Anyone see Underworld?

Yes it is. I like it.

One thing made me laugh : the vampires have really nice clothes, they are chic, pretty. the Lycaons look like Tchetchenians terrorists.

But I find it not bad, I imagine the vampire really nice, and with pretty clothes.
Like in "Entretient avec un Vampire" - sorry, I don't know the english title, the literral translation is : Conversation with a Vampire. With Tom Cruise,and Brad Pitt. Lestat is really genteel, rafined.

padisha emperor said:
Yes it is. I like it.

One thing made me laugh : the vampires have really nice clothes, they are chic, pretty. the Lycaons look like Tchetchenians terrorists.

But I find it not bad, I imagine the vampire really nice, and with pretty clothes.
Like in "Entretient avec un Vampire" - sorry, I don't know the english title, the literral translation is : Conversation with a Vampire. With Tom Cruise,and Brad Pitt. Lestat is really genteel, rafined.

I think American culture in particular likes to glamorize vampire.........showing a more techno saavy and spohisticated vampire. But that's what I liked about this movie. A lot of my gothic friends were and still are very worldly shall we say.
I did enjoy Interview With a Vampire, but I am big Ann Rice fan, although she was not too pleased with Cruise as Lestat, I think he did okay, however I liked the actor who played Kraven in Underworld..........He is to me the epitome' of the chic vampyre...........Gary Oldman is still my favorite Dracula

my stepdaughter, who is a wannabe goth, bought this and liked it. made me watch it with her. truth be told, the only reason I watched it was for kate beckinsale. :hitit:

DKSuddeth said:
my stepdaughter, who is a wannabe goth, bought this and liked it. made me watch it with her. truth be told, the only reason I watched it was for kate beckinsale. :hitit:

Just make sure your stepdaughter has a level head and doesn't get too deeply involved esp re blood drinking. But then again Im sure you already thought of that!

I couldn't stand this movie. Half way through we were just laughing at it.

A war's been going on between werewolves and vampires for 500 years and the best that guy can do is whips with silver plating on them?

Why does only one guy have a sword and everyone else has a useless gun? Here's an idea, make more swords. Hell, a stick would be more effective. How long has this war been going on?

The vampires were a bunch of prisy wimps. What the hell is that?

Vampires are super strong, super fast, regenerating, hyper intelligent killing machines. Werewolves are big stupid dogs.

Not in this movie folks. In this movie werewolves are bad ass one beast wrecking machines and vampires are their pasty-white chew toys.

Then the silly backstory romance....give me a break.

Such a great idea gone horrendously wrong.

I hated this movie.

Zhukov, in a lot of movies there are stupid things - like the sword here - but if you don't think to that, you can enjoy for yhe show and have a good moment.

Of course, when you think to it after....you'll find it maybe quite bad. But nervermind, you would have past a good moment ;)

This kind of movies must been watched with a sleepy brain. Like a lot of US blockbusters. You watch, you enjoy, nothing to understand.

nbdysfu said:
I thought Blade ]] was a much better movie.
not the blade 2, please.. maybe i am just jelous, but i just want for once someone come around and kick WS butt, but noo he is sooo fast and strong and blah blah blah... arghh...

but underworld was good after long day at work kind of movie, no thinking, just a little bit of romance and a lot of violence, yep and leather clothing was good :) although some of those guys should learn how to shoot automatic weapons in the small place and not to miss.

I hated Blade II, but really liked Underworld. I guess I should note that I watched Underworld after having not slept for about 48 hours, but it was very entertaining. For what it was (a very corny movie about vampires and werewolves), I thought it was very successful.

And, don't get me started about illogical action scenes. How about the climax of the Punisher, in which most of the shots are fired at point-blank range. And of course, everyone shoots him in the body, even though it becomes very clear that he has a bulletproof vest on, and even though his head is RIGHT THERE! Oh well, I guess it's better than Arnold surviving that blast at the end of Predator (take that, Insein!).

Zhukov said:
I couldn't stand this movie. Half way through we were just laughing at it.

A war's been going on between werewolves and vampires for 500 years and the best that guy can do is whips with silver plating on them?

Why does only one guy have a sword and everyone else has a useless gun? Here's an idea, make more swords. Hell, a stick would be more effective. How long has this war been going on?

The vampires were a bunch of prisy wimps. What the hell is that?

Vampires are super strong, super fast, regenerating, hyper intelligent killing machines. Werewolves are big stupid dogs.

Not in this movie folks. In this movie werewolves are bad ass one beast wrecking machines and vampires are their pasty-white chew toys.

Then the silly backstory romance....give me a break.

Such a great idea gone horrendously wrong.

I hated this movie.

I have to agree with Z. I have never seen another Vampire movie portray
them so Cat-like. Watch it again and look for the signs

I watched it last weekend. I thought it was pretty funny, especially those black beast things. Why didn't that guy whip the shit out of it while when he had the chance in the water - doh! And the two "Cops" were pretty cheesy too.

Forum List

Back