Anyone else sense a change?

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
Does anyone besides me feel a change coming on? I feel like there will be a change in foreign policies everywhere, everyone taking sides, a WWIII breaking out. A big finale, I guess. Anyone else thing that this is the beginning of something extraordinary?

Originally posted by Semper Fi
Does anyone besides me feel a change coming on? I feel like there will be a change in foreign policies everywhere, everyone taking sides, a WWIII breaking out. A big finale, I guess. Anyone else thing that this is the beginning of something extraordinary?

Not the beginning...it has been brewing for some time now.

i 'sense changes' all the time. But I generally get made fun of because of it. ;)

:cof:

I do as many others do. Strictly from a religious standpoint, many truly believe this is the beginning of the final battle between good and evil.

Most change centers on the EU and its activities but most Americans don't look at that, they look only at our nation and see the effects instead of the cause.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I do as many others do. Strictly from a religious standpoint, many truly believe this is the beginning of the final battle between good and evil.

Yeah, to me thats another reason that it just may be. I dont know, to me it seems kind of exciting, but I am a young war mongrel.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
i 'sense changes' all the time. But I generally get made fun of because of it. ;)

:cof:

Me too:D

Seriously, I agree with NewGuy, the EU is making progress quickly, something to watch and follow.

Yeah, to me thats another reason that it just may be. I dont know, to me it seems kind of exciting, but I am a young war mongrel.
Have you ever seen, up close an personal, dead guys; blown apart? Or how about guys that are alive, but just missing an arm or leg or two and trying to crawl away from the fire that is melting their skin - while they are calling out for your help, but all you can do is keep moving as that is your orders?

It is not a pretty site and if you had, you most likely would not be such a "war mongrel".

Unfortunately, sometimes our young men and women have to go fight for our country. However, I urge you to not be in a hurry!

We live in interesting times. (That dang Chinese curse). Yeah there is change coming. There is always change coming.

We have our nation polarizing. The the electorate is leaning toward conservatism. But that doesnt mean we arent polarized still. Because there is very very little middle ground betwee the two. There is no real middle ground on any of the major issues. Example:

You are either for fighting terrorists or you arent.

You are either for people keeping their money or not

You are either for life or pro abortion.

You are either for protecting the family or for gay marriage.

These are just a few of the issues. The last two in particular are very polarizing. So while we are leaning conservative, the polarization will continue to take place. Moderates are loosing power and having a harder time remaining in power. Senator Spector is an example of that. He had a very tough primary race in which he only won by very few votes. Our nation is dividing, just not on fifty fifty lines.

Change is on the horizon. Im not sure how much more extreme left will be able to handle not being in power. Look at the incredible hatred for Bush. I cant imagine what will happen when Bush wins this year. (And im very confident he will win in landslide numbers especially if he keeps pushing on Kerry hard in California and New Jersey). The reaction is going to be extreme.

We have extremes on both side of the isle who are inching for rebellion. the conservative groups in South Carolina. And there are some liberals who have been itching to take California and secede from you Union. (That could be an interesting discussion because some of the arguments for that are so stupid) If Bush wins, the extreme leftists may try to rebel. If Kerry wins the Extreme right may try to rebel. Either way we are in a powder keg about ready to burst.

And while we are squabbling among our selves and possibly closer to civil war then we want to imagine, terrorists will be able to infiltrate this nation and they will likely have WMDs of somesort. Its only a matter of time unless we crack down on them hard now! I remember when i heard about 911, After the shock, i wasnt as much angry at first as i was sad, sad that someone could do such a thing, and sad because i think we are going to look back on 911 and wish for such days.

Have you ever seen, up close an personal, dead guys; blown apart? Or how about guys that are alive, but just missing an arm or leg or two and trying to crawl away from the fire that is melthing their skin - while they are calling out for your help, but all you can do is keep moving as that is your orders?

It is not a pretty site and if you had, you most likely would not be such a "war mongrel".

Unfortunately, sometimes our young men and women have to go fight for our country. However, I urge you to not be in a hurry!

Right on. My son is in Iraq. Talked to him yesterday. He called to say he'd been wounded in a fire fight. Took shrapnel to the leg and then told me how he'd then shot the guy in the face, then pulled the shrapnel from his leg, bandaged it and returned to the fight at hand.

I think we are doing the right thing over there. If you have a child over there, you know they are probably killing. However, to hear one of your "babies" tell you so, kinda gives you the willies. You are at the same time proud of their service, and sorrowful that they have to be a part of that and witness it.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Right on. My son is in Iraq. Talked to him yesterday. He called to say he'd been wounded in a fire fight.
Please tell your son thank you! Also, I thank you for developing him into a young man that is not afraid to serve his country.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Right on. My son is in Iraq. Talked to him yesterday. He called to say he'd been wounded in a fire fight. Took shrapnel to the leg and then told me how he'd then shot the guy in the face, then pulled the shrapnel from his leg, bandaged it and returned to the fight at hand.

I think we are doing the right thing over there. If you have a child over there, you know they are probably killing. However, to hear one of your "babies" tell you so, kinda gives you the willies. You are at the same time proud of their service, and sorrowful that they have to be a part of that and witness it.

OG HGROKIT, thank you for raising a son that is doing his all for us. He and your family are in my prayers.

I think they are doing what's right, I just hope that it's not derailed.

You speak of Good ad Evil as if they were living breathing entities, but they aren't, thay are qualities. The only evil I've seen in the world, is the evil that men do...and they do it quite well without any sort of supernatural intervention. The good that is done in the world is also the the good that men do, and they also do that quite well without any supernatural intervention.

So, any battle between "good and evil" is a battle between those who believe in the promise and preciousness of human life and the world it exists in, and those who see human life as nothing more than a means to an end and cheerfully willingly walk across a mountain of corpses to achieve that end.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
We live in interesting times. (That dang Chinese curse). Yeah there is change coming. There is always change coming.

We have our nation polarizing. The the electorate is leaning toward conservatism. But that doesnt mean we arent polarized still. Because there is very very little middle ground betwee the two. There is no real middle ground on any of the major issues. Example:

You are either for fighting terrorists or you arent.

You are either for people keeping their money or not

You are either for life or pro abortion.

You are either for protecting the family or for gay marriage.

Like it or not, the world is not black and white, and to polarize any issue in the terms is artificially limiting the choices that can be made. There are infinite shades of gray between black and white.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Like it or not, the world is not black and white, and to polarize any issue in the terms is artificially limiting the choices that can be made. There are infinite shades of gray between black and white.

Name one shade of grey between being for or against gay marriage or for or against abortion.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit

Bully,

I'll grant you shades of grey on many issues, but not the fact that the jihadists want to kill you and your family.

Forum List

Back