Anyone here have prostate cancer?

Have a friend who had stage 4 pancreatic cancer.....a little worse than prostate as he was told to go home and die by 3 different hospitals here in NYC. He heard about a Dr. Gil Lederman (www.rsny.com). Supposedly he had dubious reputation (from what I have been able to find it is mostly other money grubbing doctors bad mouthing him) but he does accept medicare and most insurances and is NON-INVASIVE, anything non-invasive is certainly worth a try. Friend went to see him. It is directed radiation in a special frame they make of his body and shoot thousands of beams from all different angles. Five 10 minutes treatments and walk out of office. No pain, no cutting and they did biopsy on pancreas to make sure he did have cancer and all this done in one day. Anyway after the 5 treatments and being checked every 3 months his pancreatic cancer is basically gone or in remission over 2 years now and still no regeneration. Might be worth your while and be a hell of a lot cheaper than cutting. Friend swears by him and looks real good for supposedly being dead about 2 years ago.....Give him a call or listen to his radio show every midnight EASTERN on WOR radio 710 AM in NY, I catch the show on I heart radio. BTW he treats ALL BODY CANCER FROM HEAD TO FEET!.... Can't hurt to make that call!
Pancreatic is a killer, for sure. Prostate is supposed to be slow growing. I am at the top level for not bad. If that makes sense.
His radio show is on now...listen to him on iheart . I am a firm believer in NOT being opened up if I don't have to, and some of my old friends that get cut doing prostate cancer have to wear diapers and forget about ever getting it up again....You lose that ability hell might as well die!

Surgery is a cure..if the cancer is localized....but the recovery can be brutal. Diapers and no sex.

It "can be" brutal, sure.

But nowadays, they do the robotic surgery with minimal loss of blood and most guys are continent within a
I had prostate cancer three years ago..Stage 2...the tumor had not left the Prostate capsule.

I elected for Gamma Knife Treatment:

Compare CyberKnife & Radiation in Treating Prostate Cancer | Swedish Medical Center Seattle and Issaquah
Compare CyberKnife & Surgery for Prostate Cancer | Swedish Medical Center Seattle and Issaquah

Cure rates are as good as or better than all other treatments...it is comparable to surgical removal without erectile dysfunction or incontinence.

Cancer free as of today.***knock***

BTW this is the place I had my treatment...nice folk.
Good to hear about being free of it.The hospital here has the gamma knife.
If that's an option for you, I'd recommend it. Next best is the traditional beam radiation--but recurrence rates after ten years are higher then the Cyberknife.
Surgery is a cure..if the cancer is localized....but the recovery can be brutal. Diapers and no sex.

Cyberknife is better than the traditional radiation. Takes a lot less time. Traditional radiation is like 40 visits, Cyberknife is done in a week and a half.
I was told radiation= 1 hr. day x 5 day p wk for 2 months.

That's the traditional radiation protocol. The Cyber Knife packs more punch into each treatment and finishes up a lot quicker. There fewer places however who do the Cyber Knife.
Correct....

Been monitoring my little tumor for 2 years. My PSA spiked from 6.2 to 7.1 recently. Waiting for MRI results. Anyone go through radiation treatment? Not worried, just a tad anxious about side affects of treatment and preparing for it, if need be.
A friend of mine had the radioactive seeds implanted into his prostrate instead of typical radiation treatment.

It worked spectacularly for him with very little side effects.

Been monitoring my little tumor for 2 years. My PSA spiked from 6.2 to 7.1 recently. Waiting for MRI results. Anyone go through radiation treatment? Not worried, just a tad anxious about side affects of treatment and preparing for it, if need be.
I had a robotically assisted prostatectomy in 2012. I have my PSA checked yearly for any signs of cancer reappearing. So far, so good. I was considering radiation therapy, but doctor recommended the surgery. Said it would spare the nerves controlling continence and ability to have an erection. The first year was the worst with regard to sex life, but I regained function over time. I had no problems with incontinence other than leaking a few drops of urine. Certainly didn't require diapers or depends. That also got better over time. Good luck to you and hope your treatment choice is successful.

Have a friend who had stage 4 pancreatic cancer.....a little worse than prostate as he was told to go home and die by 3 different hospitals here in NYC. He heard about a Dr. Gil Lederman (www.rsny.com). Supposedly he had dubious reputation (from what I have been able to find it is mostly other money grubbing doctors bad mouthing him) but he does accept medicare and most insurances and is NON-INVASIVE, anything non-invasive is certainly worth a try. Friend went to see him. It is directed radiation in a special frame they make of his body and shoot thousands of beams from all different angles. Five 10 minutes treatments and walk out of office. No pain, no cutting and they did biopsy on pancreas to make sure he did have cancer and all this done in one day. Anyway after the 5 treatments and being checked every 3 months his pancreatic cancer is basically gone or in remission over 2 years now and still no regeneration. Might be worth your while and be a hell of a lot cheaper than cutting. Friend swears by him and looks real good for supposedly being dead about 2 years ago.....Give him a call or listen to his radio show every midnight EASTERN on WOR radio 710 AM in NY, I catch the show on I heart radio. BTW he treats ALL BODY CANCER FROM HEAD TO FEET!.... Can't hurt to make that call!
Pancreatic is a killer, for sure. Prostate is supposed to be slow growing. I am at the top level for not bad. If that makes sense.
His radio show is on now...listen to him on iheart . I am a firm believer in NOT being opened up if I don't have to, and some of my old friends that get cut doing prostate cancer have to wear diapers and forget about ever getting it up again....You lose that ability hell might as well die!
Yep. My Father-In-Law had the old school prostate surgery. Game over in the bedroom. There are other options these days so IMO the knife is the last option.

Yep. My Father-In-Law had the old school prostate surgery. Game over in the bedroom. There are other options these days so IMO the knife is the last option.

Nowadays the surgeons can get good results with the DaVinci brand robot assisting. Its made by Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) and is being updated. Depending on the skill of the surgeon and the extent of the disease, they can often preserve function in guys with prostate cancer. And if they can't, they can give a guy a foot long titanium implant in a separate surgery.

Forum List

Back