Anyone know where...

Is that how it works? :lol:

Yes, it is.
:lol:
Alright. I'm sure you'll have no problem proving that all of these verses are "abrogated" then, right? Let's see some statements from the Prophet (SAWS) about all of these peaceful ayat being "abrogated" by these violent ones.

Since the only thing that really matters is what Allah said, why do you even listen to the confused mumblings of the false prophet? Given the fact that no one he knew knew how to write I don't understand how you can claim anyone recorded anything he said. Did the same people who used time travel to distort the Bible pop in and secretly record what he said?

Yes, it is.
:lol:
Alright. I'm sure you'll have no problem proving that all of these verses are "abrogated" then, right? Let's see some statements from the Prophet (SAWS) about all of these peaceful ayat being "abrogated" by these violent ones.

Since the only thing that really matters is what Allah said, why do you even listen to the confused mumblings of the false prophet? Given the fact that no one he knew knew how to write I don't understand how you can claim anyone recorded anything he said. Did the same people who used time travel to distort the Bible pop in and secretly record what he said?

Always so angry whenever the religion of truth is being discussed. Perhaps you'd have your questions answered if you phrased them less trollishly.

Always so angry whenever the religion of truth is being discussed. Perhaps you'd have your questions answered if you phrased them less trollishly.

Kalam, if you think I sounded angry there you have no idea what anger is.

Eh, Kalam's a Muslim so, he's always angry (even when he's stoned - go figure). He must figure that it's normal for all.

Anger is watching your government's allies slaughter your coreligionists while knowing that you can't do anything to help them because of ridiculous "terrorist group" legislation.

Now, did you want to ask your questions again or not?

By the way, does anyone know exactly how you are supposed to refer to this comic book?

Is it called the "koran"?
the "kuran"?
the q'ran?
quran?
qur'an?

It's almost as bad as Muammer ? in Libya.

Khaddafi
Gaddafi
Quaddafi
Gadhafi
Qadhafi

What the hell do the Mussies do, throw a whole bunch of Scrabble tiles into a bag, pull a bunch of tiles out, and see what kind of word they can make from the letters they draw???

Xotoffi

When reading it remember..it doesn't work in order. Whenever something contradictory is written Muslims are expected to take the newer version.

And the newer versions are always the most violent.

However, it's not put together in a way which follows logically...the more peaceful passages may come towards the end. But they are not the most recent, and therefore they are displaced by more recent (but in the book, previous), more violent directives.

Pretty close. Here is a thumbnail.

An example of the abrogation: there are 124 versus that call for tolerance and patience which have been canceled and replaced by this one single verse:

9.5. Then when the Sacred Months (the Ist, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islâmic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikûn (see V.2:105) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and give Zakât, then leave their way free. Verily, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Quran, there are only 43 Surahs that were not affected by this concept.

This doctrine is based on the Quran, where Allah allegedly says in Surah 2:106. Whatever a Verse (revelation) do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it. Know you not that Allâh is able to do all things?

Also, in Surah
16101. And when We change a Verse [of the Qur'ân, i.e. cancel (abrogate) its order] in place of another, and Allâh knows the best of what He sends down, they (the disbelievers) say: "You (O Muhammad SAW) are but a Muftari! (forger, liar)." Nay, but most of them know not.
The Noble Quran : Surat 16

The Abrogator and the Abrogated
In their attempt to polish Islam's image, Muslim activists usually quote the Meccan passages of the Quran that call for love, peace and patience. The deliberately hid the Medenan passages that call for killing, decapitating, and maiming.

Muslim activists also fail to reveal to people in the West a major doctrine in Islam called "al-Nasikh wal-Mansoukh" (the Abrogator and the Abrogated). This simply means that when a recent verse in the Quran gives a contradictory view to another verse that preceded it (chronologically), the recent verse abrogates (cancels and replaces) the old verse and renders it null and void.

Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

[al-Tawbah 9:5]

He did not say,“if they pay the jizyah”. The Jews, Christians and Magians are to be asked to enter Islam; if they refuse then they should be asked to pay the jizyah. If they refuse to pay the jizyah then the Muslims must fight them if they are able to do so. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allaah,(2) nor in the Last Day,(3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allaah and His Messenger (Muhammad),(4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued”

[al-Tawbah 9:29]

And it was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) accepted the jizyah from the Magians, but it was not proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) accepted the jizyah from anyone except the three groups mentioned above.

The basic principle concerning that is the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism, i.e. worshipping others besides Allaah), and the religion (worship) will all be for Allaah Alone [in the whole of the world]”

[al-Anfaal 8:39]

“Then when the Sacred Months (the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikoon (see V.2:105) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush. But if they repent [by rejecting Shirk (polytheism) and accept Islamic Monotheism] and perform As-Salaah (Iqaamat-as-Salaah), and give Zakaah, then leave their way free. Verily, Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Tawbah 9:5]

This verse is known as Ayat al-Sayf (the verse of the sword).

These and similar verses abrogate the verses which say that there is no compulsion to become Muslim.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat li’l-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 6/219

Islam Question and Answer - There is no compulsion to accept

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Newton/tolerance.htmlIslam

Anger is watching your government's allies slaughter your coreligionists while knowing that you can't do anything to help them because of ridiculous "terrorist group" legislation.

As I said, you're always angry.

See, you may be able to lose some of that anger and decide to piss or get off the pot. That would start with deciding where your loyalties lie. In a religion or in your country, because that's what's causing you such inner turmoil.

Not being snarky, here, just stating a fact. Personally, I'd pick one or the other because being chronically angry is no way to go through life, for me.

Are there any Muslims who can reconcile this, or is it just you and others who are so pious?

When reading it remember..it doesn't work in order. Whenever something contradictory is written Muslims are expected to take the newer version.

And the newer versions are always the most violent.

However, it's not put together in a way which follows logically...the more peaceful passages may come towards the end. But they are not the most recent, and therefore they are displaced by more recent (but in the book, previous), more violent directives.

You already have your task ahead of you -- prove that Shah Waliullah and As-Suyuti are incorrect.

Sissy .Not anger is the word you were looking for to describe yourself. Kalam the Sissy.
Nidal Malik Hasan found a way.

You already have your task ahead of you -- prove that Shah Waliullah and As-Suyuti are incorrect.

Let it go punk ,you dont have a thread to hang on and you know it.
Abrogation is proven . You have accepted it. Let it go.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/2702093-post1429.html
mr-fitnah-albums-forum-pics-picture726-naskh.jpg

As I said, you're always angry.

See, you may be able to lose some of that anger and decide to piss or get off the pot. That would start with deciding where your loyalties lie. In a religion or in your country, because that's what's causing you such inner turmoil.

Not being snarky, here, just stating a fact. Personally, I'd pick one or the other because being chronically angry is no way to go through life, for me.

Are there any Muslims who can reconcile this, or is it just you and others who are so pious?

By continuing this discussion, I'll succeed only in building a case against myself. I shouldn't have mentioned it. I have failed and am reminded of that failure every time I hear about more civilians dying in the Caucasus. That is all.

If 2:256 is abrogated, produce a hadith from the Prophet (SAWS) or a reliable sahaba that says as much. No need to get so upset over being incorrect.

If you don't like what the government is doing, write to them and explain why. I am not responsible for the actions of anyone but myself. (I don't know why I have to keep repeating that to people. I guess the concept of personal responsibility has truly died in our culture.)

You want me to rephrase my questions? Are you going to answer tham if I use pretty language?

Simplest one, even if it is from earlier.

Why do you follow a god that is incapable of keeping humans from corrupting his words?

Last edited:
Do you want to prove that Shah Waliullah and As-Suyuti are canonical scripture or carry some enormous intellectual weight
Proceed.
No one gives a shit.

If 2:256 is abrogated, produce a hadith from the Prophet (SAWS) or a reliable sahaba that says as much. No need to get so upset over being incorrect.

Do you know what year 2:256 was uttered in?
What is your source?

Forum List

Back