Anyone Here Write Business Plans For a Living?

Yes, they are finished on the inside. Do you think they are just metal box with a less than an inch of metal between the inside and the outside?

Just take the time and Google Shipping Container homes and look at pictures and stuff yourself. That will answer all the question you are asking me in no time.

Show us the address of subdivisions where they are installed.

Another article for you.

"Shearer says a container home costs about half of that. "We're going to be just around the $20,000 to maybe $23,000 range.""

Shipping containers to find new life housing Kentucky families

And this is from 2014, they are cheaper to build now.

Here is a page of images of container homes.
shipping container homes - Google Search
For certain areas they can be very popular for certain purposes. And it is amazing what can be done with them. They are popular as guest homes, second homes, etc.
I agree, lot's will need to be done. But there are shows today that show what it entails, so I doubt he is blind to the challenges he faces.
And please, explain to me why a model home on developed land would not be resalable.

it would be but not easily. As I said banks appraisers insurance companies mortgage companies( all involved in sale) like standard things they know all about. A metal box home does not conform so most would stay far away.

Also it seems to me the most important skill to have is in building and design so your customers can buy a home with a final price from you rather than a metal box.

Hey dude, a single side and double wide trailer is nothing but a metal box that is just less sturdy than a shipping container home...
wrong, a trailer comes with bathroom hookups kitchens and is a known commodity to cities, banks, insurance companies, appraisers, designers , builders etc. Do you understand?

Will your business be selling metal boxes or complete homes?? Are you an expert on foundations?

Last edited:
You will need something to deflect the heat from the sun.
Good luck to you.
Here are a couple of articles, if you haven't seen them to help you to keep from making some of these owners mistakes. If you have the will, and approach it smartly, I am sure you will do well.
23 Shipping Container Home Owners Speak Out: “What I Wish I’d Known Before Building My Shipping Container Home” | Container Home Plans
11 Tips You Need To Know Before Building A Shipping Container Home
What's wrong with shipping container housing? One architect says "everything."

even build gardens on the roof and place their solar panels there. :rolleyes:

dirt and water on metal roof would rust through in 3 years or less. you'd need a protective layer. ineffect you'd need a roof

Of course they put something down on the roof for the garden, but the fact remains, they don't have to put a pitched roof on the shipping containers... that's the whole point.

Look at this single wide trailer, they liter the countryside in Kentucky, look at how flat the roof is.

cream_white_small.jpg
Trailer-2.jpg

Now tell me how they are any different?

They can be a good solution in rural areas. And habitat for humanity has built some.
Shipping containers: A new Kentucky home?
And they can be made affordable.
Shipping containers to become affordable housing on Lexington’s north side
The Closing Bell: Shipping container homes planned for Germantown area, RowdMap partners with national mag, Papa John's apologizes for Stalin debacle, and more - Insider Louisville

Also, there have been some amazing ones done, considering what they are from-
container-15.jpg

In Quebec, from 7 containers.

They aren't going to be just the shipping containers.

so what are they going to be???

shipping-container-homes14.jpg
Poteet+Architects+Container+Guest+House+%25285%2529.jpg
shipping-container-tiny-home.jpg

Just a few examples... they have all the amenities just like any other home.

No subdivision is going to allow those. Mobile home parks for permanent residences probably will not either. You'll have to find a secluded piece of land and develop it from the ground up.

I'm starting to get more serious about my shipping container home business, and in order to get the funding with a business loan I'm going to need a good business plan. I'm just curious if anyone here writes business plans for a living, or if anyone knows a good places I can get one written for a fair price.
Just saw this...is it your doing?

I'm starting to get more serious about my shipping container home business, and in order to get the funding with a business loan I'm going to need a good business plan. I'm just curious if anyone here writes business plans for a living, or if anyone knows a good places I can get one written for a fair price.

Not me, but it is a good illustration of just how much room a person can really have in a shipping container home and that they can be made to look inside just like a regular living space.

there are some nice ones

I seen one that was 7 or 8 containers put together

I wrote my own when I started a shop. I used the local university as a resource. I also had one written for me in the late 1980's. I think it cost about 6 grand at that time.

Mark

wow definitely not cheap, especially when a business loan isn't a guaranteed thing.

can you get any private financing

there are sites for writing your own

Business Plans For Dummies Cheat Sheet - dummies

Well I don't have top notch credit in the time being and I'm a full-time college student at the moment so I'd probably have to have an out-of-this-world business plan to impress a bank to give me a business loan, and that's the problem. Not to mention I don't have family to really back me up and help financially like a lot of people who become business owners do.

I wrote my own when I started a shop. I used the local university as a resource. I also had one written for me in the late 1980's. I think it cost about 6 grand at that time.

Mark

wow definitely not cheap, especially when a business loan isn't a guaranteed thing.

Well I don't have top notch credit in the time being and I'm a full-time college student at the moment so I'd probably have to have an out-of-this-world business plan to impress a bank to give me a business loan, and that's the problem. Not to mention I don't have family to really back me up and help financially like a lot of people who become business owners do.
Under-capitalization is a major problem and a major "headache" in operations.

Why not, focus on business planning, to get a better idea of costs, materials, techniques, and any new technologies that can lower your costs or improve your product.

Mark

there are investors outside of banks

that may be interested

will the business have hard assets

that bankers might take into account

you use as security

or co signers

if you believe in your business and yourself

you will find a way

one of my first businesses as an adult

was a home health care

I started it out on five hundred bucks

and a bank that promised to cover the

first 30 days of payroll

Not me, but it is a good illustration of just how much room a person can really have in a shipping container home and that they can be made to look inside just like a regular living space.

Interesting...

Shipping container projects spread out in Detroit

Interesting...

they have been turned into offices out here at gravel pits and grain elevators

for some time now

works really well

Interesting...

Yeah I really think they are going to catch on, just like they did in Europe. It's just how things work in the United States, trends catch on in Europe first and eventually travel overseas.

New Topics

Forum List

Back