Anyone else spending Christmas alone?

ICBM

Rookie
Dec 22, 2010
Single ladies and single guys, post here. Let all of us uncommitted people gather in sorrow.

I will be spending Chrismas day alone. Gave my housekeeper the day off.
And my Lady is going to be with her family for a gathering.
Thanksgiving is the big gathering day at my place.

What is wrong with being alone on Christmas day?
An affliction invented by our society?

I need a day of rest anyway.

But the grandchildren and several more will be here on Christmas eve.

Gotta come for the presents Gramps got them :D
I told em to bring a truck.

Last edited:
I am spending the whole week alone.
I do it since June 2010.
Probably I will stay alone on new-year also. I have 1 invitation to a party, but I don't think, I will go there.

I am spending the whole week alone.
I do it since June 2010.
Probably I will stay alone on new-year also. I have 1 invitation to a party, but I don't think, I will go there.

You seem like a somewhat lonely, depressed person. I hope you get the changes you wish for.

You know......ever since my mother died when I was 8, I've never paid that much attention to Christmas. Matter of fact, sometimes it got downright depressing because everyone else had a family and I didn't.

However........when I joined the Navy, I found that by volunteering for duty on Christmas Day, I'd be able to get some free chow (various people would bring some of their goodies into the duty office), as well as be guaranteed to have off New Years.

Not only that, but it made me feel good to know that because I was there on duty and didn't have family, I was able to provide someone else a chance to be with theirs.

This Christmas? Not sure what I'm gonna do. Probably sit around, watch TV, and spend the day with my Aunt Lois.

Forum List

Back