Anyone else think the terms left, right, conservative, liberal are all b-s?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
The Iraq War is about as liberal of a venture as the US has done in its history, the only people who supported that war as it went on would be identified as "right conservatives."

Defining marriage as between a woman and man and enforcing that in gov't policy and keeping marijuana illegal are both strong stances of President Obama, a man who's only outspoken support seemingly comes from "left liberals."

I'm no genius, but these seems like sort of common sense things to me, why can't others figure this out?

The Iraq War is about as liberal of a venture as the US has done in its history, the only people who supported that war as it went on would be identified as "right conservatives."

Defining marriage as between a woman and man and enforcing that in gov't policy and keeping marijuana illegal are both strong stances of President Obama, a man who's only outspoken support seemingly comes from "left liberals."

I'm no genius, but these seems like sort of common sense things to me, why can't others figure this out?

Because their politicians of choice dont let them figure it out on their own.

Because their politicians of choice dont let them figure it out on their own.

Politicians don't control free will.

I think it more has to do with the image the 2 things entail. Democrats prolly feel their party is smarter and more high brow, so they want that image. Republicans prolly feel their party is more moral and tougher, so they want that image.

Most murkins aren't smart enough to use free will or vote.
They let loons like Hannutsy and Limbaloney, or George Loony and Carlos Estaves( Charlie Sheen) do their thinking and voting for them.
That's how merica lost it's "A" and became the first fourth world nation........ now known as murkastan.

Attachments

• $murkastan.gif
    $murkastan.gif
    74.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

If God created trees, shouldn't it be liberals calling conserve-ative Christians 'tree huggers'?

Anyone else think the terms left, right, conservative, liberal are all b-s?

Yes, I do.

Labeling people is a good way of turning off your brain so that you don't have to listen to them.

If God created trees, shouldn't it be liberals calling conserve-ative Christians 'tree huggers'?

The vast majority of people who claim to be liberal or democrat are also christian but I get what you're saying.

There was NOTHING Liberal about the Iraq war.

It was all con all the time.

He now is with his party on gay marriage.

I hope he changes his policy on that one two after the election.

what is it about you fake "oh Im in the middle" people that makes you think we dont see right through you?

got no problems at all with terms. As used to paint the complexity of an individual or group's politics, they are problematic.

what is it about you fake "oh Im in the middle" people that makes you think we dont see right through you?

i dont see u seeing things correctly anyway so whats on more fog in front of your eyes.

29 out of 50 democrat senators voted for the war in Iraq.

In 2007, the overwhelming majority of democrat senators again voted in favor of increasing the war in Iraq.

The Democrats' Support for Bush's War | FPIF

The Democrats' Support for Bush's War
By Stephen Zunes. Edited by Erik Leaver, May 31, 2007

The capitulation of the Democratic Party’s congressional leadership to the Bush administration’s request for nearly $100 billion of unconditional supplementary government spending, primarily to support the war in Iraq, has led to outrage throughout the country. In the Senate, 37 of 49 Democrats voted on May 24 to support the measure. In the House, while only 86 of the 231 Democratic House members voted for the supplemental funding, 216 of them voted in favor of an earlier procedural vote designed to move the funding bill forward even though it would make the funding bill’s passage inevitable (while giving most of them a chance to claim they voted against it).

This is why I'm against both warmonger parties, including the warmongering democrats you love.

People self-identify. I consider myself very conservative, and have all my life. And yet I am viscerally repulsed by the babbling lunatics who have rebranded the Conservative label these days.

The GOP claims the conservative ideal of small government, but its actions demonstrate these claims are mere lip service. The GOP also claims the conservative ideal of limited government spending, but its actions when it had complete control of all branches of government once again demonstrate its hypocrisy.

I support same sex marriage and the repeal of marijuana prohibition. I don't know where he would have stood on same sex marriage, it never really came up in his time, but my hero Bill Buckley stood for the repeal of all drug prohibition. I don't go quite that far.

We find many blacks opposed to same sex marriage. Therefore, same sex marriage can neither be placed in the the "liberal" nor the "conservative" pigeonholes. To assume someone who is just fine with same sex marriage is a "liberal" is to make an ass of oneself.

When you dissect the polls on same sex marriage, there is pretty strong evidence there is a very quite sect of that part of the "conservative" spectrum which is okay with same sex marriage.

Some people are fiscally conservative and socially liberal, and vice versa.

I'm no genius,

Well, you got one thing right.
btw, Obama is in favor of same sex marriage now. In case you missed about 5 threads on the topic and a gazillion news stories.

LOL!

My advice friend, before implying someone else is stupid be sure to notice the numerous different spots where the date is listed at the top of the thread and follow up posts.

That'll let you know when the topic was started, and you won't look like a brainless asshole (again).

Forum List

Back