Anyone Else Own A Chevy Truck With An 8 Speed?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
I have a 2018 Chevy Silverado High Country. I've only had it for 8 months, only has 2,900 miles on it and it's back in the shop for the second time with transmission problems. It started making a whining noise like an old power steering pump low on fluid. First time they did a total flush on it and that helped, for a COUPLE DAYS, then it started it again but worse, and has even clunked and lurched forward sitting in park when I started it a few times. I don't like the 8 speed and think it's why they got rid of it so fast, but still, I know I got a lemon. I do have a ten year GM extended warranty on it that I added when I bought it, but I'm wondering if there's anyone here that has a GM truck that has the 8 speed that's had similar problems? Would like to hear your story.

This is what we get from a retirement and health insurance company that tries to build a truck....Buy American made...buy a Toyota....

I have an 8 speed in my Camaro...bitch runs like a striped assed ape.
I swear to God I love that car more than the Mrs.
Sorry about your troubles bud.

Last edited:
I have a 2018 Chevy Silverado High Country. I've only had it for 8 months, only has 2,900 miles on it and it's back in the shop for the second time with transmission problems. It started making a whining noise like an old power steering pump low on fluid. First time they did a total flush on it and that helped, for a COUPLE DAYS, then it started it again but worse, and has even clunked and lurched forward sitting in park when I started it a few times. I don't like the 8 speed and think it's why they got rid of it so fast, but still, I know I got a lemon. I do have a ten year GM extended warranty on it that I added when I bought it, but I'm wondering if there's anyone here that has a GM truck that has the 8 speed that's had similar problems? Would like to hear your story.

Not me. I have a 1988 Silverado K1500 5.7L 4X4 with a 4-speed auto that is in swell shape, I can beat the crap out of it and not ever a lick of a problem ever. I would never buy a new Chevy, tell them to rip that 8-speed POS tyranny out of there and put a regular one in.

Forum List

Back