Anyone Here Only Use ROKU?

I use Roku mostly. Netflix, Amazon Prime and SlingTV creates an excellent alternative to cable.

I initially signed up for SlingTV and thought I'd run it through my HTPC, but it sucked, nearly ditched it until I tried it through the Roku. Still takes some time to get used to the quirks, but the wife and I use it a lot now. They seem to be improving daily.

Netflix is our next favorite. Love the series they run

OTA antenna has been great for local news and sports.

Overall, Roku/sling has made being a none cable subscriber pretty darn easy.

Looking forward to more sling like services popping up.

I have a Roku stick and a Android box with Kodi. The Roku is wifi and does HD like right now. But I am on an optical service, although the slowest high speed.

I use Roku mostly. Netflix, Amazon Prime and SlingTV creates an excellent alternative to cable.

I initially signed up for SlingTV and thought I'd run it through my HTPC, but it sucked, nearly ditched it until I tried it through the Roku. Still takes some time to get used to the quirks, but the wife and I use it a lot now. They seem to be improving daily.

Netflix is our next favorite. Love the series they run

OTA antenna has been great for local news and sports.

Overall, Roku/sling has made being a none cable subscriber pretty darn easy.

Looking forward to more sling like services popping up.

I watch a lot of sling. Next is Netflix. Both make Roku worthwhile.

What is sling?

I have been thking about getting a roku but haven't yet. I keep the cable because I love watching some tv shows like Game of Thrones, Survivor, etc...and Netflix does not have them. I wish HBO had not dumped Netfix.

How much is it per month?

I wish I could dump 200 channels and just get the ones I watch.

How much is it per month?

I wish I could dump 200 channels and just get the ones I watch.

For the basic 21 channels its $20.00. HBO is offered as an add on for $15 a month. No contracts, month to month. For survivor, if possible, a decent TV antenna can be bought for 35.

Hope this helps.

SlingTV does a one week free deal.

Sling TV cost $20.00 a month or about a buck a channel. Roku offers a lot streaming services, some for pay, some for free. Hulu is great service with all different channels and shows. Acorn is great if you fan of the British Mystery TV.

Just remember there can be a bit of a learning curve with Roku, mainly when moving through channel selections. In the long run it is a good deal.

Roku can either be plugged in to your computer via HDMI or you can use WiFi.

I much prefer RoKu over cable and would never go back.

Forum List

Back