Anyone know how to get rid of this annoying pop up? Every time I log on and go to a thread I get it.

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
IMG_0337.PNG
it only happens on my iPhone 7 Plus. I have the pop up blocker set. Thanks.

Beat that fuckin phone with a hammer!
That's the extent of my tech know how.

I can only tell you I get more intrusions and crap playing on this site than any other I have ever been on, especially if you click on any of the ads below. Probably why I limit my exposure to social media. And I've tried two different browsers. One browser often warns me the site is not set up property and isn't secure and blocks it from loading to protect me. I get sudden voices, noises and audio playing out of nowhere that I have to try to seek out the source to stop. I get pop ups in the background. Slow downs, at one point for a while it barely loaded and ran, but I think the internet was under cyberattack at the time. My hard drives often seem like they are loading way too much background crap. I've considered donating to the site in the future to help out with the cost of operating it, but with such problems, a seeming lack of adequate filtration against malware and things, not only am I getting leery of investing, it makes me wonder sometimes if I even want to log on. It seems to attack Firefox worse than it does Safari. The only thing I can suggest CB2429 is to look into a more aggressive adblocker. Mozilla is advertising a new one to stop all ads from running; my guess is they are the ones creating the ads to begin with. :D I just hope management soon finds a solution to some of this in the future.

I can only tell you I get more intrusions and crap playing on this site than any other I have ever been on, especially if you click on any of the ads below. Probably why I limit my exposure to social media. And I've tried two different browsers. One browser often warns me the site is not set up property and isn't secure and blocks it from loading to protect me. I get sudden voices, noises and audio playing out of nowhere that I have to try to seek out the source to stop. I get pop ups in the background. Slow downs, at one point for a while it barely loaded and ran, but I think the internet was under cyberattack at the time. My hard drives often seem like they are loading way too much background crap. I've considered donating to the site in the future to help out with the cost of operating it, but with such problems, a seeming lack of adequate filtration against malware and things, not only am I getting leery of investing, it makes me wonder sometimes if I even want to log on. It seems to attack Firefox worse than it does Safari. The only thing I can suggest CB2429 is to look into a more aggressive adblocker. Mozilla is advertising a new one to stop all ads from running; my guess is they are the ones creating the ads to begin with. :D I just hope management soon finds a solution to some of this in the future.

I have Firefox, running APB and NoScripts...those two together pretty much stop anything.
NS takes a bit to get "tuned in" to allow trusted sites etc. But well worth it.

Yep it's back. Turn off java under safari advanced settings. It will block it. Just limits some of what you can do here.

I used to feel the same until I was forced to use one, now can't live without 'em. This is the first and only annoyance I've had with them. Much less than with any other maker.
View attachment 140460 it only happens on my iPhone 7 Plus. I have the pop up blocker set. Thanks.
See what happens when you buy status instead of a real phone........ :eusa_whistle:
/---/ but but but all the cool kids have an iPhone.
I have no clue. I do however refuse to own anything Apple..........

Yep it's back. Turn off java under safari advanced settings. It will block it. Just limits some of what you can do here.

Java is under the Security Tab. We shall see.

Yep, apparently a lot of this site runs on Java Script. Java is a very old language chock full of vulnerabilities. Disabling it definitely stops a ton of stuff, including many needed functions like uploading attachments. Firefox doesn't offer the same flexibility.

If I am to run Safari for this site, I guess I will just have to leave Preferences open to enable and disable Java as needed, refreshing the page each time to reflect the needed functions. Or leave Java in until stuff gets so out of hand I get tired of it.

Good catch, depotoo.

I used to feel the same until I was forced to use one, now can't live without 'em. This is the first and only annoyance I've had with them. Much less than with any other maker.
View attachment 140460 it only happens on my iPhone 7 Plus. I have the pop up blocker set. Thanks.
See what happens when you buy status instead of a real phone........ :eusa_whistle:
/---/ but but but all the cool kids have an iPhone.
I have no clue. I do however refuse to own anything Apple..........
I have a Driod Moto Z and hardly use any of the features, I hate small screens and that one is huge for cell phones. I also refuse to use Apple for a variety of reasons but my reasons are mine and if anyone else is happy with their Apple product then more power to them. As for my initial joke, it was a joke as I could care less what anyone else uses but the friendly banter over favorites is fun....... :D

Both iPhone and iPad here. Driving me nuts. Downloaded adblockplus, still can't use JavaScript. It is so annoying. I wonder how many people are just staying away when this happens. Don't like not having the features that JavaScript does enable. Happened awhile back here and it finally stopped. Now it is back. Grrr.
That was happening on my I Pad all morning

Forum List

Back