Anyone Know How to Get a Song From a Website?

For your future ease of stealing audio off videos, get yourself a free program called "Audacity" and you can record any sound you can get your computer to make. Including your own voice, if you have a mic!

For your future ease of stealing audio off videos, get yourself a free program called "Audacity" and you can record any sound you can get your computer to make. Including your own voice, if you have a mic!

Wasn't trying to steal anything. I've looked all over to buy it but can't because they don't have it for sale. That's the reason I was asking if there was a way to pull it.

eta: is it stealing? I've listened to it on the computer several times and just wanted to be able to listen to it elsewhere. Hmmm . . . .

Last edited:

Wasn't trying to steal anything. I've looked all over to buy it but can't because they don't have it for sale. That's the reason I was asking if there was a way to pull it.

eta: is it stealing? I've listened to it on the computer several times and just wanted to be able to listen to it elsewhere. Hmmm . . . .
No, it's not "stealing" and I would never think or suggest that you would steal. It was just a throwaway term.

Glad you liked the recording! It's iPod friendly, should load right up!

No, it's not "stealing" and I would never think or suggest that you would steal. It was just a throwaway term.

It did! All I had to do was click 'file' and 'save page as' and there she was. Thank you again, MM. :) :)

I wish they had put it up as something you could purchase but I don't even see a store on that shows website.

It did! All I had to do was click 'file' and 'save page as' and there she was. Thank you again, MM. :) :)

I wish they had put it up as something you could purchase but I don't even see a store on that shows website.
I could have dug into the page html code and found the video file... But then I would have the video, no good for ya. So I just literally played the video and recorded the audio! Then gave it a little doctoring.

Here's a little video that shows how I work, the day I digitally enhanced, re-arranged and remastered the "Theme from Shaft" by Isaac Hayes, for its 40th anniversary. I gave it the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound treatment too.

mp3 file for your iPod here:

http://eipnetworks.com/shaft.mp3

Good to have for a road trip, riding your bike, hiking, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

I could have dug into the page html code and found the video file... But then I would have the video, no good for ya. So I just literally played the video and recorded the audio! Then gave it a little doctoring.

Here's a little video that shows how I work, the day I digitally enhanced, re-arranged and remastered the "Theme from Shaft" by Isaac Hayes, for its 40th anniversary. I gave it the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound treatment too.

OMG!! You're your own studio! Cripes, this is so far beyond me . . .

I like how you pulled the end into the middle of the song then extended it all. Excellent!

Shaft . . . I remember watching the original show as a kid. Richard Roundtree, Moses Gunn (who reminds me of Roscoe Lee Brown).

I like how you pulled the end into the middle of the song then extended it all. Excellent!

Shaft . . . I remember watching the original show as a kid. Richard Roundtree, Moses Gunn (who reminds me of Roscoe Lee Brown).
You'll dig my version of the Hawaii Five-0 theme. It's almost all MIDI and synth, only real instruments are some of the drums and bongos.

My Star Trek movie trailer version here:

mp3 for iPod:

http://eipnetworks.com/h50.mp3

^^^ Excellent.

My brother (who has been sucked into the internet vortex because just got a new computer and dsl - yes, he was using dial-up on an old computer) found this one.

Not willing to let it rest, I did Dallas too. Listen for the late Jerry Goldsmith's "Klingon Theme" worked in, when Worf is introduced:

Run Firefox.
Open TOOLS extentions and get DownloadHelper.
When you get on a site you'll see the icon spinning. Click it. It gives you options to save or save and convert to several formats.
For instance. A flash YouTube movie can be saves as .mpeg, MP4, FLV etc. OR. As Mp3 so you only get the sound track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wAiBm_H5OE

You'll dig my version of the Hawaii Five-0 theme. It's almost all MIDI and synth, only real instruments are some of the drums and bongos.

My Star Trek movie trailer version here:

mp3 for iPod:

http://eipnetworks.com/h50.mp3

I knew the guy who wrote that song.

Forum List

Back