Anyone play in a softball league?

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I'm in the church league. It's a very organized and competitive league, and a great bunch of guys and girls. The sportsmanship is a lot better in the church league than other leagues around here. We just started playing double-headers for the month of June, as of today. I'm beat the hell up right now.

The older I get the more I love the game of baseball and all of its derivatives.

I did until about a year ago. I was in a car accident and messed up my knee, plus I broke my nose and orbital four days before our tourney. My shoulder is also shot from playing softball for twenty years.
But I played in a church league one year, our team sucked but everyone had good attitudes.
And PS never slide with your hands unless you know what you are doing. I saw a girls arm bone pop out of her skin, not pretty. ;)

I haven't lost that much athletic ability yet .... :eek:
nah man, there's the gay kind of softball and then there's the competitive kind where you don't get playing time unless you can PLAY.

This league is about as competitive as it gets.

I live out my dreams of being a baseball star vicariously through this :lol:

nah man, there's the gay kind of softball and then there's the competitive kind where you don't get playing time unless you can PLAY.

a softball fast pitch, is harder to hit than a baseball pitch. ;)
And if who think church league is competitive, well..... I am not saying anything.:razz:

a softball fast pitch, is harder to hit than a baseball pitch. ;)
And if who think church league is competitive, well..... I am not saying anything.:razz:

Well there's some leagues that are more competitive than others. This league is taken very seriously by the teams. It's about as structured as I've seen in a softball league. I like it better than another league I used to play in that wasn't a church league. This one is just as competitive, but the attitudes of the people are a lot better.

Forum List

Back