Anyone ever use this holster?

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
81vOqE2NMBL._SL1500_.jpg

Thinking about getting one to carry my 1911 in. I don't really like my IWB holsters although they work, one is uncomfortable and the other is comfortable but it doesn't secure the gun.

Also what are your thoughts on vertical draw vs sideways draw shoulder holsters?

Tried a shoulder rig once, horizontal, didn't like it. It's how having a colostomy bag under your arm might feel. I don't even notice the IWB anymore.

No.

s-l300.jpg

Most of the time I just wear an empty holster when I'm out and about. Just because people need to see liberty things.

In fact, I'd encourage everyone to do that for that reason alone.

No.

s-l300.jpg

Most of the time I just wear an empty holster when I'm out and about. Just because people need to see liberty things.

In fact, I'd encourage everyone to do that for that reason alone.

So it's a fashion statement. Cool.

Shoulder holsters conceal pretty well, but I prefer the IWB Milt Sparks holster I'm using. It hugs your hip like it's not even there, and they make them for all-length 1911 models. It's the only IWB holster that I've found that I really like.

milt%20sparks.jpg

No problem. Most gun nuts are just in it for the fashion statement.

I don't really care for guns, to be be perfectly honest. It is unfortunate that they are necessary.

Isn't that an odd coincidence. I love guns, but I'm not a gun nut because I believe we should have reasonable controls on who should be able to buy them, and you don't really care for them, yet you are a full blown gun nut.

zacly.

Freedom is cool, man. Ha.

Don't worry, though, if I'm carrying payroll there'll be a smokewagon up inat biatch.

That shows how little you know about firearms or those who carry them on a daily basis. A holster isn't a "fashion statement", it's the most important accessory you need to safely carry. Only an idiot, a Chicago street thug, or a Mexican would simply stick a pistol in their pocket or tuck it in the belt, sans holster.

The purpose of a holster is not only to protect your weapon against dirt, dust, sweat, and rust, but to protect yourself and everyone around you from accidentally being shot. I went through ten different holsters before I decided on the one I'm using: It's very concealable, even in the Summer with a light shirt. It has plenty of retention, so the pistol can't accidentally fall out or be grabbed from behind.

It also keeps the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, at about 10 degrees toward the ground behind me, away from the leg and the femoral artery. The worst thing you can do is tuck a pistol in your belt or use any holster that points the muzzle at the inside of the leg. Shoot yourself in the femoral artery, and you're basically fucked. Without a tourniquet, you'll bleed out and die withing minutes.

zacly.

Don't worry, though, if I'm carrying payroll there'll be a smokewagon up inat biatch.

That shows how little you know about firearms or those who carry them on a daily basis. A holster isn't a "fashion statement", it's the most important accessory you need to safely carry. Only an idiot, a Chicago street thug, or a Mexican would simply stick a pistol in their pocket or tuck it in the belt, sans holster.

The purpose of a holster is not only to protect your weapon against dirt, dust, sweat, and rust, but to protect yourself and everyone around you from accidentally being shot. I went through ten different holsters before I decided on the one I'm using: It's very concealable, even in the Summer with a light shirt. It has plenty of retention, so the pistol can't accidentally fall out or be grabbed from behind.

It also keeps the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, at about 10 degrees toward the ground behind me, away from the leg and the femoral artery. The worst thing you can do is tuck a pistol in your belt or use any holster that points the muzzle at the inside of the leg. Shoot yourself in the femoral artery, and you're basically fucked. Without a tourniquet, you'll bleed out and die withing minutes.

Yet Natural Citizen said he regularly wears a holster without a gun so people will see it. That is a fashion statement. Are you telling me that you don't know gun nuts who carry a gun specifically so people will see them with it to indicate their political beliefs? That is a fashion statement as well.

zacly.

Yet Natural Citizen said he regularly wears a holster without a gun so people will see it. That is a fashion statement. Are you telling me that you don't know gun nuts who carry a gun specifically so people will see them with it to indicate their political beliefs? That is a fashion statement as well.
this gullible moron is so ignorant he should not exist.

zacly.

this gullible moron is so ignorant he should not exist.

I agree. When he said he wore an empty holster because people need to see "liberty things", I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Just another typical idiot gun nut.

81vOqE2NMBL._SL1500_.jpg

Thinking about getting one to carry my 1911 in. I don't really like my IWB holsters although they work, one is uncomfortable and the other is comfortable but it doesn't secure the gun.

Also what are your thoughts on vertical draw vs sideways draw shoulder holsters?

If that’s the bianchi one then yes I tried it. It’s works foot with a coat or thick flannel jacket/over shirt type thing. Summertime is a “don’t bother”.

I agree. When he said he wore an empty holster because people need to see "liberty things", I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Just another typical idiot gun nut.

Heh heh. Tread lightly ya little Bolshevik. People like you are my absolute favorite. Really. You have no idea of the hole you're digging for yourself tinkering around with me. None. And in front of all of your friends, too? Pffft. Christmas...

Last edited:

Heh heh. Tread lightly ya little Bolshevik. People like you are my absolute favorite. Really. You have no idea of the hole you're digging for yourself tinkering around with me. None. And in front of all of your friends, too? Pffft. Christmas...
He's a lib idiot.

Shoulder holsters conceal pretty well, but I prefer the IWB Milt Sparks holster I'm using. It hugs your hip like it's not even there, and they make them for all-length 1911 models. It's the only IWB holster that I've found that I really like.

milt%20sparks.jpg
Ditto Milt Sparks

-Geaux

81vOqE2NMBL._SL1500_.jpg

If that’s the bianchi one then yes I tried it. It’s works foot with a coat or thick flannel jacket/over shirt type thing. Summertime is a “don’t bother”.
I asked someone else what they thought and he said that he didn't think someone behind me would appreciate my 1911 being pointed at them. I said, how will they know? lol

I'm trembling.

Forum List

Back