Anyone Live in Las Vegas?

I was actually there arround 15 years.

So glad NOT to be there anymore.

There are lots of places I would prefer to live over Vegas.

There are also lots of places I would pick Vegas over.

I lived there for 15 years until about a year ago

Did you leave because you didn't like the city, or was it for other reasons that had nothing to do with Vegas itself?

I lived there for 14 or 15 years, too. (I was born there, and moved when i was 14 or 15)

Vegas is quite a nice city, but crime and the local economy isn't so great.
Suburbs were manufactured on a large scale and it expanded very very quickly. They expanded too fast and very heavily relied on borrowed money. The expansion collapsed on itself and it had the #1 foreclosure rate in the nation.

If you love gambling and entertainment, then this is the place for you. Also, fyi. If you live on the outer skirts or near the edge, keep all pets inside or under supervision/on a leash! Wolves/Coyotes will eat them! (I'm not kidding)

Last edited:
Well, it's confirmed, much later than I had expected. I'm moving there in early February. It's going to be quite a change. I'm guessing it's not the best place to raise a kid, but I'll find a private school to send him to. Excited and nervous at the same time.

Very libertarian out there. In fact I believe NV was the state where the most Paul republicans got significant seats throughout the state. Especially Clark county.

Yep, and very democratic too. Not sure if Dina Titus is still in office there.

I lived there for 15 years until about a year ago

Did you leave because you didn't like the city, or was it for other reasons that had nothing to do with Vegas itself?

I lived there for 14 or 15 years, too. (I was born there, and moved when i was 14 or 15)

Suburbs were manufactured on a large scale and it expanded very very quickly. They expanded too fast and very heavily relied on borrowed money. The expansion collapsed on itself and it had the #1 foreclosure rate in the nation.

If you love gambling and entertainment, then this is the place for you. Also, fyi. If you live on the outer skirts or near the edge, keep all pets inside or under supervision/on a leash! Wolves/Coyotes will eat them! (I'm not kidding)

I just got a place in Seven Hills. Moving next month on the 11th.

I just got a place in Seven Hills. Moving next month on the 11th.

Not bad at all.

But let me tell you this. Crime is possible anywhere in the city. It doesn't matter how upscale your house is. It's happened many many times in the past, and it will continue to happen. Stay safe.

Forum List

Back