Anyone else have a fear of getting nailed from behind?

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
No Don...not talking about humping.

:)

While sitting at traffic lights, I keep a decent eye at cars approaching from behind...I try to guage their speed and predict their ability to stop - or not.

dmp said:

While sitting at traffic lights, I keep a decent eye at cars approaching from behind...I try to guage their speed and predict their ability to stop - or not.

Never mind.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
dmp said:

I always watch that D..And when I rode a motor I watched even more.
I always leave enough room ahead so I can pull around (on the right whatever) if need be.

dmp said:

Yes. I always leave a little bit of space in front of me, so that if I think a car is not going to stop in time, I have a foot or two to pull up.

And yes... I always watch my other rear end as well.

I do worry about it - driving-wise. People here drive the same way regardless of the weather conditions.

I always leave at least 1/2 to 3/4 car length minimum between me and the car in front when stopped.

And always look in the rear-view mirror to make sure the car behind will stop.

Have had a few times where I was nervous watching the car behind me, but fortunately (knock on wood), haven't been hit yet.

GotZoom said:
I do worry about it - driving-wise. People here drive the same way regardless of the weather conditions.

I always leave at least 1/2 to 3/4 car length minimum between me and the car in front when stopped.

And always look in the rear-view mirror to make sure the car behind will stop.

Have had a few times where I was nervous watching the car behind me, but fortunately (knock on wood), haven't been hit yet.
I just don't look. If it's a surprise (yes I'm talking about driving)
then it will not hurt as bad. Body tends to acquire less injury when it's
relaxed. Could I avoid an accident by looking? Maybe, unless they are going
to fast. I don't really care if no injury results. cars can be fixed.

dmp said:

Only when I am on my motorcycle. I stop in either lane 1 or 3, watch and prepare to move my bike if somebody appears that they are not going to stop.

no1tovote4 said:
Only when I am on my motorcycle. I stop in either lane 1 or 3, watch and prepare to move my bike if somebody appears that they are not going to stop.
I never have that problem...
Of course, I only ride on dirt.

I don't worry about rear-end collisions. The rear-ender is always the one held responsible for those types of crashes because they ran into you. If it happens, it happens and if I have neck trouble afterwards, the payoff is higher.:D

i do, because i have been rear-ended 2 times now. neither sustained serious damage, but my last one messed up my lower back.

i REALLY watch my mirrors in inclement weather, because people in this state forget for the first 2-3 snowfalls (and every other rainfall) how to drive at all.

dmp said:

The only way I fear getting nailed from behind while driving
is by the police.

Therefore, I observe driving laws to the letter,
under the circumstances. If I am sober, I may
drive 10 over the limit. Otherwise:

Like, if the speed limit is 30, then I go exactly 30.

Like, if I plan to turn, I signal.

Like, if the sign says "STOP", that's what I do.

I have probably driven 1000 miles when I had no reason
driving any.

Since all my favorite places to go out are a two-mile walk
from my doorstep, I am trending toward 100% walking.
Well, 95%, but the last time I drove home over the limit
I was only about double the limit (ie 6 beers).

Forum List

Back