Anyone Wanna talk about herbal medicine..............

Here's a very good tooth ache remedy:

2 floz Hydrogen peroxide
1 tsp iodized salt

heat the mixture in a warm water bath, one container in another.

take about 1/2 the mixture into your mouth and keep it there, on and around the tooth ache site until it's done foaming, spit and rinse and then repeat with the other half of the mixture...............do not swallow the mixture!:eusa_whistle:

Instead of using Afrin to clear nasal congestion, take a cup of warm water, add about a teaspoon of non-iodized table salt and mix it up.

tilt your head back, and pour the water into one nostril until it starts running out of the other. At that point, snort it in while keeping your head tilted back, and then clear your throat like if you were hocking a loogie, and spit.

Repeat for other nostril. Works wonders. And it keeps you clear from the nose all the way down to the chest if you do it daily.

Here's a very good tooth ache remedy:

2 floz Hydrogen peroxide
1 tsp iodized salt

heat the mixture in a warm water bath, one container in another.

take about 1/2 the mixture into your mouth and keep it there, on and around the tooth ache site until it's done foaming, spit and rinse and then repeat with the other half of the mixture...............do not swallow the mixture!:eusa_whistle:

Another one is pure vanilla extract. Rub it directly on. It doesn't take much. Works great for teething.

Another one is pure vanilla extract. Rub it directly on. It doesn't take much. Works great for teething.

Yes that's good for babies.................my remedy should NOT be used for babies they'll swallow it..............it's for adult bad teeth......................here is another for adults.......................brew two cloves of raw broken garlic in 2 floz HP for about 15 minutes for actually killing the infection..................follow previous instruction (use only the liquid and you can reuse the garlic multiple times).................I've personally done both and they work well with no pain medication.

I did the salt remedy until I was able to get the garlic, HP by itself wasn't as affective, I wasn't close to any grocery stores, I was waaay back in the Adirodacks and had to drive quite a way, at least the salt concoction kept my face from falling off until I found the garlic.:rolleyes: :eusa_whistle:

I don’t know much about herbal medicine beyond taking green tea regularly. I hear that it is good for you.

There's a whole world of healing all around you matts...............way outside the realm of the pharmecuticle companies greedy grasp!:eusa_whistle:

For myself I can't be completely angry at the pharmaceuticals. If it wasn't for modern meds I wouldn't be here. 2 of my 5 kids wouldn't be here.

There has to be a balance. There are other options out there for most things. But things like antibiotics for strep throat, can't be replicated in herbal meds. But they are not needed for most ear infections. Better to use home treatments than jump to the meds.

For myself I can't be completely angry at the pharmaceuticals. If it wasn't for modern meds I wouldn't be here. 2 of my 5 kids wouldn't be here.

There has to be a balance. There are other options out there for most things. But things like antibiotics for strep throat, can't be replicated in herbal meds. But they are not needed for most ear infections. Better to use home treatments than jump to the meds.

Actually AH I don't think that there's to many things that raw garlic can't cure or at least knock the crap out of virally, fungally, or bacterially..........the enzymes in raw garlic are amazing...............I know that some pharmecutical compounds are warranted but what have they cured lately?:eusa_whistle:

I think that things that people consume that are supposed to be therapeutic should be free to have FDA approval or not – based upon the whims of the manufacturer and consumer. I think that participation with FDA should be optional. If people are concerned about what herbal and/or medical things they consume, and they trust the FDA, then they will only buy FDA approved items. If other people think that they are a good judge about what is good or bad for them, then they should be free to buy medicines and herms that are not approved by the FDA. It is as simple as that.

I think that things that people consume that are supposed to be therapeutic should be free to have FDA approval or not – based upon the whims of the manufacturer and consumer. I think that participation with FDA should be optional. If people are concerned about what herbal and/or medical things they consume, and they trust the FDA, then they will only buy FDA approved items. If other people think that they are a good judge about what is good or bad for them, then they should be free to buy medicines and herms that are not approved by the FDA. It is as simple as that.

Um the FDA is a bad joke.....................:cuckoo: :rolleyes:

I agree, the FDA is a joke. At the same time I am on a prescription that I believe has saved my life, so I can't be entirely against the idea of pharmaceuticals. I just think that we need to stop the process of pharmaceutical companies using doctors to push the newest medicines they have by providing kickbacks and special perks to them.

I know tons of home remedies. Some I found out about because it's cheaper, others I found out about when I was pregnant and wanted to avoid all OTC drugs I could.

Nasal irrigation is amazing. Studies have shown that it works better than any kind of sinus medications, and it's really cheap. The problem is that it looks horrible. I had people recommending this to me for years and couldn't imagine doing it, but when I was pregnant my nose was running constantly and I finally gave in.
It made my nose stop running, it was a miracle. I highly recommend it for anyone who has sinus problems, allergies, sore throats, ear infections. It seems to help me when I feel like I'm getting an ear infection too.

Another big favorite of mine is Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. It has to be the leaf tea, not just raspberry tea. It's great for all sorts of hormonal problems in men and women, and it is good for your immune system.

If you're a heavy drinker, Milk Thistle is supposed to be good. If you have any kind of liver problems, milk thistle will help. It's supposed to be good for a hangover too, but I haven't tried that yet.

I've eaten raw garlic before to boost my immune system. It also seems to get your energy going and warms you up.

For nausea: candied ginger, ginger tea (although if you're pregnant, ginger can make you more sick)

For nausea or indigestion or gas: mint tea

Also for stomach problems: grind up some fennel, boil it and drink the tea

This isn't really herbal, but Tea Tree Oil is like a first aid kit in a bottle. It's an antiseptic, it helps to heal skin problems and you can use it on scrapes. It does have kind of a "bite" to it, so be careful.

Also not herbal, but natural: colloidal silver. You can get it at the health food store, another thing I was very skeptical about. It's an antibiotic that actually kills ALL the bacteria it comes into contact with instead of leaving some of it to reproduce and get stronger.
I've used this on cuts and scrapes and it also seems to help heal them faster too.

Herbal remedies linked to genetic mutations and cancer...
:eusa_eh:
Herbal remedies linked to cancer
Fri, Aug 09, 2013 - A plant extract used in Chinese herbal remedies for arthritis, gout and inflammation has been directly linked to cancer and causes a surprising number of genetic mutations, scientists said on Wednesday.
The gene signature of aristolochic acid — derived from a vine known as birthwort — was found in tumors from 19 upper urinary tract cancer patients in Taiwan. Scientists have long known that the acid was a carcinogen, but the new study shows for the first time that it causes far more genetic mutations than smoking-related lung cancer or ultraviolet radiation associated with skin cancer.

Tumors in people exposed to the herb had about 150 mutations per megabase, compared with eight in smoking-related lung cancers and 111 in UV-related melanomas, the study in the US journal Science Translational Medicine said.

Knowing more about the acid’s signature will help researchers screen for the herb’s involvement in cancers of other organs, experts said. “Genome-wide sequencing has allowed us to tie aristolochic acid exposure directly to an individual getting cancer,” said Kenneth Kinzler, professor of oncology in the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center’s Ludwig Center for Cancer Genetics and Therapeutics. “The technology gives us the recognizable mutational signature to say with certainty that a specific toxin is responsible for causing a specific cancer,” Kinzler added.

The herb’s cancer links led to a ban on products containing aristolochic acid in Europe and North America in 2001, and in Asia in 2003, the researchers said.

Herbal remedies linked to cancer - Taipei Times

Herbal remedies linked to genetic mutations and cancer...
:eusa_eh:
Herbal remedies linked to cancer
Fri, Aug 09, 2013 - A plant extract used in Chinese herbal remedies for arthritis, gout and inflammation has been directly linked to cancer and causes a surprising number of genetic mutations, scientists said on Wednesday.
The gene signature of aristolochic acid — derived from a vine known as birthwort — was found in tumors from 19 upper urinary tract cancer patients in Taiwan. Scientists have long known that the acid was a carcinogen, but the new study shows for the first time that it causes far more genetic mutations than smoking-related lung cancer or ultraviolet radiation associated with skin cancer.

Tumors in people exposed to the herb had about 150 mutations per megabase, compared with eight in smoking-related lung cancers and 111 in UV-related melanomas, the study in the US journal Science Translational Medicine said.

Knowing more about the acid’s signature will help researchers screen for the herb’s involvement in cancers of other organs, experts said. “Genome-wide sequencing has allowed us to tie aristolochic acid exposure directly to an individual getting cancer,” said Kenneth Kinzler, professor of oncology in the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center’s Ludwig Center for Cancer Genetics and Therapeutics. “The technology gives us the recognizable mutational signature to say with certainty that a specific toxin is responsible for causing a specific cancer,” Kinzler added.

The herb’s cancer links led to a ban on products containing aristolochic acid in Europe and North America in 2001, and in Asia in 2003, the researchers said.

Herbal remedies linked to cancer - Taipei Times

Yep, just because it's "herbal" you can't assume it's safe!

I don't get sick very often, but a few months ago I developed a very sore throat. Not long before that I had a tooth pulled and the aftercare involved rinsing with salt water. So, I thought, what the heck, I'll try gargling with salt water for this sore throat.

Now, this was a very sore throat. But within seconds of gargling with that salt water the pain was gone! Completely gone! It was shocking! The next morning I awoke with a sore throat again and gargled with salt water once more. That was the end of that sore throat. It never came back after that.

I COULD NOT believe how swiftly and thoroughly that salt water eradicated that pain!!! :eek:

(I guess that's not really "herbal" medicine)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back