Anyone know the going rate for leasing tower space?

Mini 14

Jun 6, 2010
I've got a guy bugging the hell out of me to put up a tower for a radio station. I assume it will require guys as he is wanting a full acre.

Anyone familiar with rates in the Southeast, and common practice for reserving some tower space for my personal/future use or lease to other entities?

I've got a guy bugging the hell out of me to put up a tower for a radio station. I assume it will require guys as he is wanting a full acre.

Anyone familiar with rates in the Southeast, and common practice for reserving some tower space for my personal/future use or lease to other entities?

Gotta start with the FCC license.

and here i thought you were asking because you were going to start shooting at people from the top of the tower. :D

and here i thought you were asking because you were going to start shooting at people from the top of the tower. :D

ouch....best post of the day......best :lol:

a buddy has a cell phone tower on his land...does take up a bit of land...he gets 350 a month from it

I would think it would be sweet deal ,All I got it dog walkers making unwanted deposits .

Seems like $500/month and a percentage of anything else he hangs off of it is the going rate now.

I may do it, may not. He seems like a nice, hard-working guy, but I keep thinking of my G-G-G Grandfather, and what he would say if he walked out of the house he bought in 1870 and saw a 200ft radio tower?

We'll see.

a buddy has a cell phone tower on his land...does take up a bit of land...he gets 350 a month from it

thanks. i couldn't resist :D

i don't know if people here get paid for cell towers. they must, but i have no idea.

i don't know if people here get paid for cell towers. they must, but i have no idea.

cell sites are valued as a function of how much traffic they handle and how much area they can cover. there's a restaurant on staten island that makes about $25K from cells. a church in my town makes about $6K. if you're out in a rural area, you'd probably get $500-1000/carrier. ball park

cell sites are valued as a function of how much traffic they handle and how much area they can cover. there's a restaurant on staten island that makes about $25K from cells. a church in my town makes about $6K. if you're out in a rural area, you'd probably get $500-1000/carrier. ball park

i guess if you don't mind living with the electromagnetic fields and radiation, it can be good money.

Seems like $500/month and a percentage of anything else he hangs off of it is the going rate now.

I may do it, may not. He seems like a nice, hard-working guy, but I keep thinking of my G-G-G Grandfather, and what he would say if he walked out of the house he bought in 1870 and saw a 200ft radio tower?

We'll see.

Depends, if he was a liberal he would tax it a conservative he would try to breed it and start a herd.

Are you talking leasing space on an existing or are they wanting to construct a new one?

i guess if you don't mind living with the electromagnetic fields and radiation, it can be good money.

you've got more EM coming off power lines than anything you're going to get off cell/microwave at 850 MHz and above. i wouldn't stick my head up next to the antenna for extended periods of time, but it's pretty safe as far as we know. that could change as more research is done, but it's too late for me anyway :D

We'll see.

In a large metropolotian city cell tower rates run over $1,000 a month.

Here is a website that will help. Steel in the Air Inc. They have data on 165,000 tower sites.

You may want them to put up a deposit in case they go bankrupt & you are stuck with a tower that you have to take down.

Last edited:

Are you talking leasing space on an existing or are they wanting to construct a new one?

He's wanting to put up a new one. It doesn't look like we're going to do a deal though. He was wanting to buy an acre, and I am not willing to sell. I offered to explore a lease, but he doesn't seem interested in that, so I imagine he'll be back, someday. When the rate will be $1500/month :)

Forum List

Back