Anyone See this pattern?

S

SlappyJack

http://fas.org/nuke/guide/iran/nuke/

"In February 2004 it was discovered that Iran had blueprints for an advanced centrifuge design usable for uranium enrichment that it had withheld from nuclear inspectors."

Scary stuff.

http://www.graphicmaps.com/webimage/countrys/me.htm

Take a look at the above-mentioned map of the Middle East. Now, assuming we "free" Iran and necessarily rid the world of the threat of nuclear weapons in the hands of yet another terrorist country, we are also encircling the somewhat newly tapped Caspian Sea area where the oilfields are plentiful. In each of the areas around it, we've established military bases and our "pal" Saudi Arabia just chillin' below Iraq.

Now, Iran is one of the members of the "axis of Evil" that Bush coined. I'm all for disarming the threat, but I can't help identifying the geographical significance of the places we've occupied/transformed/pocketed/persuaded. Also, keep in mind that the proposed Caspian pipeline which involves Halliburton (Cheney), Unocal (where new Afghan president Khalid bin Mahfouz was a consultant) , Carlyle (Bush family, Saudi Arabia royals), Enron (Cheney), Saudi Arabia, China, and Pakistan travels from Turkmenistan, through Afghanistan, Pakistan, and then India (ending near Enron's failed Dabhol plant). Coincidence?

Again, I want a safe world for my children but my Catch 22 resides in the fact that I appreciate the administration making the world a safer place, but is the agenda going to make the world despise us more? Buckle your seatbelts in the next two years, folks.
In February 2004 it was discovered that Iran had blueprints for an advanced centrifuge design usable for uranium enrichment that it had withheld from nuclear inspectors.

Hey there Slappy !! You need an avatar... It is suppost to represent you !!

Oh yeah welcome to the board !;)

That's more like it. Well....anyone care to comment on my post?

An even better one now.

Anyway, I'd really like to have the input of others about my thread. Does anyone see the agenda vs. the terrorist issue here? It's interesting that Iran has decided to hide things from the inspectors.....sounds eerily familiar, doesn't it?

I don't believe our President is sending American soldiers around the world to die so that oil companies might increase their profit margins.

Yes, Iran should be dealt with before it is too late. Perhaps that would have been an easier task to accomplish had the world and the U.S. liberal left stood resolutely behind the President's goal of removing Saddam Hussein. As it is, we will probably have to wait at least till the President's second term or at the worst for another catastrophic terrorist attack before decisive action is taken against them.

You gotta think the coincidence of the players involved is pretty interesting. Add Chevron in that mix. Condoleeza Rice's area of expertise when on their board of directors was Central Asia.

Again, I'm all for hunting down the terrorists and making the world a better place, but I hope that we don't piss off the world in the process as a result of hidden agendas

We can't pussy foot all over the world worrying about what people will think of us. Other countries have hidden agendas (and overt agendas).

True and the American spirit will never allow for us to "pussyfoot". Plus, we're too powerful....BUT, is it better for our allies to fear us or to love us? I'm all for disarming Iran, but I thin kwe retain a better kinship with our allies if we do not virtually go at it alone this time. Better intel and a smooth transition leaving Iraq will surely benefit the way our allies see our effort.

Originally posted by SlappyJack
True and the American spirit will never allow for us to "pussyfoot". Plus, we're too powerful....BUT, is it better for our allies to fear us or to love us? I'm all for disarming Iran, but I thin kwe retain a better kinship with our allies if we do not virtually go at it alone this time. Better intel and a smooth transition leaving Iraq will surely benefit the way our allies see our effort.

The libs would love for us to be isolationists again and that plan was disastrous. Fear, love?---- I would settle for respect. Who exactly do you see as an "ally" right now? If we are under attack and no one is willing to stand up and help then we go it alone. It's not disgraceful to defend yourself.

Better intel and a smooth transition leaving Iraq will surely benefit the way our allies see our effort.posted by slappyjack

I agree it would be best if all would go smoothly and no mistakes are made. However, that is about as likely as 'our allies' seeing the benefit even if all were perfect. Not going to happen. They will only be our allies again when they feel their own threats are beyond their abilility to control.

Whoops, I forgot to say Welcome slappy!:D

" If we are under attack and no one is willing to stand up and help then we go it alone. It's not disgraceful to defend yourself."

Excellent point. But at what point do more countries view us as beligerent bullies whose goal is world dominance? Strength in numbers. I think the UN intelligence community is willing to share their info with each other a little more this time. I just hope that when it comes time to disarm Iran, it's a unified UN effort

Seems to be the case. Tenet resigning is a prime example of the state of our intelligence bureau. Family time? Uh huh....think the CIA is about to get slam-o'd by the 9/11 commission?

Forum List

Back