Anyone have a Birdbath?

I dont like dirty animals bathing where i grow my food. I am civilized.

I like bats for bugs. When I lived in Turkey they would come out every night in the summer and eat every GD thing in about an hour. No mosquitoes. I loved those little things.

I have several birdbaths/critter watering vessels about my land. Some of them are modified to be more friendly to butterflies, for instance. Some of them sit on the ground for whatever creature might want to come along and have a drink of slimy water infested with mosquito larvae.

Feeders will make a bigger difference in luring birds in than water will though. I put out two feeders and two suet cages ahead of a blizzard and have kept them stocked since. There has been a massive improvement in the number and diversity of birds on my property since. I never knew my area had so many woodpeckers, but it certainly does now. Had about a dozen little ravens all together splashing in my bird bath the other day. Lots more little birds (I am not sure the names of many of them).

I do have a birdbath, but I never use it. I find the shower in the bathroom much roomier. /rimshot

I have several birdbaths/critter watering vessels about my land. Some of them are modified to be more friendly to butterflies, for instance. Some of them sit on the ground for whatever creature might want to come along and have a drink of slimy water infested with mosquito larvae.

Feeders will make a bigger difference in luring birds in than water will though. I put out two feeders and two suet cages ahead of a blizzard and have kept them stocked since. There has been a massive improvement in the number and diversity of birds on my property since. I never knew my area had so many woodpeckers, but it certainly does now. Had about a dozen little ravens all together splashing in my bird bath the other day. Lots more little birds (I am not sure the names of many of them).

I used to keep feeders and suet and thistle bags up. Until a black bear got wind of it and destroyed half my feeders.

I regularly get tons of tufted titmice, chickadees, the occasional nuthatches and wrens and cardinals, and a few woodpeckers of various types. Pileated woodpeckers are common and Downies and I did get an endangered-species one, I'd have to look it up to recall which one.

I do have a birdbath, but I never use it. I find the shower in the bathroom much roomier. /rimshot

I used to keep feeders and suet and thistle bags up. Until a black bear got wind of it and destroyed half my feeders.

I regularly get tons of tufted titmice, chickadees, the occasional nuthatches and wrens and cardinals, and a few woodpeckers of various types. Pileated woodpeckers are common and Downies and I did get an endangered-species one, I'd have to look it up to recall which one.

Black bears seldom venture into my city and they are usually darted superfast when they do to protect them from all the idiots with cell cameras who start chasing them around while texting everybody, "Get over here. There's a BLACK BEAR!!!!"

Forum List

Back