Anyone experincing what I am with the new site maybe ?

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
When I write a post sometimes, I can go to back space it etc. in order to edit or something, and the whole page disappears and re-appears but the post is gone ? I can't hit the back arrow or anything to retrieve it, as it is just gone. I write some doozies to sometimes when this happens, and then bam they disappear without a trace. May be this lap top, and me hitting something by accident maybe, hec I don't know.

When I write a post sometimes, I can go to back space it etc. in order to edit or something, and the whole page disappears and re-appears but the post is gone ? I can't hit the back arrow or anything to retrieve it, as it is just gone. I write some doozies to sometimes when this happens, and then bam they disappear without a trace. May be this lap top, and me hitting something by accident maybe, hec I don't know.
Happens to me occasionally. It seems to happen only when I hit backspace while the cursor position in the text box is NOT flashing...and sometimes when I get back to the page, what I had in the text box is still there but faded until I click somewhere in the box.

You have my empathy.

What I don't understand is what happens to the post where it says "saved" as if the software does this automatically.

I've quoted someone, replied to their post, then hit post reply ... only to have my response nowhere to be found, just the post I quoted hanging there all not-responded too. Weird.

No matter what add-ons you're using, the best thing to do is to copy the entirety of your post as soon as you're done typing it.

That way, if you unfortunately bump into a "502 Bad Gateway" error message or the like, you will have your post saved, and all you hafta do is go back and paste it on the quick reply screen to kick it back into motion.

I had to learn this the hard way, after having lost a coupla really long, wordy posts. :thup:

No matter what add-ons you're using, the best thing to do is to copy the entirety of your post as soon as you're done typing it.

That way, if you unfortunately bump into a "502 Bad Gateway" error message or the like, you will have your post saved, and all you hafta do is go back and paste it on the quick reply screen to kick it back into motion.

I had to learn this the hard way, after having lost a coupla really long, wordy posts. :thup:
It takes only one occurrence to bring one to absolute rage.

I do think we have autosave here. I see a faint message now and then, usually near my cursor. I'm continuing to type meaninglessly in hoes of seeing it come up here, but it appears the system is reluctant to help me out. I'm one of those that has to look at the keyboard while typing, so I may have ...THERE IT WENT "DRAFT SAVED"

Now if I could just figure out what that gets me....:confused-84:

True, but it happens when typing the post sometimes, otherwise when you move to do something in the post while writing it, then all of a sudden you look and the page blanks out and comes back, then I can't find what I was writing after that happens. I have seen something at the right bottom corner saying (saved draft or draft saved) in a pop up sometimes, but not always. Hec it just did it as I wrote that sentence..LOL.. Hmm, where is it being saved to I wonder?

I type long ones in OpenOrifice or Wordpad offline, then paste them into the box; that way if it gets hosed I can just do it again rather than type out another long one. Short ones I just hit post reply.

Forum List

Back