Anyone from ME or Pa?

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
There is one way to kill this irresponsible so called, "Economic Recovery" bill. If you live in PA or ME, call your Senator and tell them to vote no on the final bill.

Here are their phone numbers;

Susan Collins- (202) 224-2523
Olympia Snowe- (202) 224-5344
Arlen Specter- (202) 224-4254

If all three vote against this bill, it is doomed.

There is one way to kill this irresponsible so called, "Economic Recovery" bill. If you live in PA or ME, call your Senator and tell them to vote no on the final bill.

wrong, the cloture vote already happened
now just a simple majority is all it needs to pass

Ironically, I was raised in PA and now, live in Maine.

Kinda makes me proud to find the three Senators willing to cross the aisle come froom both places.

I'll be calling Olympia and Sue to congratulate them on voting for the package despite my own reservations about it efficacy.

Both of those ladies remind me of the 50's Republicans to be honest.

I think that the GOP was grooming Sue Collins for greater things, but now?

Well, she's either just ruined her chances with her party, or, if the bailout works out, she's cemented her place in the Republican Party for leadership.

Understand I do not blame the Republicans for voting against this because I suspect many of them actually don't support this move.

But it took enormous guts for those three to go against their Party, too.

Look at the state of affairs in Maine and PA's industries, and you begin to understand that those two formerly very industrialed states are in serious trouble and something must be done for the people.

I think a lot of Republicans are voting based on the possibility that if it doesn't work out they can say I told you so.

And if it does, they're hoping that their constiutents won't hold it against that that they didn't support it.

Last edited:

Kinda makes me proud to find the three Senators willing to cross the aisle come froom both places.

I'll be calling Olympia and Sue to congratulate them on voting for the package despite my own reservations about it efficacy.

Well, she's either just ruined her chances with her party, or, if the bailout works out, she's cemented her place in the Republican Party for leadership.

Understand I do not blame the Republicans for voting against this because I suspect many of them actually don't support this move.

Look at the state of affairs in Maine and PA's industries, and you begin to understand that those two formerly very industrialed states are in serious trouble and something must be done for the people.

I think a lot of Republicans are voting based on the possibility that if it doesn't work out they can say I told you so.

And if it does, they're hoping that their constiutents won't hold it against that that they didn't support it.

No their voting against it because the current bill will shrink the GDP.

Bloomberg.com: U.S.
The demands may prove pivotal because the Senate plan cleared a 60-vote procedural threshold this week by a single vote. Democrats say they expect a compromise plan would also need 60 votes.

The demands may prove pivotal because the Senate plan cleared a 60-vote procedural threshold this week by a single vote. Democrats say they expect a compromise plan would also need 60 votes.
ah, my bad

then i hope they don't vote for this monstrosity

ah, my bad

then i hope they don't vote for this monstrosity

This bill will help stimulate this country's acceleration into bankruptcy. That is the only stimulus we will receive.

:clap2:

I wrote Specter; he voted yes anyway. I'll try again but I doubt it will do much good. This thing is a done deal. Specter just nailed his coffin shut.

I wrote Specter; he voted yes anyway. I'll try again but I doubt it will do much good. This thing is a done deal. Specter just nailed his coffin shut.
Collins got my vote last fall, but i have doubts i will vote for her again
and same goes for Snowe
i hope someone runs against them in the GOP primaries

Fools who voted to spend $800 billion in Iraq are now complaining because the Congress is trying to save America.

Fools who voted to spend $800 billion in Iraq are now complaining because the Congress is trying to save America.
no, we are not fools, and this wont "save" anything
its you and your side that are the fools
you prove that over and over

Yup.

But to be fair, they're not complaining because they don't want America's economy to be saved.

To be fair, they are complaining because they do think that what Congress is doing will make it worse.

Pretty much like those of us who objected to the goings on in Iraq, objected because we thought it would NOT be a good thing for America, yes?

STill...one does wonder why so many Americans would rather spend $800 billion to KILL IRAQI, than spend $800 Billion to HELP Americans.

Seems to me that since both activities were done by spending money we don't have, their attitude is somewhat inconsistent and not terribly patriotic, either.

These people seem to love killing foreignors more than they love their fellow citizens.

Last edited:

Yup.

But to be fair, they're not complaining because they don't want America's economy to be saved.

To be fair, they are complaining because they do think that what Congress is doing will make it worse.

Pretty much like those of us who objected to the goings on in Iraq, objected because we thought it would NOT be a good thing for America, yes?

STill...one does wonder why so many Americans would rather spend $800 billion to KILL IRAQI, than spend $800 Billion to HELP Americans.

Seems to me that since both activities were done by spending money we don't have, their attitude is somewhat inconsistent and not terribly patriotic, either.

These people seem to love killing foreignors more than they love their fellow citizens.

i don't recall being offered a choice on iraq any more than i'm being offered a choice on this stimulus bill.

tell me, what's patriotic about supporting something you don't think will help the country? does the fact that i support neither the war nor the bail out make me a traitor? does all political discourse in this country now come down to blind support of the party in power or one is not a patriot, or a traitor?

seems to me that since both activities are being done by spending money we don't have then we shouldn't be doing them.

frankly, you sound like a lefty limbaugh and i find it pretty disappointing.

Yup.

wow, you want to be associated with that moron?

A stimulus bill that shrinks the GDP is no stimulus, it's just spending. The Iraq war was intended to protect us from a threat.

A stimulus bill that shrinks the GDP is no stimulus, it's just spending. The Iraq war was intended to protect us from a threat.

Both are equally devastating to the economy.

Well not exactly...
Cost of War | National Priorities Project
The War in Iraq Costs
$597,536,266,593

Cost of the Stimulus...
It's a deal: Stimulus bargain is reached
House and Senate leaders on Wednesday struck a deal on a $789 billion economic stimulus bill after little more than 24 hours of rapid-fire negotiations with the Obama administration, clearing the way for final congressional action later this week.

Obama pledges to have us out of Iraq in 16 months. While this spending bill creates a lot of long term spending. So I ask you which was more detrimental to the economy?

Forum List

Back