Anyone successfully convert to vegetarianism?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
If so, how long did it take, what did you do to succeed long term etc?

I have tried a few times, as I like to work out and bodybuild, it's tough for me to enjoy the process as I have always loved my meat and protein. With the advent of whey protein supplements, I feel I can probably give it a go. I have failed miserably each time, my longest stretch without meat was probably two weeks :(

Vegan is out of the question, but I would like to get some tips from anyone who has been successful in such an endeavour.

Thanks in advance if anyone can contribute some good tips.

If you are serious about bodybuilding and diet, I recommend you consult a professional dietician and nutritionist. It could be your lifestyle requires some natural protein and meat intake.

I would go with organic. They even have vegetarian eggs, if you can imagine. Hang out with ppl who eat the kind of diet you want to follow. Try the same restaurants and brands. The same way you make bodybuilding routine a part of your life, you do the same with vegetarian and do activities with friends who live that lifestyle. So it becomes natural to you

Yuck. Veggies and more veggies alla time. Housemate is a vegetarian. I tried for a few days but couldn't handle it. If I never see another squash or cucumber or head of lettuce..I will be a happy camper.

The question is ... why would you?

20151202-prime-rib-red-wine-jus-step-by-step-kenji-28.jpg

I have tried a few times, as I like to work out and bodybuild, it's tough for me to enjoy the process as I have always loved my meat and protein. With the advent of whey protein supplements, I feel I can probably give it a go. I have failed miserably each time, my longest stretch without meat was probably two weeks :(

Vegan is out of the question, but I would like to get some tips from anyone who has been successful in such an endeavour.

Couldn't you just cut back on your portion sizes, reduce the guilt..

I mean seriously, just a double burger would be fine.. :omg:

971526_10151645437179123_1603204000_n (1).jpg

I don't eat red meat much any more. Chicken, babybackribs, turkey, eggs, etc. I gotta have my protein. Housemate makes this awful soup. Nothing but veggies in it. Name the veggie, and "it's in d'ere". He uses veggie broth and chicken broth. But no meat. And no salt. His spaghetti is nothing but veggies mixed in with no salt tomatoe sauce. Everything is gross. And like I said..I tried it. I died a little bit. So...I would sneak in there and cook me some eggs! Then I said fuck it and bought some bacon, lol.

I go through long periods where I do nothing but vegetables but my end game is not I will never eat meat again. I will eat vegetables until I don't want to anymore. I really like Mediterranean food and I could live off of a Greek eggplant salad for days. The key for me is to stay away from really bland food.

Like practically all restrictive fad diets, a vegetarian is diet is an unbalanced diet that lacks essential nutrients. I used to be a professional nutritionist and personal trainer. My clients ranged from competitive bodybuilders & powerlifters to middle aged mothers who desperately want their college days body back. And several of them were vegetarians before becoming my client.

My advice to vegetarians is to cheat once in awhile or suffer the negative health consequences of an unbalanced diet lacking essential nutrients. If you follow a strict vegetarian diet you will likely become obese due to malnourishment. Those who are vegetarians because they think it is healthier are very misguided and lack adequate nutrition education to know it.

That said, the only valid reasons people have to become a vegetarian are personal moral or political reasons. And in that case they are vegans.

My advice to vegans is to harvest fresh roadkill. Practically nobody has any moral objection to that. Some may say "YUCK!" but I've harvested deer from the side of the road on several occasions. It's free meat and if you know how to cook it, venison is delicious.

I am curious, why do you want to be a vegetarian?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back