Anyone Have Any Veal Recipes?

My grandmother used to wring chickens' necks with her bare hands.

Very humane.

The animal lived a relatively normal life and then, one day, BAM. Dead.

Wouldn't we all like to go like that?

They don't know any better. They are NOT people. They are animals that are born and bred for human consumption. If you were hungry, you would NOT turn up your nose at such food either.

They DO know if they are being tortured and that's what factory farming is - torture that you pay to have done for you.

Do it yourself and see how you feel about it.

I've had veal and it is amazing, but I have not eaten it in decades and never would again. Horrible the way they are raised.

It is, and I've heard the horror stories. I still eat it. I refuse to watch the morbid videos that vegetarians like to post for fear that it would ruin my appetite. Some animals are food. I would also prefer a more humane method of killing them, but they are going to do it in the most efficient and cost effective way I assume. A lot of other methods that might be more humane could also ruin the meat, or some of it anyway. I don't see why they can't at least bonk them on the head first or something. Or maybe they do . . . I don't know.

You say you don't know.
You asssume.
You choose to remain ignorant.
And you still eat it.
You CHOOSE to support absolutely mind numbing cruelty.

Strictly speaking, "some animals" are not food for humans. If you CHOOSE to eat animals, why not DEMAND the animal be raised, transported and slaughtered humanely?

Fact is, if people had to raise and kill every bite of flesh they consume, there would be a lot more vegetarians.

And no, so called "humane veal", also known as "meadow", "free range", "rose" and other adorable names is not humane.

That's right. I will continue to eat meat. My grandparents were both raised on farms, both were/are meat eaters. Yes, there is going to be some cruelty in the world. The way we kill an animal really isn't any more cruel than getting their intestines eaten out by a lion while they're still alive, now is it? It is the food chain, and we are at the top.

Lame excuse.

Non-human animals don't have choices.

We do.

We can choose whether or not to torture an animal.

That is not true. There are PLENTY of people who don't have choices when it comes to their food. Be thankful that you are a rich enough person to be able to choose your diet and don't knock on those who choose differently from you or who don't have any choices.

Animals do not get to choose what they eat. The lion cannot say that eating a still-living gazelle is cruel so he won't do it anymore.

I have fed many live animals to other animals. I didn't make the rules but I do have to abide by them and that means some animals do indeed eat other animals.

But, humans are omnivores and can choose what they eat and how it comes to arrive on their plate.

If you make the choice to eat diseased and drug-laden factory farms animals, then accept that you are also paying people to torture them for their whole lives.

THAT is what factory farming is and if that's okay with you, then own it. Stop trying to pretend its something that its not.

Besides, this thread is about a person asking for a simple recipe and NOT for you crazy vegetarians to start your grandstanding. We meat eaters would as soon shoot you and add you to one of our courses. Lol! You probably all taste like lima beans though.

I didn't bring it up. I simply replied to a post.

No, Chris, you would not be able to shoot your own food. And, if you did, that's just the beginning. You would still have to gut and clean it. I've gutted and cleaned a lot of dead animals and I can tell you its not very enjoyable. How many have to gutted and cleaned?

I've hit a nerve and you don't like it. I understand that and honestly, I'm sorry. But, I a lot sorrier for the BILLIONS of animals tortured and killed for our convenience.

Besides, this thread is about a person asking for a simple recipe and NOT for you crazy vegetarians to start your grandstanding. We meat eaters would as soon shoot you and add you to one of our courses. Lol! You probably all taste like lima beans though.

No, Chris, you would not be able to shoot your own food. And, if you did, that's just the beginning. You would still have to gut and clean it. I've gutted and cleaned a lot of dead animals and I can tell you its not very enjoyable. How many have to gutted and cleaned?

I've hit a nerve and you don't like it. I understand that and honestly, I'm sorry. But, I a lot sorrier for the BILLIONS of animals tortured and killed for our convenience.

Like I mentioned earlier, you are using a computer. Therefore, you are also using animal products. Many things that you use every single day are made from animal products. The only difference is you aren't consuming the animal for sustenance.

Like I mentioned earlier, you are using a computer. Therefore, you are also using animal products. Many things that you use every single day are made from animal products. The only difference is you aren't consuming the animal for sustenance.

My diet is far from perfect and I never said I eat no animal products but you make a good point. Slaughterhouse by-products are so common, its all but impossible to live a truly "vegan" life. I do eat eggs from a local person who has chickens that are actually running free. When I go out, I almost have to eat some dairy but I never buy it.

If there are 8 things we can do to make this world a better place and you're doing 5 of them, who am I to say you're not doing enough?

We each have our comfort zone. For some, that means eating factory farmed animals they know are literally tortured. I constantly ask myself if I would be okay with something if it were being done to a puppy.

That's what works for me. YMMV.

I've never cooked Veal before and I am eager to try, anyone have any recipes they care to share?

I don't really eat veal often, but I do sometimes buy ground veal and add it to hamburger meat and ground pork and make meatballs out of it. They are really good. I just make them like I would normally make meatballs, but they just seem more tasty when you add three meats instead of just one. :)

You mix the veal with other meats and make it into meatballs?!

Sacrilege!!! Burn her! Burrrrrrrn herrrrrrrrrrrr!

That's how I was taught at a high end Italian restaurant. Pork/veal/beef. Can also be purchased at most supermarkets as "meatball mix." Personally, I like to buy them separately, ensuring the ratios in looking for, rather than the pork heavy product supermarkets sell.

My diet is far from perfect and I never said I eat no animal products but you make a good point. Slaughterhouse by-products are so common, its all but impossible to live a truly "vegan" life. I do eat eggs from a local person who has chickens that are actually running free. When I go out, I almost have to eat some dairy but I never buy it.

If there are 8 things we can do to make this world a better place and you're doing 5 of them, who am I to say you're not doing enough?

We each have our comfort zone. For some, that means eating factory farmed animals they know are literally tortured. I constantly ask myself if I would be okay with something if it were being done to a puppy.

That's what works for me. YMMV.
Rationalize much? Lol. What do you think about wild caught fish?

Forum List

Back