anyone wanna share a good taco recipe with me?

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I'm looking for a great recipe for the meat. I prefer beef.

Something mexican too, I'm not real big on other cultures' variations.

Thanks in advance!

This is my all purpose Cal-Mex filling recipe/method. It can be used for leftover beef, pork, chicken...or with fresh meats.

1. If using fresh meat, heat a bit of cooking oil in a skillet (medium is fine). Toss in the diced or ground meat and brown.

2. If using leftover meat, cube or shred and set aside. Add oil to the skillet, heat on medium.

3. Add diced onions (and garlic if you swing that way) to the pan and cook until translucent. (add the leftover meat if you are following #2). Add chopped chiles (or the diced canned ones if you don't have fresh). Cook a bit more. Add chopped tomatoes (optional) or tomato sauce (optional) depending on whether you want a "redder" mixture.

4. Season with chile powder, cumin, salt & pep to taste. A dash or two of tobasco sauce doesn't hurt either.

5. Cook until onions are somewhat carmelized. If it gets to dry, add a splash of water to moisten the mixture while it's finishing cooking.

whatya gotz to do ...iz used pulled meat for the taco...gives it a wee bit of bite.....ground and all is disappointing ....pulled meat is easier to eat with the hands etc....you have to get a beef roast or pork shoulder....marinade it in all your favorite mexican spices...(you know the yellow packs in the ethic food section) then slow cook it...pulled it off the bone and make tacos...good cheese...plenty of onions...lettuce and good maters....i like the hard shell

just use a taco mix, McCormicks is good. Then you had a little bit of your own spices, that part you have to figure out, all this with a 1lb of hamburger meat. Get yourself some soft taco shells, and whatever else you want on it. I add chili to the hamburger meat sometime, that is pretty good, re friend beans are also good if you mix them in.

Pork Tacos

1-2 pounds boneless pork spare ribs
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon each: onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, black pepper, white pepper, chili powder.

Combine in a bowl and mix to coat the pork. Place pork in a single layer in a roasting pan. Bake 45 mins. to an hour until done. Remove from oven and cover with foil until cool.

Thinly slice when cool.

For the taco

Corn tortillas
Grated cheddar cheese
Yellow or red onion thinly sliced
Cilantro, chopped

Condiments for the tacos

Shredded lettuce
Guacamole
Salsa or chopped tomatoes
Sour cream

To assemble:

In a sauté pan heat I Tlb. of olive oil and bring to medium high heat.

Place a taco in the pan

Top the taco with some cheese, onion, cilantro and sliced pork. Cook until the cheese is melted.

Add the condiments of your choice and enjoy!

Take skirt steak. Marinate it in equal parts ''low sodium" soy sauce and your favorite hot sauce (I prefer Cholula) and the juice of one lime. Add in two or three cloves of thinly sliced garlic. Marinade it at least two days, three is even better. Grill or broil.

This is more for fajitas than classic tacos, but it is outfuckingstanding.

I do it simple and make Tex-Mex glop.

1 1/2 lb hamburger
1 bag McCormicks reduced salt taco mix
1 small onion diced
1 clove crushed garlic
(Cook onion and garlic with meat and finish with seasoning as directed)
Add
1 large can refried beans
1/2 bottle of picante sauce
(choose your heat level - Mild, medium or hot - add the whole bottle if you want)
1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese as desired
(more if your a cheese lover)
1 small can of chopped jalapeños
(optional)
Mix all together and cook on medium low for about 15 minutes stirring often.

Serve with tortilla chips, taco shells or soft tortillas
For tacos/burritos use fresh lettuce, diced tomatoes and sour cream or use your imagination.

Last edited:
Yeah fajitas is good too. I was actually hoping someone would have a recipe using pulled meat (yes, 'pulled meat' samson). I like it better that way.

Thanks guys

Fillet one Chihuahua (peek-a-poos will do in a pinch)
chop until fine
toss meat into small croc pot
add:
table spoon of cumin
.25 teaspoon salt
a pinch of ground black pepper
teaspoon chopped garlic
.25 teaspoon red pepper powder (preferably cayenne)
.5 cup water

Cook on low for 5 hours stirring occasionally

For the tortillas, follow the recipe on the bag of masa.

New Topics

Forum List

Back