Anyone to Head to Storm Damage-Help?

Feb 9, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
Hi everyone,

Got word from folks in Hunstville (AL-NASA-Hunstville) and a maiden friend in Laurel, MS and two cops there, they need help in rescue, repair, evac, and med help, to those hard hit areas by these tornadic storms. Huntsville wanted VEX for the fact it has a gen on board for 110v, 220v, and 440v and twin 12,000 lb. CAP. winches front and rear.

I'm going to leave here about Monday nite and head that direction. Anyone want to join and help? Let me know here. I am in Las Cruces, NM. Bring hard hat and foul weather gear and sleeping bag.

Thank you all in advance, whether you can help or not, and your prayers and money is needed if you can spare any or help. Red Cross is the contact point in the hit areas. And also local law enforcement offices.

Hat is tipped, and again, thank you.

Robert

Hi everyone,

Got word from folks in Hunstville (AL-NASA-Hunstville) and a maiden friend in Laurel, MS and two cops there, they need help in rescue, repair, evac, and med help, to those hard hit areas by these tornadic storms. Huntsville wanted VEX for the fact it has a gen on board for 110v, 220v, and 440v and twin 12,000 lb. CAP. winches front and rear.

I'm going to leave here about Monday nite and head that direction. Anyone want to join and help? Let me know here. I am in Las Cruces, NM. Bring hard hat and foul weather gear and sleeping bag.

Thank you all in advance, whether you can help or not, and your prayers and money is needed if you can spare any or help. Red Cross is the contact point in the hit areas. And also local law enforcement offices.

Robert
Best to you, storms to be here in North Florida soon. SUPPOSED to be "strong to severe". I'm still sticking sticking tight. Red Cross it is.

Hi everyone,

Robert

Robert, I'm in Atlanta and just called Huntsville PD to try and get some info on what they need. Right now their desperate need is for utility work, lines, poles, etc. Do you know of anyone else I can call?

• Banned
Hi everyone,

Robert

Robert, I'm in Atlanta and just called Huntsville PD to try and get some info on what they need. Right now their desperate need is for utility work, lines, poles, etc. Do you know of anyone else I can call?

Hey everybody thus far--THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guy, It would be best to talk to civil defense, Red Cross, and the Police Department there as they are taking help calls 24/7 in all the areas that have been hit regionally and elsewhere as well as locally, or those places going to get hit tonight and through morning.

I got VEX squared away pretty well and adding gear and welding supplies and the 12 gauge and ammo along with more fuel for the Army Trailer and other gear. I'm stowing extra foul weather gear and clothes as well and added 4 more med. kits, complete.

I'm going to know more also locally as the day wears on and still plan to take off Monday nite as they are clearing roads now for access to many areas. I'm going to take my 1 ton tire chains for VEX also for the off road travel that is bound to be.

All your words, support, kindness and encouragement is most welcomed and I do so thank you.

Hat is tipped,

Robert

• Banned
If possible, for info on help, all types, these are up and running numbers that may help:

Special operations Commander: Captain Rodney Baker: 256-427-7157
Chief's Office: 257-427-7001
Community Relations Supervisor: Sgt. Mark Roberts: 256-427-7157

Not getting through to Laurel, MS to Christine at all. 911 will be back up in about an hour the recording said.

Thank you everyone,

Robert

• Banned
Hi everyone,

Robert
Best to you, storms to be here in North Florida soon. SUPPOSED to be "strong to severe". I'm still sticking sticking tight. Red Cross it is.

Hi dear,

Called some buds in Pensacola and they are buckling down. Are you near the panhandle and up there in the northwest towards Pensacola, dear?

Thank you for your good words. Stay put inside dear. Do you have folks there with you? Keep us posted here.

Robert

My wife and I would like to leave Yuma early with my RV and go help.
But, guess what?
With Obamanations' gas prices continuing to go skyward, can't afford it on our fixed retiree income.
See how that works?

I'll pay your fuel if you can help down that way--plan on being away for about 3 weeks I imagine. I got word from Belton Mill that EG&G Florida (CIA base facility contract co. and lots of friends that work for them there) is now patrolling around NASA-KSC and up around Huntsville also. Trying to find out what equipment those guys got for hurricane type events as they are going to need them. Storms starting according to Sheila Drahm at Huntsville.

If you folks need to call me here at the apartment or at KSC try this for record and will get my cell posted here as well. Thank you mods for letting me post this info for help in the storm track areas. I so appreciate it.

Home here in Las Cruces, NM: 505-990-8039-H

Thank you,

Robert

Thanks for the offer Robert, you are a real American!!!
I am used to paying my own way, and cannot accept your charity for a charitable cause.
I got some bonds I can cash. Need to sleep on it.
We were in Rising Sun last May, and Southern Indianians are welcoming........no less ALL Americans we met going cross country last summer!!!
Thanks again Robert.................Mark.

Thanks for the offer Robert, you are a real American!!!
I am used to paying my own way, and cannot accept your charity for a charitable cause.
I got some bonds I can cash. Need to sleep on it.
We were in Rising Sun last May, and Southern Indianians are welcoming........no less ALL Americans we met going cross country last summer!!!
Thanks again Robert.................Mark.

I totally understand, Mark. I salute you and thank you from the heart for the intention and offer. It is most appreciated.

Your words hit home for memory sake; when I came back inside the USA in late 2009 and headed diagonally across the nation in VEX, from Seattle to Northern FL., to see my country after being out of it for 17 years to the far sides of the world with work, the whole country was so darn friendly, helpful and most kind. Indiana was no exception and met so many great folks there.

I am humbled by your kind words and bless you and yours sir. Fedora is tipped, as always....

Robert

Forum List

Back