Anyone else not watching the Super Bowl? If not, why not?

Are you watching/did you watch the 2018 Super Bowl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I quit watching the HFL when they took that position that anyone can kneel to protest anything they want. I am retired military, disabled, and like everyone else can choose to watch anything I want or not. For years we bought the grandkids NFL jerseys and all that for Christmas and birthdays. If you do not understand why many veterans make such a big deal about the flag and anthem, I am not going to spend my time explaining because you probably already have a firm opinion to which you are entitled. I watch college ball and grandkids playing spending hundreds if not thousands each year. Just not going to spend a dime or minute on the NFL when they take political sides.

I'm not watching it because the Redskins aren't in it. If the 'Skins aren't playing, I don't care who is or about the game, any football game, other perhaps than those played by my high school, college and grad school alma maters, though I don't much watch them as I've left those schools and rarely are their games televised. Hell, AFAIK, my high school alma mater's games are never televised. (As much as I love my HS alma mater, I'm not flying to the "middle of nowhere" to watch a bunch of high schoolers whom I don't know throw/run a football up and down a field. LOL)

Because it sucks. Too many adverts, a game of people banging into each other. Not my thing, never has been. I watched on quarter of one game once. zzzz.

I didn't watch it because there was some good boxing on another channel. When that was over, I watched Aurora Teagarden movies on Hallmark Mysteries and Movies.

Anything beats watching professional football. PeeWee, High School and College are okay.

I was happy to hear that the Eagles won. Brady is an arrogant prick.

I didn't watch it because there was some good boxing on another channel. When that was over, I watched Aurora Teagarden movies on Hallmark Mysteries and Movies.

Anything beats watching professional football. PeeWee, High School and College are okay.

Off Topic:
Brady is an arrogant prick.
I don't think either of those terms apply to him. "Somewhat dissembling" is the term I'd use.​

What IS a "Super Bowl"?
Well, most of Paul de Lamerie's would qualify as "super bowls." The one below is privately held....

XXX_8911_1271693302_1org.jpg

Others are available for public viewing and examination....

Not exactly Paul de Lamerie, but similar and available for sale if one is into such things...

sc392-10_ornate_silver_rose_punch_bowl_barnard.jpg

My taste is more like this...

...though there was a time when it was more akin to this...

f2b7db04320da1ed9b26c2e12d664a9f--wooden-pipes-weed-tobacco-pipes.jpg

I imagine other folks have different notions of what be a super bowl, but, far be it from me to pass judgment on such things....As long as they feel good about whatever bowl they think super, I'm thrilled for their having found a little slice of happiness.

As a longtime high school football coach and football purist, I stopped watching pro football over 30 years ago. The rules changes and resulting techniques, (e.g., "cover 'em up" blocking) turned the game into a 7-on-7/sumo wrestling exhibition designed to appease slow-witted TV viewers.
Combine that with a standard of boorishness that makes trump look like the master of etiquette and black neosegregationist players with contrived racist names and it all becomes nauseating.

Off Topic:
I don't think either of those terms apply to him. "Somewhat dissembling" is the term I'd use.​
Thanks! I've added that to my vocabulary.

Cheers!

What IS a "Super Bowl"?
Well, most of Paul de Lamerie's would qualify as "super bowls." The one below is privately held....

Not exactly Paul de Lamerie, but similar and available for sale if one is into such things...

I imagine other folks have different notions of what be a super bowl, but, far be it from me to pass judgment on such things....As long as they feel good about whatever bowl they think super, I'm thrilled for their having found a little slice of happiness.
The wooden bowl is super only when filled with paranoia.

Here is the bowl I cannot do without:

toiletthreefifty.JPG

I'm not watching it because the Redskins aren't in it. If the 'Skins aren't playing, I don't care who is or about the game, any football game, other perhaps than those played by my high school, college and grad school alma maters, though I don't much watch them as I've left those schools and rarely are their games televised. Hell, AFAIK, my high school alma mater's games are never televised. (As much as I love my HS alma mater, I'm not flying to the "middle of nowhere" to watch a bunch of high schoolers whom I don't know throw/run a football up and down a field. LOL)

I agree with your rationale --- I've never watched a Stupor Bowl unless I have an emotional investment in one of them. I think I've seen four. Two wins, two losses. The latest win was hours ago. :5_1_12024:

I didn't watch 'cuz I find football games pretty boring. Only exciting if I've got a little $ on it, which I didn't. Super Bowl is best for the snacks at the party. I don't understand why they can't begin around 2 p.m. It is a Sunday, after all.
I was happy to learn at 4:45 a.m. when I awoke, that Philly had won. I always like my Patriots, but they've won plenty. If someone had to beat them, I'm glad it was Philly.

Off Topic:
Thanks! I've added that to my vocabulary.

Cheers!

You're welcome.

I didn't watch 'cuz I find football games pretty boring. Only exciting if I've got a little $ on it, which I didn't. Super Bowl is best for the snacks at the party. I don't understand why they can't begin around 2 p.m. It is a Sunday, after all.
I was happy to learn at 4:45 a.m. when I awoke, that Philly had won. I always like my Patriots, but they've won plenty. If someone had to beat them, I'm glad it was Philly.
I don't understand why they can't begin around 2 p.m. It is a Sunday, after all.
  • Because the Super Bowl happens on a Sunday and lots of folks are still at or traveling to/from worship services at 2 p.m.
  • Broadcasters want to maximize their ad revenue haul from airing the game.
  • Fans want to watch the game live.

The wooden bowl is super only when filled with paranoia.

Here is the bowl I cannot do without:

toiletthreefifty.JPG

Oy!

That last one - a Democrat Public feeding trough, nu?

Forum List

Back