Anyone interested in digital camera?

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I just bought a new one today. I got a Kodak DX7590, 5 megapixels w/256MB card. This one has an optical zoom and a much faster shutter speed. It also comes with a dock - you just place the camera on the dock and press a button and it automatically downloads the pics to your machine.

So I really don't have a need for my old camera. It's a Sony Cybershot DSC-P71. It's 3.2 megapixels and has a 128MB Sony memory stick. Just attach camera to pc via included USB cable and browse the pics on the camera like a hard drive. Just copy and paste! Takes a great picture, from 2048x1536 - 640x480. Use either the LCD display to take pics or the viewfinder. I paid $350 for this one about a year ago.

Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours. Here's a few pics:

Attachments

• $cam1.jpg
    $cam1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 116
  • $cam2.jpg
    $cam2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 115
jimnyc said:
I just bought a new one today. I got a Kodak DX7590, 5 megapixels w/256MB card. This one has an optical zoom and a much faster shutter speed. It also comes with a dock - you just place the camera on the dock and press a button and it automatically downloads the pics to your machine.

So I really don't have a need for my old camera. It's a Sony Cybershot DSC-P71. It's 3.2 megapixels and has a 128MB Sony memory stick. Just attach camera to pc via included USB cable and browse the pics on the camera like a hard drive. Just copy and paste! Takes a great picture, from 2048x1536 - 640x480. Use either the LCD display to take pics or the viewfinder. I paid $350 for this one about a year ago.

How about send it to me for free cause I'm so good at making liberals suffer??? That's a reaaaal reasonable offer. :D

Name your price Precious, Mommy has some money now (for a couple of weeks anyhow)

3.2 megapixals...... don't they have like 5.2 now. Is there really a difference in the quality of the pic. We have an old one but my daughter wants a new one for Christmas. I looked at a 3.2 HP with the docking station and the printer that prints 8.5" pictures as well as the small ones. They wanted $199.00 for all but the camera is a 3.2 pix ...... should I spring for the 5.2 and drop the printer or get all for less money?

How much you want for the camera? The check is in the mail. ;)

pretender said:
3.2 megapixals...... don't they have like 5.2 now. Is there really a difference in the quality of the pic. We have an old one but my daughter wants a new one for Christmas. I looked at a 3.2 HP with the docking station and the printer that prints 8.5" pictures as well as the small ones. They wanted $199.00 for all but the camera is a 3.2 pix ...... should I spring for the 5.2 and drop the printer or get all for less money?

How much you want for the camera? The check is in the mail. ;)

A 3.2 with a dock AND camera printer is an excellent deal! If you aren't going to do a lot of printing you may want to go with the 5.2 and get higher resolution pictures.

But is there really a LOT of difference in the resolution from the 3.2 to the 5.2? I am going to buy one..... it is a given and if you have experience could you pass that experience on to me. I am a novice. I seriously would love some input and recommendations.

Unless you are going to print 8x10 pictures, you will hardly notice the difference. 3.2 is good up to 5x7 and that is normally the largest the average person prints. I make slide shows with my 4.2 and on the computer you will not see the difference with 5.2. The higher the resolution the bigger the card you need and you will kill the batteries faster. The lens is probably more important then the resolution.

Jack said:
Unless you are going to print 8x10 pictures, you will hardly notice the difference. 3.2 is good up to 5x7 and that is normally the largest the average person prints. I make slide shows with my 4.2 and on the computer you will not see the difference with 5.2. The higher the resolution the bigger the card you need and you will kill the batteries faster. The lens is probably more important then the resolution.

Thanks Jack
Talking to a sales rep about this stuff is so frustrating. They always try to sell you the most expensive not the best. So I'll concentrate on the lens not the resolution. Zoom is important too.

jimnyc said:

How about just be a nice little Brother and have that wrapped up and under my tree!

Sir Evil said:
You can check online for camera review forums to make comparison in your price range! Otherwise ask Jack and he can tell ya about the right ones in a particualr price range!

When we talk of optics here are we speaking of a "fast lens" with zoom capability ?

just to illustrate MP vs Optics, etc...

My 3.2MP Canon takes MUCH cleaner, sharper, more-true-to-life images than a friends 6MP Fuji.

The Fuji allows for physcially 'larger' images, but really, who needs to view their pics at 4048 x 3040?

When I had my 2MP fuji, I'd take the pics at 1600x1200 - but never 'show' them larger than 800x600, or one could see the 'graininess'.

Sir Evil said:
You can check online for camera review forums to make comparison in your price range!

I did just that and came up with some good reviews and some bad. The one I was looking at seems to be on the fair list..... oops./... But I did find one within my price range that got a good review. And it is available at a local store so.... shopping I go. Thanks!!!!!

Forum List

Back