Anyone else grieving?

My nephew just mentioned me as "my favorite aunt" so bittersweet that I am in actuality his only remaining aunt.

Speaking of strange dates - my nephew was born 6/9 and died 12/18 - double the first numbers. I don't think there's any meaning behind it, I've just always been really aware of numbers.

My nephew just mentioned me as "my favorite aunt" so bittersweet that I am in actuality his only remaining aunt.

Speaking of strange dates - my nephew was born 6/9 and died 12/18 - double the first numbers. I don't think there's any meaning behind it, I've just always been really aware of numbers.
I think there is something with dates, but that's my opinion. I had already had a quarrel with my brother in the past and it was December 25th 2012 he told me what would you do if you would not see me anymore? and it was the 25th of December that he pass away
And my military friend told me about January 15 in the past 2016 that for that date he could not come to see me, he was caught and he did not like that day he had something, he died that date.

One of the sad things about getting old is that there is an increasing tattoo of funerals of friends, relatives, and peers to go to. And each is different, and strikes us in a different manner. At 74, I still have my mother, who is 93, but her brothers and sisters who are still alive are all in their 80's and 90's. And Dad, and all his brothers and sisters are already gone.

For me, some parts of the grieving never quite end. I had a first cousin that was my best friend and a fellow millwright, we worked on many jobs together, that died of an asbestos related cancer 13 years ago. When I get a particularly gnarly job or one that has a peculiar twist to it, I still find myself thinking, "wait until I tell Dave about this one". And there are some songs that Dad used to play on his guitar, he had a beautiful high tenor voice, that when I hear them, I have a hard time holding the tears back. Yes, life is for the living, and we must continue to live it to the fullest, but there are special people in all our lives that will be with us for the rest of the time we have allotted, and we will miss them always.

I'm sorry for your losses. That still happens to me, too and probably most people who have loved deeply. I'll think "T would love this" "she was all about Christmas," etc. Early days, I'd turn my head and swear she was right next to me.

I think there is something with dates, but that's my opinion. I had already had a quarrel with my brother in the past and it was December 25th 2012 he told me what would you do if you would not see me anymore? and it was the 25th of December that he pass away
And my military friend told me about January 15 in the past 2016 that for that date he could not come to see me, he was caught and he did not like that day he had something, he died that date.

We need another button. Thank you! and agree aren't cutting it.

I hope ricechickie is doing better.

And I hope Dalia gets a new cat.

I love my cat. He is The Cat. Not just A Cat.

He is such a funny cat that he makes me laugh all the time.

He is very demanding. He demands good food. I provide.

He demands to go outside and play. As long as it is dark outside then I concur.

He demands affection and cat scratches. I am happy to oblige.

He sleeps with me at night.

If there is a prowler outside he jumps down to look out the window and this wakes me up and my 45ACP. So he is a great watchdog too.

I love my cat.

Forum List

Back