Anyone here into metal detecting?

That will get you started with everything you need for now. Later on you may want to consider a small coil. Small coils are good for area's loaded with trash like aluminum foil pull tabs and iron. Read the manual twice then read it again. I would recommend treasurenet.com it's a sister site to this forum or was once. Lots of knowledgeable people there. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We'll help you learn it dude.

I’ve been thinking about restructuring my schedule to include some quiet time away from people. :)

This is the detector I’m currently looking at....
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079Y1YPTK/?tag=ff0d01-20
I have the 600 I metal detect quite abit
If you're not hunting gold I don't see the need for the extra money to put into a 800

Gerry's metal detectors in boise will give a pretty good discount if you're a vet.

The EQ 800 is a beast. They Are working on a smaller coil for it. It’s very sensitive to small gold nuggets. It’s an all around good detector. I have the minelab Etrac. If I we’re in the market for another detector. It would be the EQ 800 or the deus. You will need a good pin pointer like the Garrett pin pointer the orange one. And a leshe digging tool And knee pads. Get ready for one let me know I can hook you up with a good vendor.
Does this look like a good deal?
Minelab EQUINOX 800 Metal Detector Premium Bundle with Pro Find 35, Shovel, and More - Serious Metal Detecting
To me no

Yeah! That big fat old guy at Clearwater Beach, he's always there with a white beanie on, wearing a white Speedo and chomping a cigar as he metal-detects.

I fish for sand dollars. :tomato:

I’ve been thinking about restructuring my schedule to include some quiet time away from people. :)

If you're not hunting gold I don't see the need for the extra money to put into a 800

Gerry's metal detectors in boise will give a pretty good discount if you're a vet.
I considered the 600 before settling on the 800. Both are nice detectors and there wasn’t much difference in price.

After reading and watching several reviews, I decided to get a Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer....

It’ll be a couple of weeks before I have a chance to take these out.

I considered the 600 before settling on the 800. Both are nice detectors and there wasn’t much difference in price.

After reading and watching several reviews, I decided to get a Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer....

I have the fisher f plus it’s pretty good
Not as good as the pistol
But they don’t make them anymore

That will get you started with everything you need for now. Later on you may want to consider a small coil. Small coils are good for area's loaded with trash like aluminum foil pull tabs and iron. Read the manual twice then read it again. I would recommend treasurenet.com it's a sister site to this forum or was once. Lots of knowledgeable people there. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We'll help you learn it dude.
I appreciate the info. I’m sure I’ll be needing it. :)

I’m holding off on the 6” coil until I see a need for it. I’ll be starting out searching woods and fields. The town I live in doesn’t allow searching parks.

I have the fisher f plus it’s pretty good
Not as good as the pistol
But they don’t make them anymore

Was the ‘pistol’ a VLF or pulse pinpointer?

Forum List

Back