Anyone know why Republicans are so terrified of holding Town Hall meetings this year?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Lawmakers ditch town halls: 'They want to avoid those gotcha moments'

Jones, who hails from a ruby red state where more than 60 percent of the voters went for Trump in 2016, said itā€™s particularly important for lawmakers in states like his to hold events, so they donā€™t end up in their own ā€œecho chamber.ā€

Incumbent Republicans in upstate New York are going to great lengths to avoid their constituents

----------------

So what's the big deal? Republicans have done what their base voted them into office to do. They should be proud.

They should go in front of their constituents and boast about all the things they've done.

Jones, who hails from a ruby red state where more than 60 percent of the voters went for Trump in 2016, said itā€™s particularly important for lawmakers in states like his to hold events, so they donā€™t end up in their own ā€œecho chamber.ā€

Incumbent Republicans in upstate New York are going to great lengths to avoid their constituents

----------------

So what's the big deal? Republicans have done what their base voted them into office to do. They should be proud.

They should go in front of their constituents and boast about all the things they've done.

The only people crying about Republicans to hold town meetings are the ones who aren't going to vote for Republicans anyway.

Afraid they'll end up like Scalise at the ball game? Some crazed demoquack shooting them up?

The only people crying about Republicans to hold town meetings are the ones who aren't going to vote for Republicans anyway.
Note how this guy DIDN'T answer the question in the OP...

deflection_explained.jpg

We have no need of showing how uncivilized the Left is these days. They are so good at doing that themselves.

----------------

I'm a Republican. I'd be happy to go to town hall meetings. No problem at all.

----------------

I haven't seen my democrat representative at a Town Hall in over 5 years

----------------

Take a look at how leftists are behaving in the Kavanaugh hearings, and take a wild guess.

----------------

I'm a Republican. I'd be happy to go to town hall meetings. No problem at all.
It's not you; the Republican pols have been afraid of holding them since the Obamacare fight last year. We had a lot of protesters and hollerers and things got really ugly and there was very little that could be accomplished.
Our local Republican US Congresscritter is holding "telephonic townhalls" which I keep getting robo-invited to attend since I sent him an e-mail bitching about something. I presume they hang up on you if you're loud or disruptive. Also, no one could throw rotten eggs. But nothing like that was happening around here, anyway.

I've mentioned this before, but one of my aunts got so worked up at a Town Meeting that she stroked out and died on the steps as she left.
And that was years before Obamacare or Trump or any of that. Town Meeting can be long and contentious some years, and everyone gets their say, but shutting others up by drowning them out? No.

These Town Hall meetings become opportunities for the folks on the Left to show up in disproportionate numbers and scream bloody murder over things the majority donā€™t care about. So theyā€™re now worth doing.

Leftist paid protesters are trucked around from town hall to town hall to disrupt. If a few of them had heads busted they wouldn't feel so comfortable in disrupting.

New Topics

Forum List

Back