Anyone have any easy driveway ideas?

Leaning towards honeycomb supports or spaced out tile stones. The property I'm considering for a cabin is almost no maintenance.

I gave you a link on which you can discuss without scandal.
If you are interested, go and ask.
But I will require that you show the photos of the worst places in your construction ...
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
We are here - not "blondes and girls," you should not be shy ...
They don't allow pictures where he lives...

I live on 43 acres that has a two mile dirt road access..I used dirt for my driveway. and a few stones...But then I had heavy rains and it washed the road out. I was disassembling a porch and used the concrete to fill in washed out areas and covered them with dirt. Which I still use to this day 17 years later..

I need dirt------I live in a city------lots of scum and pollution and lead infected
detritus ----but NO DIRT. I will trade you a traffic jam for a few tons of black
soil-----preferably with worms. ----how about some asbestos imbedded sheetrock?

I live on 43 acres that has a two mile dirt road access..I used dirt for my driveway. and a few stones...But then I had heavy rains and it washed the road out. I was disassembling a porch and used the concrete to fill in washed out areas and covered them with dirt. Which I still use to this day 17 years later..

I need dirt------I live in a city------lots of scum and pollution and lead infected
detritus ----but NO DIRT. I will trade you a traffic jam for a few tons of black
soil-----preferably with worms. ----how about some asbestos imbedded sheetrock?
Why that sounds good.. USPS or UPS?

Can you spare a square? *L*

Yeah even though this property is high and dry the heavy rains can still make drives mushy and muddy, so for traction the compacting honey comb or traction from slab tiles solves those issues.

Talk about squares, this is interesting,
But don't know if using pressure treated would save your tires from splinter punctures or look as good without being weathered.
Would be tedius to do a full drive, but might look good as 2 wide tire tracks with mulch or moss in the center track.

Maybe a partially burried bark log rounded top waste board spaced out would make a rustic drive and perhaps lumber mills might donate the waste cut or sell them cheap. Someone logging and milling lumber on their own property could utilize the exterior cuts that way and do a nice short rustic drive.
tmp-cam-1533322975.jpg

Talk about squares, this is interesting,
But don't know if using pressure treated would save your tires from splinter punctures or look as good without being weathered.
Would be tedius to do a full drive, but might look good as 2 wide tire tracks with mulch or moss in the center track.

Maybe a partially burried bark log rounded top waste board spaced out would make a rustic drive and perhaps lumber mills might donate the waste cut or sell them cheap. Someone logging and milling lumber on their own property could utilize the exterior cuts that way and do a nice short rustic drive.
View attachment 178801

That'll be mulch and sand in about 3 to 6 years depending on what Zone you are in.. Dont go for fancy. Make sure you have the drainage under control BEFORE you lay anything..

Forum List

Back