Anyone here know how to...

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Nov 27, 2008
In your head
Load MP4s from your PC on to an Ipod?

I figured out that somehow I need to go through Itunes since I have a PC not a mac, but I can't seem to figure out how to take songs from my PC and get them on a playlist for the ipod.

Anyone know how?

(Visuals needed here, I'll pos rep anyone who helps me figure it out 5 straight days, that a lotta rep!)

I figured out that somehow I need to go through Itunes since I have a PC not a mac, but I can't seem to figure out how to take songs from my PC and get them on a playlist for the ipod.

Anyone know how?

(Visuals needed here, I'll pos rep anyone who helps me figure it out 5 straight days, that a lotta rep!)

I'd be more than glad to help you.

However, I first need to find out how to do it myself.

Be right back...

Anyone know how?

Make sure you start with the latest version of itunes. If I haven't used it in awhile, I always download it again.

Just wanted to add a hint. No rep required.

Xeno, DO NOT use the latest version of iTunes. The latest versions often have bugs in them and a lot of the changes they make often affect something you don't have or need. For instance, they'll tweak an application for iphone but if you just have an ipod you don't need to upgrade to the latest version of iTunes because those changes will not affect you. From personal experience, before you upgrade to the latest verion of iTunes, ALWAYS go to the iTunes discussions and browse around first to see if the latest version is giving people problems.

You don't HAVE to have the latest version unless the changes they've made directly affect whatever ipod or player you have. I really like iTunes . . . . until it gives me problems! We've had libraries lost and ipods not able to sync due to automatically upgrading to the latest version.

We're currently using iTunes version 8.0.2 (released in 6/09). You can find alternate versions of itunes here: Old Version of iTunes Download - OldApps.com

Download iTunes onto your computer.
Add songs to your iTunes library.
Plug in your ipod and it will sync what is in your library onto your ipod.

Once you download iTunes, and before you sync anything, open it up and click on the Help button at the top. Go through it to find out what iTunes can do and how to do it.

Oh and you have to make the playlists in iTunes then when you sync, the playlists will go onto your pod.

Last edited:

Anyone know how?

plug in the usb cable that comes with your ipod into your computer and usually the sync option will come up if not usually the sync option is in the right corner of your itunes page. YOu also might have to approve your computer to work with your ipod.

I actually figured out the problem myself, the ipod I found is first generation and is limited to what it can handle.

I was trying to load MP4 with videos attached, too much for it.

Everyone who posted gets a rep though, just for the hell of it.

The first step is to give your ipod to your kid sister and go buy yourself a zune so that you don't have to leap through a single hoop when trying to load mp3s to your mp3 player without using.. :)lol:) itunes.

Anyone know how?

Depends, what OS and version you have. ;)

But for modern ones, JB is right, just plug it in, drag, and drop.

you need to move the music on your pc into i tunes....there is a transfer button on itunes....then you sync your i pod / i phone...and boomb....

You might have to modify the format of your video to be understood by the iPod.

iPod can play the following video formats:

H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 x 480, 30 frames per sec., Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile audio up to 160 kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

H.264 video, up to 768 kbps, 320 x 240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 x 480, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Just found another cool thing, a free converter for MP4 videos into MP3s, so I can now take stuff from you tube and and play it on my ipod. :lol:

Forum List

Back