Anyone Else think that the Gaza pullout is a big mistake?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by rcajun90, Aug 17, 2005.

1. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    First let me say I'm not Jewish, I don't have any Jewish friends (not that I'm a racists just there's not many here in South Louisiana) and I support even before 9/11 a two state solution. It's not the fact that Israel is giving up land again it is the attitude of the Palestinians. The ones I've seen interviewed are suggesting this is a start but it will not be complete until they own all of Israel. You can see on Fox news that the terrorist group Islamic Jihad is marching to Gaza in a parade of triumph. Apparently terrorism works?

I'm old enough to remember how Israel gave Egypt back the Sinai and how this was going to bring peace to the Middle East. Well it didn't bring peace. It seems to me that the Arabs have only one goal in mind. A Palestinian state in what is now Israel. How can they have peace? They have thousands of these terrorist militias and they have a vested interest in keeping the blood flowing. If you are in your late 20's or 30's and you don't have a good education and you've dedicated your youth to terror, what do you do if peace does come? Work at McDonald's?

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

I agree, you are right, it's NOT Israel that is against a 2 state solution. Everyone forgets that is at the point that Arafat rejected the *Peace Plan* that got him the Nobel Peace Prize, along with Gee Wilikers Jimmy.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I disagree. Israel chose to abandon it's settlements for a number of reasons one of which was the fact that providing security for less than 10,000 people was incredibly expensive and a stategic nightmare. Arab propaganda is just that and if they would like to further test thier ability to be sucessful in "triumphing" over Israel they will not even live to regret it .
    An argument can now be made that Israel has made a unilateral step for peace and the ball is now is the Palestinians court. Any attack on Israel now (however "minor") will be met with ferocious retaliatory strike because the Army and the general population are PISSED.

4. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I think it's a bad move for free enterprise. Imagine if you lived in Phoenix, AZ. You and your parents turned that smoldering desert into a livable place, then started growing stuff that was envied around the world. Then, all of a sudden, the U.S. decides to comprimise. You have a week to get out. The gov't pays you a 100 grand for your troubles. They then take the land that your blood sweat and tears bought and gives it, free of charge, to a Mexican who has (not stereotyping, just referring to this specific Mexican) done nothing with his life but whine and moan and threaten to blow you up for being on HIS land. I think it's a sham and it's tragic. Also, get this. The lunar Jewish date was the 9th of Av. Do you know what also happened on the 9th of Av in history?

The 1st Jewish temple was destroyed by the Babylonians.
    The 2nd Jewish temple was destroyed by the Romans.
    Thousands of Jews were slaughtered by Crusaders and Muslim Jihadists...twice.
    All Jews were banned from England by Edward I.
    All Jews were banned from Spain by Isabella.
    50,000 Jews were slaughtered after the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising failed.

And of all days, Sharon chose THAT day for the pullout. Anybody else see this as evidence of a God? Anybody else think this is leading to rivers of blood?

5. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    "I think it's a bad move for free enterprise. Imagine if you lived in Phoenix, AZ. You and your parents turned that smoldering desert into a livable place, then started growing stuff that was envied around the world. Then, all of a sudden, the U.S. decides to comprimise. You have a week to get out. The gov't pays you a 100 grand for your troubles. They then take the land that your blood sweat and tears bought and gives it, free of charge, to a Mexican who has (not stereotyping, just referring to this specific Mexican) done nothing with his life but whine and moan and threaten to blow you up for being on HIS land. I think it's a sham and it's tragic. Also, get this. The lunar Jewish date was the 9th of Av. Do you know what also happened on the 9th of Av in history?"

That's a very good analogy. After Arizonia why not New Mexico, Texas, California etc...

6. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40

I hope you are correct. But if I was Abdul Jihad Mohammad, I would be thinking today is a great victory. A few more car and suicide bombings and we will drive all of the Jews out.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Free enterprise? What the hell does that have to do with it? The settlers were PAID to move into Gaza and are being PAID to move out of it. This was all possible because Israels army wiped out all attackers and had the power and money to defend the land. The United States STILL has the power and money to defend the states you are referring to WITHOUT recieving billions of dollars in foreign aid. If the Government by some act of fantasy votes to give those states to Mexico--guess what--those States can and will defend themselves.

8. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    "Free enterprise? What the hell does that have to do with it? The settlers were PAID to move into Gaza and are being PAID to move out of it. This was all possible because Israels army wiped out all attackers and had the power and money to defend the land. The United States STILL has the power and money to defend the states you are referring to WITHOUT recieving billions of dollars in foreign aid. If the Government by some act of fantasy votes to give those states to Mexico--guess what--those States can and will defend themselves."

I said nothing about Free enerprise. I think you gave me credit for someone elses post. I think what that person was saying was that Israel took what was a wasteland desert and has turned it into a profitable and livable area to live in. Similar to the way we have turned the vast wastelands of New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada into livable profitable places. Just look at Nevada. I have had several Mexican friends and have even gone down to Monterrey to stay for months and most of the people I talked to down there would eventually get to how we stole their land away from them ( Southwest United States ). It was obvious to me that they are being taught in schools that the American southwest should be part of Mexico and they are teaching a one sided lesson in history. I’m sure they leave out how we marched into Mexico City and could have had the whole country. I don’t think we have to worry about Mexican suicide bombers or terrorists. They are much more clever than that. Why attack when you can just immigrate? When I was a kid you never ever saw U.S. border patrol cars or Mexican laborers in Louisiana. Now they are all over the place. Can we really afford to protect and defend our borders?

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

That's why it's better to use the 'quote' feature instead of just using 'quotation marks' when replying - it's easier to see which content belongs to which member :)

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    One of the better reasons I can think of for civilians to own and maintain weapons. The backlash is growing.