Anyone here like modern day hard rock?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Both my girls grew up listening to it. Some of it I hated, some of it grew on me.

Anyhow tomorrow my girls and I are going to Rockfest here in KC. Will be a sea of rowdy teens, cops and a few parents. 55 thousand tix sold. Sadly I have to go at noon cause they like the unheard of bands and the ones I like don't come on till about 7pm.

Slash, Shindown and Five Finger Death Punch are all I'm really interested in so its gonna be a long day.

What do you consider hard rock these days? And btw how was the concert?

Zombie, Disturbed, FFDP etc....

It was good but the soundstage quit during Chevelle

My idea of Hard Rock is Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Aerosmith, Foghat, Black Sabbath, Grand Funk Railroad, KISS, Steppenwolf, Van Halen, ZZ Top, Hendrix, Canned Heat, J. Geils Band, Molly Hatchet, Ted Nugent, Judas Priest, Metallica, Anthrax, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Soundgarden, Raw Sewage, Pantera, White Zombie, Korn, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. :eusa_boohoo:

The best rock band in the world is Foo Fighters. Caught them live on their last three tours and cant wait to see them again.

The best rock band in the world is Foo Fighters. Caught them live on their last three tours and cant wait to see them again.

The best live show is Godsmack. See them evwrytime they come to KC. Dueling drums for 30 straight minutes.

YouTube it if you haven't seen it.

saw Foo Fighters at a Tacoma benefit concert in '95 just after they first formed...

several other Seattle-area groups were there (Afghan Wigs, among others), as well as Bjork, who seemed completely out of place...

of them all, this one stood out...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Vq4vpCFos]Sky Cries Mary - Shipwrecked - YouTube[/ame]

Most of what passes for mainstream rock these days I'm not into really. I've apparently reached the age when you lose the sense of what's currently "cool".

Kids these days.

Forum List

Back