Anyone up for watching Cruz kick the shit out of Sanders?

Wouldn't you think Sanders would keep a low profile a couple of months after a supporter (whom he may have met) shot up an entire republican baseball team? If Sanders was a republican he would have been finished as a politician while a congressional investigation determined how closely he was associated with assassin James Hodgkinson.

Well, here ya go...

Thanks, I watched the whole thing.

My conclusion .. Bernie is an idiot and got his ass kicked.

Cruz had the facts .. Bernie had the same old pathetic speech over and over and over again.

Cruz had facts?

Did he even try to explain why the tax policies he advocates failed in Kansas?

They didn’t fail in Kansas. The teachers unions and democrats failed Kansas.

The conservative Supreme Court in Kansas denied the brownback government from filling their huge deficit by further slashing education to pay for tax breaks.

Your conservative false narrative is noted.

Again, why did the trickle down tax experiment fail? The tax cuts after 6 years have not created growth and have not paid for themselves.

Well, here ya go...

Cruz had the facts .. Bernie had the same old pathetic speech over and over and over again.

Cruz had facts?

As a former Kansas voter, I say your way wrong Brown Back messed up the state big time. the Republicans them self had to go against him to stop the free fall of trickle down.

Well, here ya go...

Cruz had facts?

And that has to win the stupid statement of the day award, which around here, is saying something.

I need to see the actual tax reform legislation before I solidify my position on it. However, based on the talking point sheets being distributed by the GOP and Trump, the individual tax reform looks okay.

But...the corporate tax "reform" looks like a gigantic ass fucking of the American people. There is something seriously crooked going on in what they DON'T say in their talking points. Something very evil and very crooked, and it might be time to start hanging the members of the House Ways and Means Committee from a very high tree.

I have to see the actual legislation first, though.

does anyone know what Bernie did for a living before he turned 40?
He was on welfare.
oh,,,,guess u cant afford call girls on welfare.
Well his first wife did leave him because he was a lazy unemployed piece of shit. I’m guessing prostitutes have the same standards.
but arent male or farm animal prostitutes about half the price of a regular call girl in vermont?

Well, here ya go...

Cruz had facts?

The video is timed, show me where the question was asked, I'll check it out...

btw. were you happy with Bernie promoting a 49.8% federal tax rate like Denmark?

Last edited:
Well, here ya go...

So to be clear, you think trickle down economics is a thing?

In a business friendly environment where you can invest and expand your business .. sure

Do you think if you were being taxed at 49.8 % (Bernie dream) just for federal taxes (probable state & local costs not included) you'd be better off and business concerns would feel inspired to expand?

Last edited:
I need to see the actual tax reform legislation before I solidify my position on it. However, based on the talking point sheets being distributed by the GOP and Trump, the individual tax reform looks okay.

But...the corporate tax "reform" looks like a gigantic ass fucking of the American people. There is something seriously crooked going on in what they DON'T say in their talking points. Something very evil and very crooked, and it might be time to start hanging the members of the House Ways and Means Committee from a very high tree.

I have to see the actual legislation first, though.

You are correct, the corporate tax cut IS a gigantic ass fucking of the American people. Corporate tax cuts do not create jobs. They never have and they never will. Nor do they result in pay raises for workers. Hell, the exact opposite happens. They result in job cuts and suppress wages.

Every Republican will tell you that when the price of something goes up you get less of it. Well when they cut corporate taxes the "price" of pay raises go up. If the corporate tax rate is 35% the "cost" of increasing a wage by a dollar is sixty-five cents. The company can either book the dollar as profit and pay the tax or pass it on to the employee. But when the corporate tax rate is 20% the "cost" of increasing a wage by a dollar is now eighty cents. If the government wanted to encourage companies to raise the salaries of their employees they would lower the cost of providing that raise by INCREASING the corporate tax rate.

Well, here ya go...

So to be clear, you think trickle down economics is a thing?

In a business friendly environment where you can invest and expand your business .. sure

Do you think if you were being taxed at 49.8 % (Bernie dream) just for federal taxes (probable state & local costs not included) you'd be better off and business concerns would feel inspired to expand?

Totally incorrect. The only time trickle down works is when the marginal tax rate is significantly higher than it is currently. It must be on the right side of the Laffer curve. So the correct answer is that trickle down works in an unfriendly business environment.

Truth is, very few companies, and no large companies, put much weight in to the tax rate when deciding to expand their business. They expand when they believe there is adequate demand to justify that expansion. In essence, the cart doesn't push the horse. In economic terms, Say's law is dead. For instance, the highest corporate tax rate in the world is in the United Arab Emirates. US companies invested over nine billion dollars in the UAE last year. That high tax rate did not scare them away and it can be as high as 55% proving that even a rate that high is still to the left of the peak of the Laffer curve.

Forum List

Back