Anyone seen this?

Those who stay in their office working on papers always have enough time :cheers2: to see other people's mistakes :) But let's not show disrespect to the press and "editor generals". People do what they are good for... most of them.

regards

If this technology matures quickly we could withdrawl from the ME and let them kill each other or not. WE'd have enough petrolium to do the non gasoline stuff as well.

IF something sounds too good to be true............... sure hope this aint it.

ErikViking said:
Looks very interesting, but isn't hydrogen kind of dangerous?

Potentially dangerous. Remember the Hindenburg and all that. I think that the containment and safety tech has come a ways since then.

Problem I see is Big Oil Lobby hitting congress with a gigabuck or two in order to muzzle this if it is effective.

Assuming that the BOL and thier gigabux fail, problem number two would be the correction in oil prices. With a potentially drastic drop in demand the price of gasoline would fall. Once crude got down to a certain point, we may not be drilling or pumping to get the oil to make plastic with. I don't have the credentials to do an If/Then scenario but there would be a huge adjustment to make economically. The BOL would play this record (black round thing with grooves in it for the CD generation) over and over to congress.

First conspiracy theory I ever heard was in 1976. There was supposed to be a 100mpg carb that BO suppressed.

pegwinn said:
Potentially dangerous. Remember the Hindenburg and all that. I think that the containment and safety tech has come a ways since then.

Problem I see is Big Oil Lobby hitting congress with a gigabuck or two in order to muzzle this if it is effective.

Assuming that the BOL and thier gigabux fail, problem number two would be the correction in oil prices. With a potentially drastic drop in demand the price of gasoline would fall. Once crude got down to a certain point, we may not be drilling or pumping to get the oil to make plastic with. I don't have the credentials to do an If/Then scenario but there would be a huge adjustment to make economically. The BOL would play this record (black round thing with grooves in it for the CD generation) over and over to congress.

First conspiracy theory I ever heard was in 1976. There was supposed to be a 100mpg carb that BO suppressed.

Yep, big oil would have a huge problem...but they would eventually adjust. They would have to. The situation kind of reminds me of the whaling industry.

CSM said:
Yep, big oil would have a huge problem...but they would eventually adjust. They would have to. The situation kind of reminds me of the whaling industry.

Noted. Except that Big Oil is far better financed and politically connected than the whalers were in thier day. I hope the inventor of this goes straight to the public. It would take a huge outcry to be successful.

CSM said:
Actually, this little piece of chemistry is /was demonstrated in miniature in high school. The amount of energy needed to separate the molecule is not as great as some would have you believe. "Brown's Gas" has been around for over 100 years.

Yes, electrolysis is a very well understood principle. I bet you didn't know that it takes 285.8 kJ/mol of water to break the hydrogen bonds in a water molecule. That is a tremendous amount of energy, and any chemist knows that there is no way in hell that you are getting more energy out of the "recombined" H-H-O molecule than you are putting in to break water.

This site has a thorough debunking of Brown's Gas:

http://www.phact.org/e/bgas.htm

PsuedoGhost said:
Yes, electrolysis is a very well understood principle. I bet you didn't know that it takes 285.8 kJ/mol of water to break the hydrogen bonds in a water molecule. That is a tremendous amount of energy, and any chemist knows that there is no way in hell that you are getting more energy out of the "recombined" H-H-O molecule than you are putting in to break water.

This site has a thorough debunking of Brown's Gas:

http://www.phact.org/e/bgas.htm

Chemistry is not my field, but it seems to me that if they can build a race car using this technology that they sure as hell could build a mail truck using it...

Something has to give; our dependency on oil makes us all vulnerable in one way or another. IMO we need alternatives that are economically viable and robust enough to support our energy needs in this country. I qould like to see research in earnest on many, many forms of alternative technologies, not necessarily just H-H-O. Who knows, maybe it is a combination of things that will free us from the insatiable thirst for oil.

CSM said:
Chemistry is not my field, but it seems to me that if they can build a race car using this technology that they sure as hell could build a mail truck using it...

Something has to give; our dependency on oil makes us all vulnerable in one way or another. IMO we need alternatives that are economically viable and robust enough to support our energy needs in this country. I qould like to see research in earnest on many, many forms of alternative technologies, not necessarily just H-H-O. Who knows, maybe it is a combination of things that will free us from the insatiable thirst for oil.

I agree that we need to be researching oil alternatives, but this "H-H-O" technology has much to prove if we are going to start accepting it. Until I see some of the background science behind it, it is a very hard sale.

PsuedoGhost said:
I agree that we need to be researching oil alternatives, but this "H-H-O" technology has much to prove if we are going to start accepting it. Until I see some of the background science behind it, it is a very hard sale.
I understand and believe me I am not selling H-H-O technology; I am an advocate of research however, and feel no avenue should be left unexamined. I also think there must be something to it if the US Army is asking for vehicles based on that technology.

Forum List

Back