Anyone here NOT believe that the brain is genetically controlled like any other organ

IanC

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2009
Thousands of studies have shown that brain size shape and function are under heavy genetic control. Not only that, but recent studies have shown that numerous genes have undergone significant selection pressure in just the last 5-10 thousand years, including ones that affect the brain. We are still evolving.
Why do people deny race, which is simply continental genetic clusters? Or that different races have brains that have evolved different size shape and function? Surely it would be unlikely that brains would be the only organ to evolve exactly the same all over the world?
Once differences in brain structure and function are accepted to some degree then it is much easier to explain the disparities in social functioning between the races.
I'm sure I will be called a racist for this but Occam's Razor demands that simple and factually confirmed reasoning be fully examined. I will be more than happy to bring citations to refute any logically argued differences of opinion.

choose a specific area, explain your opinion, and I will respond.

choose a specific area, explain your opinion, and I will respond.
You seem convinced that race plays a role in brain function. If that is correct, please provide whatever it is that proves this to your satisfaction.

individuals are easily differentiated into their continental cluster groups (races) or admixtures by genetic marker testing. general testing of these groups has shown differences in many areas. racial brain differences include average size, average shape, average glucose metabolism, etc.

individuals are easily differentiated into their continental cluster groups (races) or admixtures by genetic marker testing. general testing of these groups has shown differences in many areas. racial brain differences include average size, average shape, average glucose metabolism, etc.
So, Ravi is asking for sources from you to support those differences in the brain that you claim exist. Let's see the studies.

please put down your opinion first. and ask for a specific citation. which of my claims do you think need clarification and why. they seem to be reasonable and obviously supportable, at least to me. do you have some proof that they are not?

please put down your opinion first. and ask for a specific citation. which of my claims do you think need clarification and why. they seem to be reasonable and obviously supportable, at least to me. do you have some proof that they are not?
That's not the way it works among honest brokers in discussion. Your claim, you support it. Until then, your claim is just cheap talk and insignificant to me.

They are asking you to provide some of those "thousands of studies" to back up your initial statement. It is akin to saying, "Poor people and rich people do not mix" or "Your kind does not belong with their kind" without any proof to back that statement up.

That's not the way it works among honest brokers in discussion. Your claim, you support it. Until then, your claim is just cheap talk and insignificant to me.

I am willing to support my statements but I want to here something from you first. Why should I go through the work if you dont care and aren't even willing to specify what you disagree with? What part of my obviously general statements do you think I would have a problem supporting?

I am willing to support my statements but I want to here something from you first. Why should I go through the work if you dont care and aren't even willing to specify what you disagree with? What part of my obviously general statements do you think I would have a problem supporting?
That's not the way it works among those interested in an honest discussion. Not providing at least one supporting source can be an innocent oversight, but with your continued resistance to providing even just one of those "thousands of studies", it is quite the announcement by you that you haven't any interest in an honest discussion. Why would anyone engage one who has no intention of being honest in a discussion?

You want my opinion? I don't think you even have one relevant study to support your claim of racial differences in the brain.

Last edited:
I'll take that as, "I can't," good job! :clap2:

hmmm, honest discussion. Actually that is what I'm looking for. Why dont you say something like, " I don't believe there is any evidence that brain size is under genetic control". So far no one has responded to any of my statements. For all I can tell you may completely agree with me.

hmmm, honest discussion. Actually that is what I'm looking for. Why dont you say something like, " I don't believe there is any evidence that brain size is under genetic control". So far no one has responded to any of my statements. For all I can tell you may completely agree with me.
Ummm, that's exactly what I am saying. I don't believe you have even ONE relevant study.

Surely you can rebut that.

It could possibly be genetics play a role in intelligence. Then again there are millions of factors that determine actual intelligence of a brain. An aunt of mine had an IQ of 187. One would have never guessed it back in the days she was living out of her car though. Circumstances determine much of what any human or animal is capable of learning.

Thousands of studies have shown that brain size shape and function are under heavy genetic control. Not only that, but recent studies have shown that numerous genes have undergone significant selection pressure in just the last 5-10 thousand years, including ones that affect the brain. We are still evolving.
Why do people deny race, which is simply continental genetic clusters? Or that different races have brains that have evolved different size shape and function? Surely it would be unlikely that brains would be the only organ to evolve exactly the same all over the world?
Once differences in brain structure and function are accepted to some degree then it is much easier to explain the disparities in social functioning between the races.
I'm sure I will be called a racist for this but Occam's Razor demands that simple and factually confirmed reasoning be fully examined. I will be more than happy to bring citations to refute any logically argued differences of opinion.

You're theory goes right out the window when you realize that the idea of race being nice neat packages is a social construct only.

Why don't you first prove that brain size in humans determines intelligence and we'll go on from there.

Great, another debate retard.

You make the claims, back them up. It's not our job to sift through your bullshit and make things easy for you. If you aren't interested in backing it all up, then narrow your claims to something you can handle.

You're theory goes right out the window when you realize that the idea of race being nice neat packages is a social construct only.

I guess this is as close to an opposing argument as I am going to get. You seem to think race is only a social construct. That seems very odd to me when the vast majority of people are instantly recognizible as one of the five main races and usually even finer distinctions can be made. Anthropologists can identify a skeleton's race. Geneticists can identify without ever seeing the person, just from a small piece of tissue.

I guess this is as close to an opposing argument as I am going to get. You seem to think race is only a social construct. That seems very odd to me when the vast majority of people are instantly recognizible as one of the five main races and usually even finer distinctions can be made. Anthropologists can identify a skeleton's race. Geneticists can identify without ever seeing the person, just from a small piece of tissue.

Then prove it or STFU.

Forum List

Back