Anyone wanna teach in Chicago?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The school year has just begun for Chicago Public School students, but already a high school student has been killed and a teacher attacked.

On Wednesday afternoon, 16-year-old Deantonio Goss was walking home from school in the 8600 block of South Saginaw Avenue when he was fatally shot, according to the Chicago Tribune. An 18-year-old student was also wounded in the incident.

The school is even part of a program designed to curb gun violence near schools, ABC reports:

It's called Safe Passage, an $8 million program funded by federal stimulus dollars. Trained monitors, equipped with cell phones and highly-visible clothing, are being stationed on several blocks around some schools.

... two boys ages 13 and 16, were wounded in a drive-by shooting.

Also on Wednesday afternoon, a CPS teacher was the victim of violence.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, a 27-year-old teacher was attempting to break up a fight at Pickard Elementary School in Pilsen when he was stabbed by a 13-year-old.

Back To School Violence: 16-Year-Old Killed, Teacher Stabbed By 13-Year-Old

guns-for-teacher.gif

Johnny usually cannot read because Johnny's parents don't read.

The apple seldom falls far from the tree.

Show me partents motivated to their children getting an education and I'll show you kids motivated to get an education.

All this right wing blather about unions and tenure is just so much nonsense.

There were unions and tenure 40 years ago, and kids got better educations than they do now, that's for damned sure.

The illness effecting our schools and our children is the illness of this nation, not just the schools.

Last edited:

Show me partents motivated to their children getting an education and I'll show you kids motivated to get an education.

There were unions and tenure 40 years ago, and kids got better educations than they do now, that's for damned sure.

The illness effecting our schools and our children is the illness of this nation, not just the schools.

The public schools caused the illness of this nation!

The school year has just begun for Chicago Public School students, but already a high school student has been killed and a teacher attacked.

On Wednesday afternoon, 16-year-old Deantonio Goss was walking home from school in the 8600 block of South Saginaw Avenue when he was fatally shot, according to the Chicago Tribune. An 18-year-old student was also wounded in the incident.

The school is even part of a program designed to curb gun violence near schools, ABC reports:

It's called Safe Passage, an $8 million program funded by federal stimulus dollars. Trained monitors, equipped with cell phones and highly-visible clothing, are being stationed on several blocks around some schools.

... two boys ages 13 and 16, were wounded in a drive-by shooting.

Also on Wednesday afternoon, a CPS teacher was the victim of violence.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, a 27-year-old teacher was attempting to break up a fight at Pickard Elementary School in Pilsen when he was stabbed by a 13-year-old.

Back To School Violence: 16-Year-Old Killed, Teacher Stabbed By 13-Year-Old

Assuming elementary school is K-5, shouldn't the oldest 5th grader be 11-12? A 13 year old needs to be out of a mainstream elementary school. Must have failed about twice at that point. In places like Japan, libs love that, you take a test in fifth grade. You pass, you go on. If you fail the test, you are tracked for interesting careers like street sweeping.

Thanks to 40 years of Liberals running Congress and teaching the black community that they are victims and don't need fathers or school , just let the Government get you a place to live and give you some money.

Can I axe you a question?

Would I be allowed to pack heat?

Nope, Chicago tried in vain to ban citizen from having guns even in their homes in order to protect themselves from criminals and gang bangers who had guns. But the anti-carrying ordinance is well in effect. Teachers, liquor store owners, bank managers etc can't carry guns!

The only good news is the corrupt, taxacholic, spendaholic shit Mayor Daley is stepping down. The only scary part is that all the people slated to take his spot are 10 fold worse. Expect Chicago to be even worse and in 2 years we might actually miss Daley!

Oh why can't my wife listen to me when I tell her I want to move back to AZ or over to TX!

Forum List

Back