Anyone have Noahide / Noachide Questions?

Not according to what you have said. People must interpret it correctly which can only be done by " the keepers of the book ".

Translation: if a person can read the text in the original language - Hebrew - then he/she does not require others to translate it for them.

Interpretation:
(A) Some translations have errors in translation that were effected by the doctrines of their faith, meaning that they have interpreted the passage, instead of simply translating it. For example, a word in a passage of Isaiah that only means "a young woman of marriageable age", but was translated "virgin." If a person could read the Hebrew for themselves, they could see the error.

(B) If I'm not clear how to translate a word / passage, I can ask a rabbi. If I'm not certain how something applies to me, if at all, I can discuss it with a rabbi.

Translation: if a person can read the text in the original language - Hebrew - then he/she does not require others to translate it for them.

Interpretation:
(A) Some translations have errors in translation that were effected by the doctrines of their faith, meaning that they have interpreted the passage, instead of simply translating it. For example, a word in a passage of Isaiah that only means "a young woman of marriageable age", but was translated "virgin." If a person could read the Hebrew for themselves, they could see the error.

(B) If I'm not clear how to translate a word / passage, I can ask a rabbi. If I'm not certain how something applies to me, if at all, I can discuss it with a rabbi.

It's all there in black and white Hebrew--whats cinfusing about it ?

It's all there in black and white Hebrew--whats cinfusing about it ?

I think I answered this in the other thread the "obligations" thing.

These two threads are so similar; I wonder if there is any way of combining these two threads here?

Forum List

Back