Anyone want their own website? Free!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I have good reason to learn as much as I can about the hosting business, so here's an opportunity for someone to take advantage. I will host a website on my server for one lucky person. No fees, and I have plenty of bandwidth and storage on this server. I will add your domain, or even give you one of the few I'm not using if interested:

allnfl.com
dailypublicist.com
noviceblog.com
stadiumblog.com
keystats.com
mp3speak.com
perfectabsolution.com

And again, if you own a domain already I can just add that to the server I run. No catch, no charges. I just would like to learn as much about the hosting business as I can. I will support this user as much as I can with any questions or support. I would prefer someone that already knows the basics of running a website so that I don't have to assist with such mundane tasks as FTP, mail, http...

Feel free to ask any questions here, or send me a PM if interested.

* And no, I don't gain monetarily from this. This website will be 100% run by the user and I have no ads, links or benefit from this other than experience.

BTW - this is on a Linux based server (specific specs can be supplied if anyone cares). User will have full Cpanel access, and shell access can be granted if necessary, FTP, POP & SMTP... Just like you signed up for a hosting account anywhere else.

no1tovote4 said:
Are there bandwidth limitations, and what about e-mail?

I will set aside 50Gb of bandwidth per month and 4Gb of storage. Yes, POP and SMTP access are included and mail accounts are easily setup within Cpanel (and I can assist if user has issues).

jimnyc said:
I will set aside 50Gb of bandwidth per month and 4Gb of storage. Yes, POP and SMTP access are included and mail accounts are easily setup within Cpanel (and I can assist if user has issues).

Cool, if I had an immediate idea for a site I would go for it. This isn't home page material folks, this is for something a bit larger.

The ClayTaurus said:
Is this indefinite hosting?

Yes, so long as I keep my other sites as well! The server in question is a VPS server running a few of my other low volume sites as well. I can host as many sites as I want on the server. My total limitations are 12Gb of storage and 150Gb of bandwidth.

I have no intention on losing this hosting for some time to come. Even if I did though, a site hosted there can easily be transferred elsewhere in minutes.

rtwngAvngr said:
Are you going to run any servlet or asp engines? Database?

Not sure if this is directed at me or No1...

I have WHM access & shell access to the entire server, so anything not running can be turned on and/or installed.

no1tovote4 said:
Cool, if I had an immediate idea for a site I would go for it. This isn't home page material folks, this is for something a bit larger.

You can easily do a personal page on here as well. The storage and bandwidth I quoted are the max. I will host for several of you for free if I can. Just shoot me a PM if you have any ideas or questions!

Forum List

Back