// www. ciogc. org/index.php/communications/articles-and-statements/1419-3-22-17-religious-freedom-in-the-workplace-bill-passes-labor-committee

"The Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago (CIOGC) helped lead the effort towards the uncontested passing of Senate Bill 1697 (SB1697) by the Illinois General Assembly Labor Committee. SB1697, otherwise known as the Religious Garb Bill, “provides that it is a violation for an employer to impose any term condition that requires a person to violate his or her religion including the wearing of any attire, clothing, or facial hair in accordance with the requirements of his or her religion.”

As part of the effort, CIOGC sent out witness slips to the Chicago Muslim community and encouraged community leaders and organizations to sign. In Springfield, CIOGC Programs Associate Farah Bousmaha took to the floor to testify in favor of the bill. The testimony included not only why this bill is important to Muslims but also to people of other faiths who wear articles of clothing for religious reasons. This ruling covers articles of clothing such as a hijab or yarmulke, to physical appearance such as growing a beard. The passing of this bill means that employees can fulfill their religious obligations, while no longer compromising their appearance to obtain or retain employment. The bill is scheduled for a second reading in the Senate next week."
^ War on religion

CAIR is a terrorist group.

Nobody should take CAIR seriously
Well their side organizations are pushing legislation and people are not paying attention very well.

I am reading an article where one Muslim apologist is claiming the terrorist group The Lord’s Resistance Army in Uganda is wholly a Christian organization. Fact is LRA is a mix of sorts from Islam to Mysticism and whatever else in between which calls for everything to coloring chickens in rituals to slavery.

^ War on religion
Actually a war on employers. I had a dress code and rules for haircuts etc. for my employees. If this kind of crap is pushed on employers the employers will eventually say FU and quit. With the crap an employer has to put up with and do today to have employees it becomes more of a pain than it is worth.

Last edited:

^ War on religion
Actually a war on employers. I had a dress code and rules for haircuts etc. for my employees. If this kind of crap is pushed employers the employers will eventually say FU and quit. With the crap an employer has to put up with and do today to have employees it becomes more of a pain than it is worth.

^ hates religion

^ War on religion
Actually a war on employers. I had a dress code and rules for haircuts etc. for my employees. If this kind of crap is pushed employers the employers will eventually say FU and quit. With the crap an employer has to put up with and do today to have employees it becomes more of a pain than it is worth.

^ hates religion
:lmao:

^ War on religion

^ hates religion

upload_2017-3-27_22-51-19.jpeg

No. You just don't like that fact that a private individual can make their own rules and think that the government should make rules that enslave people to the government.

Are you, or the government, going to object to my wearing a firearm into your places of business if it's part of my religion?

How about wearing crosses, carrying rosaries, etc,... openly in businesses and government properties such as schools?

*****SMILE*****

:)

^ War on religion

^ hates religion

View attachment 118985

No. You just don't like that fact that a private individual can make their own rules and think that the government should make rules that enslave people to the government.

Are you, or the government, going to object to my wearing a firearm into your places of business if it's part of my religion?

How about wearing crosses, carrying rosaries, etc,... openly in businesses and government properties such as schools?

*****SMILE*****

They have this country so screwed up at this point throughout it will take years to get it straightened out if it doesn't totally crash first. It comes down to either work for a corporate entity, the government, or join someone's bs union. They are totally destroying all private enterprises in their quest to control every aspect of peoples lives. "The Marching Morons"!

It won't be long until someone in a BURQUA applies at HOOTERS, and then sues for religious discrimination for not being allowed to wear a BURQUA at work....or a similar bullshit lawsuit.

^ War on religion

^ hates religion

View attachment 118985

*****SMILE*****

They have this country so screwed up at this point throughout it will take years to get it straightened out if it doesn't totally crash first. It comes down to either work for a corporate entity, the government, or join someone's bs union. They are totally destroying all private enterprises in their quest to control every aspect of peoples lives. "The Marching Morons"!

images

I don't know... If they enact that law here in Iowa or even nationwide they've given me a reason to sue the government over denying me the right to wear apparel that's part of my religion. If they're going into protecting religious beliefs, apparel, and items, from general persecution of others it'll even make a better case for Old Glory not being burned in protest on my part.

*****CHUCKLE*****

An thus starts the employees wearing collanders on their heads as a right for Pastafarians who worship the spaghetti monster in the sky.
I wonder if the Dodgers would have been forced to allow Kofax to wear a Yarmulke and Prayer Shawl while on the mound with such law?

An thus starts the employees wearing collanders on their heads as a right for Pastafarians who worship the spaghetti monster in the sky.
I wonder if the Dodgers would have been forced to allow Kofax to wear a Yarmulke and Prayer Shawl while on the mound with such law?
Sports will eventually being out as it creates idol worship and hurts their lil' feewings.

Forum List

Back