Anyone watching Dr Paul's speech?

sorry dude, I was watching Japan beat Tennessee in the Little League World Series.

Plus....I was at WORK all day(just for the right wingers who are programmed to think I collect a welfare check). I took care of 13 intellectually disabled(mentally retarded to all the neanderthals out there) at our in house campgrounds. I cooked, I cleaned, I wiped asses, I fed, I bathed, and I still had time to break out my guitar and play a decent set of songs that put a smile on their(and my co-workers) faces.

Pretty good Sunday...even if my ankles hurt like a bitch from being on my feet all day.

So no, I didn't have a chance to see Paul's speech....but every day I go to work reminds me of how flawed the Conservative Philosophy is. You see, I work with people who will never be productive, who will never earn any billionaire a damn dollar...who will always be a "drain on society". All I EVER see from Conservatives is the bemoaning of welfare bums and how they want to end these safety nets. I'll tell you right now, as God as my witness....the people I work with would die in no time without government help.

Perhaps I'm rambling a little....but you folks really have no clue.
Damn I was going for Tn. Oh well...Japan always has a good team...My sister in law works in a rehab place so I know what ya talking about...Paul is anything but the typical neo con,the man is a doctor so he has compassion. Oh also you are a Steelers Fan? I have been one since birth Lol...

Me too...love Steelers football. Too bad about DeCastro...looks like he might be done for the year.

That really sucks. First rounder gone...sigh..same ole shit seems like...at least we still got the 1 kid we drafted on the o line.

Ah. Well what about their ideology do you disagree with? I myself am not a libertarian as in libertarian party sense. I do not support open borders and I am against abortion.

Ah. I like Boston,Tampa,Washington and Pittsburgh. Hoping both Washington and Pittsburgh make playoffs. I can't remember last time the Pirates were in the playoffs.

Not like msm is going to say anything about it.

Why should they?

If it’s anything like Paul’s other speeches it was a tedious recital of incoherent libertarian platitudes – with references to ‘tyranny’ and ‘individual liberty’ with no specifics, no concrete proposals, and completely at odds with Constitutional jurisprudence.

Write-in votes for ANYBODY will only dilute the votes against Obama. The surest way to help Obama fuck this nation is to refrain from voting for Romney.
The classic partisan hack: vote for Romney although you’re opposed to everything he stands for.

Romney can’t win supported only by voters who hate Obama.

That really sucks. First rounder gone...sigh..same ole shit seems like...at least we still got the 1 kid we drafted on the o line.

Adams....yeah. He's not quite ready for prime time yet, but he'll unseat Starks at some point. LT is a demanding position.

Not like msm is going to say anything about it.

Why should they?

If it’s anything like Paul’s other speeches it was a tedious recital of incoherent libertarian platitudes – with references to ‘tyranny’ and ‘individual liberty’ with no specifics, no concrete proposals, and completely at odds with Constitutional jurisprudence.

Write-in votes for ANYBODY will only dilute the votes against Obama. The surest way to help Obama fuck this nation is to refrain from voting for Romney.
The classic partisan hack: vote for Romney although you’re opposed to everything he stands for.

Romney can’t win supported only by voters who hate Obama.

Eh. I was going to respond with some logic but yeah your kind don't seem to understand that...so why bother...your kind won't get it until its their door the FBI is pounding on with m16's pointed at you demanding you come with them. Until then you enjoy your fantasy land.

Ah. Well what about their ideology do you disagree with? I myself am not a libertarian as in libertarian party sense. I do not support open borders and I am against abortion.

Well...I too am against open borders, I am also against abortion....but at the personal level. Legislatively, I am pro-choice.

I guess the biggest areas where I disagree with Libertarians is that there are always going to be people who need help and I believe that we are our brother's keeper. Don't get me wrong....I think all able bodied(and minded) people should work. I think that if you look around us, our infrastructure is old, tired, wasteful and in many cases, to the point of collapse. What a great opportunity to reinstate the Conservation Corps and the WPA and put able bodied, idle people to work.

But the whole "get a job, deadbeat" thing is nothing more than wishful thinking when there are 6 applicants for every open position and most of those are low wage jobs that require supplementation anyway.

There are a few other areas....drug legalization is one. I'm fine with Pot...I've smoked pot in my younger days and it's a relatively safe drug. But the hard drugs? No. And if we do end up legalizing hard drugs, we better damned well have an excellent rehabilitation program in place and drug courts in full swing.

I am sure there are more...but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Well...I too am against open borders, I am also against abortion....but at the personal level. Legislatively, I am pro-choice.

I guess the biggest areas where I disagree with Libertarians is that there are always going to be people who need help and I believe that we are our brother's keeper. Don't get me wrong....I think all able bodied(and minded) people should work. I think that if you look around us, our infrastructure is old, tired, wasteful and in many cases, to the point of collapse. What a great opportunity to reinstate the Conservation Corps and the WPA and put able bodied, idle people to work.

But the whole "get a job, deadbeat" thing is nothing more than wishful thinking when there are 6 applicants for every open position and most of those are low wage jobs that require supplementation anyway.

There are a few other areas....drug legalization is one. I'm fine with Pot...I've smoked pot in my younger days and it's a relatively safe drug. But the hard drugs? No. And if we do end up legalizing hard drugs, we better damned well have an excellent rehabilitation program in place and drug courts in full swing.

I am sure there are more...but that's all I can think of at the moment.

I do agree and I have a solution about the job thing. There is something called the negative income tax and there is also a book on it called in our hands its by charles murray I just got done reading it. Depending on what kind of libertarian you talk to most want to give the job of helping the people that really need help back to the states and private charity. The hard drugs well I see it as people should take responsibility for their own actions.I don't mind them being legalized but I don't think many folks would do them and yes I do think private charities should open up rehab centers for them. I wouldn't even do weed if it was legalized hell I don't even drink! But I don't think we should keep people who want to do harm to their body to do so.Hell even in my case I would be "harmed" under a libertarian society as I am disabled right now and get SSI hopefully within the next 18 months that will end and I can go back to work but this is where the negative income tax comes in,under that me and my wife would both get 10k a year for life. They show through graphs that its actually cheaper than continuing to pay for social security,medicare,medicaid,food stamps etc etc and each person over 21 would get 10k for life..

I had to be away this afternoon but I did tape it. He is one of the greatest speakers and if he say's it you can believe it. The man say's it like it is.

Forum List

Back