Anyone know what caliber would be referred to as a "9.9"?

...he couldn't hit shit if someone is firing back at him
...marksmanship goes way down in REAL situations
...100 yards with a pistol is a looooong distance

Even just shooting at the range, hitting something that small at 100 yards with a handgun is tough.

I can do it with a big bore revolver, but probably take a few shots to get the range down.
I remember a farmer let me grab his when I was in the desert, I turned around and with one shot nailed my target a mile away ..

Is this when you were there with Blackwater?
he didn't specify ''what'' he grabbed
hahahahhahahah

...he couldn't hit shit if someone is firing back at him
...marksmanship goes way down in REAL situations
...100 yards with a pistol is a looooong distance

Even just shooting at the range, hitting something that small at 100 yards with a handgun is tough.

I can do it with a big bore revolver, but probably take a few shots to get the range down.
we fired as close as 7 yards in the USMC--it's not easy at all

At the range I shoot my .45ACP at 25 yards and consider that a long distance. I have occasionally shot it at 50 yards, but not effectively.

If you set it up to simulate combat, with noise and stress, 7 yards is not easy.
..our pistols' effective ranges were about 50m
..MAXIMUM about 100m

A poster was bragging about his marksmanship and said "I could hit your skull from 100 yard with a 9.9".

I have asked several times what a "9.9" would be. I have been shooting for 50 years or so, and have been a student of firearms for as long. Despite that, I have very little experience with 9mm handguns.

I thought it might be a Tokarev, but he hasn't answered.

Any ideas?
The old .358 Remington or Winchester are also called a 9.9, it is also known as 9x49mm Browning and 9mm Don Gonzalo.
Apparently it's the only .35 that's still in production, it was introduced in 1909.

Ok, that I did not know. Good info. Thanks.

Marlin stopped producing the .35 Marlin? I shot one of those when I was a teenager. I thought it would make a decent brush gun for deer. Like a 30-30.
Oh and the Marlin and Remington 336s weren't the only ones to fire that round. The Remington models 8 and 81 also used those rounds.

Model 8

2.jpg

Model 81
100557344_2628_AE80F353EADDE702.jpg

Buckshot Wilson also did a police conversion of the Model 8s to a 15 round magazine.
Remington-Model-8-2.jpg

Some people get it some people don’t

ANYONE who has shot a 9mm understands they are a close range weapon. A .45 ACP has about double the range, but I wouldn't want to hang my life on it past maybe 75 FEET (25 yards). Revolvers do better, I have a S&W Highway Patrolman that is spot on at 50 yards shooting .38 sp. (I suck with .357) Someone really good could probably hit at 100 yards with a .44 mag/.45 Long Colt with an 8" barrel.

EDIT: I can nail 100 yards 100% of the time with my Thompson Center using .22 LR, as long as there is no wind, but that is a precision match pistol with elevation sights.

Last edited:

ANYONE who has shot a 9mm understands they are a close range weapon. A .45 ACP has about double the range, but I wouldn't want to hang my life on it past maybe 75 FEET (25 yards). Revolvers do better, I have a S&W Highway Patrolman that is spot on at 50 yards shooting .38 sp. (I suck with .357) Someone really good could probably hit at 100 yards with a .44 mag/.45 Long Colt with an 8" barrel.
I was called to be i A tv show cause the stores got out how good I was
American Rifleman

I was called to be i A tv show cause the stores got out how good I was
American Rifleman

I'm sure we are all very impressed.

I missed the video of you hitting a 5" target from a hundred yards with a .9mm handgun, though?

A poster was bragging about his marksmanship and said "I could hit your skull from 100 yard with a 9.9".

I have asked several times what a "9.9" would be. I have been shooting for 50 years or so, and have been a student of firearms for as long. Despite that, I have very little experience with 9mm handguns.

Any ideas?
The old .358 Remington or Winchester are also called a 9.9, it is also known as 9x49mm Browning and 9mm Don Gonzalo.
Apparently it's the only .35 that's still in production, it was introduced in 1909.

Marlin stopped producing the .35 Marlin? I shot one of those when I was a teenager. I thought it would make a decent brush gun for deer. Like a 30-30.
Oh and the Marlin and Remington 336s weren't the only ones to fire that round. The Remington models 8 and 81 also used those rounds.

Model 8

2.jpg

Model 81

Buckshot Wilson also did a police conversion of the Model 8s to a 15 round magazine.
Remington-Model-8-2.jpg
Is it just me, or is that rifle hideously ugly?

Any ideas?

Model 8

2.jpg

Model 81

Remington-Model-8-2.jpg

I kind of like it. Reminds me of the BAR.

iu

Any ideas?

Model 8

2.jpg

Model 81

Remington-Model-8-2.jpg

I kind of like it. Reminds me of the BAR.

iu
Naw, the B.A.R. exudes mass and firepower. The other one exudes lack of inspiration.

My dad could regularly shoot 95% with his service .38 at shooting range distance.
With my old .357, that was a very accurate piece, hitting a man-sized target at 100 yards is thinkable. The head, maybe eventually.
Under fire?
No comment.

Any ideas?
/----/ Man this is odd. I just started watching NCIS for the first time starting with season 1 back in 2004. Anyway, on the episode I watched last night, the sniper picking off Marines used a 9.9, and I hadn't heard of it either. Now you mention it.
MARLIN 9.9MM (R25575)
Marlin 9 9mm caliber rifle. Popular 9mm carbine uses S&W magazines.
MV5BMjIxMzcxNTUzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTYwMDk0MjE@._V1_UX224_CR0,0,224,126_AL_.jpg

S1, Ep14
17 Feb. 2004
The Good Samaritan
A Navy dentist from a Naval air station dies of a single shot to his back, apparently in an execution-style murder; the NCIS investigates. Two more men from the same Naval air station soon die identically. Gibbs and company figure it out.

Any ideas?
/----/ Man this is odd. I just started watching NCIS for the first time starting with season 1 back in 2004. Anyway, on the episode I watched last night, the sniper picking off Marines used a 9.9, and I hadn't heard of it either. Now you mention it.
MARLIN 9.9MM (R25575)
MV5BMjIxMzcxNTUzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTYwMDk0MjE@._V1_UX224_CR0,0,224,126_AL_.jpg

S1, Ep14
17 Feb. 2004
The Good Samaritan
A Navy dentist from a Naval air station dies of a single shot to his back, apparently in an execution-style murder; the NCIS investigates. Two more men from the same Naval air station soon die identically. Gibbs and company figure it out.
I been giving WinterBorn a education for years

Any ideas?
MARLIN 9.9MM (R25575)

S1, Ep14
17 Feb. 2004
The Good Samaritan

Funny, but you refused to answer my question about the "9.9". And then you said it was some round the farmers on the Afghan border used.

No, you have not educated me on anything but the level of lies you are willing to tell and the lack of education you possess.

Any ideas?
MARLIN 9.9MM (R25575)

S1, Ep14
17 Feb. 2004
The Good Samaritan

Funny, but you refused to answer my question about the "9.9". And then you said it was some round the farmers on the Afghan border used.

No, you have not educated me on anything but the level of lies you are willing to tell and the lack of education you possess.
Did you read the link? You are slow

Forum List

Back