Anyone Watching "Dancing with the Stars"?

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Are there any people on the board watching "Dancing with the Stars" on Thursday night? If so, who do you think is going to win? I can't believe that Jerry Rice and his partner keep winning the fan vote each week. Must be a popularity contest for the fans instead of a dance contest. When it comes to dancing, Jerry is not in the same league as Drew, Stacey and Lisa who have become almost professional quality dancers during their few weeks on this program.

Adam's Apple said:
Are there any people on the board watching "Dancing with the Stars" on Thursday night? If so, who do you think is going to win? I can't believe that Jerry Rice and his partner keep winning the fan vote each week. Must be a popularity contest for the fans instead of a dance contest. When it comes to dancing, Jerry is not in the same league as Drew, Stacey and Lisa who have become almost professional quality dancers during their few weeks on this program.
I watch it regularly (I can't believe I just said that!). I think the gal wrestler will win...she is one nice looking lady and has legs all the way up to her neck. And she is one hell of a dancer! I like Mr. Rice only because he is a gentleman.

I cant dance a step, by the way.

You're probably right and for the reasons you cited, but the fan base seems to be in Jerry's corner. If the fans will get serious and really vote on dancing ability, I think it will be a close contest between Stacey and Drew. (BTW, I loved the comedy that went on between George Hamilton and Stacey. We will miss the humor he provided to the program each week.)

Adam's Apple said:
You're probably right and for the reasons you cited, but the fan base seems to be in Jerry's corner. If the fans will get serious and really vote on dancing ability, I think it will be a close contest between Stacey and Drew. (BTW, I loved the comedy that went on between George Hamilton and Stacey. We will miss the humor he provided to the program each week.)
Well, the rapper should have been the first one to go but he wasn't. While Hamilton is a heck of an entertainer, he is not that great a dancer; I think Rice is better than he is. Stacey and Drew are just awesome.

I like the show so much that I am seriously thinking of taking dancing lessons. I suppose at my age I should be considering something else.

You can get hooked on it. It's a very entertaining show. I've even watched the U.S. ballroom dancing contest the other night on PBS and really got into it, but most of the dancers were not native-born Americans. They were practically all from countries that previously made up the old Soviet Union. Come to think of it, very few of the professional dancers on "Dancing with the Stars" are native-born either.

Adam's Apple said:
You can get hooked on it. It's a very entertaining show. I've even watched the U.S. ballroom dancing contest the other night on PBS and really got into it, but most of the dancers were not native-born Americans. They were practically all from countries that previously made up the old Soviet Union. Come to think of it, very few of the professional dancers on "Dancing with the Stars" are native-born either.
You noticed that huh? What impressed me was that training for ballroom dancing is VERY physical. If a guy like Rice finds it physically demanding, it must be one heck of a workout!

Yep, Rice said last week it was much harder than playing football. A few of the other "stars" have made similar comments. Ballroom dancing would definitely be too strenuous for me anymore. As you get older, your energy level goes looking for somewhere else to land--and just when you need it most!

Can't believe it's been on so long

I only watch this show when someone that I like enough is a part of it. The current season didn't interest me enough though.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back