Anyone else seen this? Obama declares national emergency.

Fair enough...but it wasn't pertinent to this discussion but rather seemed to be an attack upon Rumsfeld. Just sayin'. Isn't germain to the present.

Except it was relevant. Especially since YOU brought up Bush. :lol:

toon_obama_self-portrait.gif

I see. So another attack against an entrepenuer...In this case Rumsfeld.

And so the Hell what?

What are YOU trying to impart here?

I am certainly not one to attack an entrepreneur, I'm a free market capitalist. There's plenty of my posts around here to substantiate that, as well as posters.

I was merely responding to your question of "How'd that turn out?"

Well, it turned out to be NOTHING, except a person in a conflict of interest profiting from the scare.

By the way, there seems to be some mis understanding about Tamiflu in here...

Roche did not "make" Tamiflu.

A company called Gilead Sciences CREATED it, and licensed it to Roche in 1996.

Both companies ended a prior dispute and have decided to collaborate on it instead.

Press Releases: Gilead

Tamiflu, the only oral antiviral for the treatment and prevention of influenza A and B, was invented by Gilead and licensed to Roche in 1996.

Fair enough...but it wasn't pertinent to this discussion but rather seemed to be an attack upon Rumsfeld. Just sayin'. Isn't germain to the present.

I thought it was COMPLETELY pertinent. It shows a different motive that could be possibly behind a declaration such as this, along with hyping us up so much over a virus that would require us to take a vaccine that a pharma corp could make huge profits from.

Maybe there's the same kind of link between the swine flu vac, and someone in the Obama admin.

I wanted to raise questions and doubts, because to assume the gov. is looking out for us FIRST, is damn naive.

I am certainly not one to attack an entrepreneur, I'm a free market capitalist. There's plenty of my posts around here to substantiate that, as well as posters.

I was merely responding to your question of "How'd that turn out?"

Well, it turned out to be NOTHING, except a person in a conflict of interest profiting from the scare.

By the way, there seems to be some mis understanding about Tamiflu in here...

Roche did not "make" Tamiflu.

A company called Gilead Sciences CREATED it, and licensed it to Roche in 1996.

Both companies ended a prior dispute and have decided to collaborate on it instead.

Press Releases: Gilead

I thought it was COMPLETELY pertinent. It shows a different motive that could be possibly behind a declaration such as this, along with hyping us up so much over a virus that would require us to take a vaccine that a pharma corp could make huge profits from.

Maybe there's the same kind of link between the swine flu vac, and someone in the Obama admin.

I wanted to raise questions and doubts, because to assume the gov. is looking out for us FIRST, is damn naive.

I would tend to agree - questions should at least be asked...

Forum List

Back