Anyone notice Google isn't honoring Pearl Harbor day?

You mean the day that used to be known as the Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, then the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, and now just Pearl Harbor day? In a few more years I suspect it'll be the day a few unfortunate Japanese bomber pilots lost their lives.

I guess because it isn't communist or muslim enough for them.

crying.gif

mario_fail.gif

Well, I guess they don't want to offend those in Japan that use their search engine.

They have their own search engine in Japan. We use the US version in the US.

Should Google not have a 4th of July thing because it might offend the BRitish?

I guess because it isn't communist or muslim enough for them.

I honor that fateful day every year, with a somber moment of reflection for those who were maimed or died, in service to their country. I think of all soldiers and every American soldier who has ever served in combat with a willingness to die for their nation and I deeply "thank them," one and all. I am free because of them. :salute:

pearlharbor9mg.gif

It was an American defeat. It was inflicted on us by a government that no longer exists. Today's Japan is as different from the Japan of 1941 as today's Germany is from Nazi Germany. We won the war that followed decisively.

Enough. Time to move on.

It was an American defeat. It was inflicted on us by a government that no longer exists. Today's Japan is as different from the Japan of 1941 as today's Germany is from Nazi Germany. We won the war that followed decisively.

Enough. Time to move on.

So why does Google honor Cinco de mayo? That celebrates a Mexican victory over France. That was many French republics ago, not the same government. Why is it honored?

Don't think they marked armistice day or the anniversary of the OKC bombing either... I don't think what Google does on their front page is all that big of a deal

Is Armistice day really something we should celebrate? Sure it "ended" WW1, but it was also the day the other nations of the world screwed up the world that created the conditions for WW2.

Last edited:
Lol some of you people get out of your bed and make it your daily quest to see what you can be paranoid about.

Forum List

Back