Anyone that enforces or creates laws that we have to obey, should have more severe penalties!

ThatDude30

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
It seems like Law Enforcement and Government Officials get a lot of leniency when it comes to their sentencing from a crime they committed. People who take on the responsibility of enforcing the Law, should lead by example and not break even the smallest or dumbest law. If we can get a fine for jay walking, so should they. If we cant run red lights or stop signs they shouldn't either. A law enforcer should be an upstanding citizen of the community and treat everyone fair and the same. They shouldn't have disrespectful attitudes or harass people out of bored or for fun. We are suppose to be able to trust them, but its ok for them not to trust us? How do they think that everyone needs to respect them no matter how disrespectful they are, because of the badge?
Government Officials make decisions daily for this country. We put our trust in them that they are doing the right thing. The Government creates the Laws, they need to lead by example. If they break the law they should receive harsher punishments.

Anyone that enforces or creates or has anything to do with the laws that civilians are required to obey or be punished so should they. Actually they should be held at a higher standard, and anyone that holds any title representing the Government or law enforcement should have a more severe punishment than a normal civilian. Just for the fact that they create and enforce they laws they say we need to follow does not mean that the laws don't pertain to them.

It seems like Law Enforcement and Government Officials get a lot of leniency when it comes to their sentencing from a crime they committed. People who take on the responsibility of enforcing the Law, should lead by example and not break even the smallest or dumbest law. If we can get a fine for jay walking, so should they. If we cant run red lights or stop signs they shouldn't either. A law enforcer should be an upstanding citizen of the community and treat everyone fair and the same. They shouldn't have disrespectful attitudes or harass people out of bored or for fun. We are suppose to be able to trust them, but its ok for them not to trust us? How do they think that everyone needs to respect them no matter how disrespectful they are, because of the badge?
Government Officials make decisions daily for this country. We put our trust in them that they are doing the right thing. The Government creates the Laws, they need to lead by example. If they break the law they should receive harsher punishments.

Anyone that enforces or creates or has anything to do with the laws that civilians are required to obey or be punished so should they. Actually they should be held at a higher standard, and anyone that holds any title representing the Government or law enforcement should have a more severe punishment than a normal civilian. Just for the fact that they create and enforce they laws they say we need to follow does not mean that the laws don't pertain to them.
Anyone that enforces or creates or has anything to do with the laws that civilians are required to obey or be punished so should they. Actually they should be held at a higher standard

A higher legal standard? No. A higher ethical standard? Absolutely.

Anyone that enforces or creates or has anything to do with the laws that civilians are required to obey or be punished so should they. Actually they should be held at a higher standard

Actually, yes they should. Pre World War II Marines. The fine for an accidental discharge by a Marine was $20. This penalized anyone who accidentally fired a round when they absolutely should not have. This was far more than a months pay for a Marine in those days. Lieutenant Chesty Puller when he had an accidental discharge, fined himself $100.

Five times the normal fine. There was no regulation, nor any standard that it should be that way. But Chesty Puller believed that Officers should be held to a higher standard. In that I agree. I agreed when I was a Sergeant and had soldiers I was in charge of. It meant I refused to be a part of the do as I say but not as I do crowd.

The enforcers of the law, and those who pass the law should be punished to the absolute limit of the law. Not the minimum, nor should sentencing take into account all the times they were not caught. They should be punished to the maximum. If the guideline is three to five years, they should get the five. If the maximum fine is one million, the maximum should be the minimum acceptable.

Yes, they should be held to the highest possible legal standard. Not excused.

Actually, yes they should. Pre World War II Marines. The fine for an accidental discharge by a Marine was $20. This penalized anyone who accidentally fired a round when they absolutely should not have. This was far more than a months pay for a Marine in those days. Lieutenant Chesty Puller when he had an accidental discharge, fined himself $100.

Five times the normal fine. There was no regulation, nor any standard that it should be that way. But Chesty Puller believed that Officers should be held to a higher standard. In that I agree. I agreed when I was a Sergeant and had soldiers I was in charge of. It meant I refused to be a part of the do as I say but not as I do crowd.

The enforcers of the law, and those who pass the law should be punished to the absolute limit of the law. Not the minimum, nor should sentencing take into account all the times they were not caught. They should be punished to the maximum. If the guideline is three to five years, they should get the five. If the maximum fine is one million, the maximum should be the minimum acceptable.

I refused to be a part of the do as I say but not as I do crowd.

The concept of executive discretion and when it is and is not applicable is a thing not well understood by many.

So... The short version is... You dont believe in equality before the law... Neither do many others...

The concept of executive discretion and when it is and is not applicable is a thing not well understood by many.

The convex of authority is responsibility. Without equal responsibility you have the classic power corrupts. To prevent that corruption you must hold them responsible at an equal level with their responsibility.

The convex of authority is responsibility. Without equal responsibility you have the classic power corrupts. To prevent that corruption you must hold them responsible at an equal level with their responsibility.
The convex of authority is responsibility.

What?

How about these lawmakers who pass laws that make sex crimes more severe, all the while, they are groping women and sexually abusing them behind the scenes and not getting in trouble because they are famous and the women are scared to come forward.

New Topics

Forum List

Back