Anyone else get your yearly insurance renewal yet?

Healthcare became an issue because the costs continued to rise, year after year. Suggesting the new HC legislation had anything to do with this years rise - if in fact it does rise - is disengenuous (unless proof is provided).
There is one basic fact worth repeating. The Republican Party represents business interests and not the hoi polloi. HC reform is necessary and as long as there is no public opinion there will be no relief for the average American family.

No insurance regulator would bless an 18% increase across the board for any group merely because some members might be adding a college student to their policies

LOL it is more than just that honey.

The end of caps on life time pay outs, and more imporatantly the Mandate to force coverage of all pre existing conditions Constitute A MASSIVE increase in costs to an industry that operates on a 3% profit Margin.

I'm sorry but if you think those things are not directly related to higher premiums, you are rather naive.

i'm sorry charlie, i don't think they are related....mainly because insurers have had double digit increases for a decade or more....BEFORE health care reform passed....at least in my state.

anthem requested a near 20% increase in prices in 2009, our insurance general rejected their request, and held them to an 11% increase, then anthem blue cross blue shield sued the state...

ALL BEFORE obamacare.

Anthem loses appeal on rate hike | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

also, Anthem said they NEEDED the young and healthy to be part of the insurance pool to REDUCE prices for all...

in obamacare, they got JUST THAT....30 million of healthy, mandated, young folk

i'm sorry charlie, i don't think they are related....mainly because insurers have had double digit increases for a decade or more....BEFORE health care reform passed....at least in my state.

anthem requested a near 20% increase in prices in 2009, our insurance general rejected their request, and held them to an 11% increase, then anthem blue cross blue shield sued the state...

ALL BEFORE obamacare.

Anthem loses appeal on rate hike | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

Hey I'm not denying that Insurance companies would raise rates regardless.

However that does not change the fact that the mandate to cover preexisting conditions, Lifting the life time cap, and allowing parents to keep kids on their plans till 26 will indeed dramatically increase their costs.

If you do not believe that, you do not understand how insurance works at all.

ALL BEFORE obamacare.

However that does not change the fact that the mandate to cover preexisting conditions, Lifting the life time cap, and allowing parents to keep kids on their plans till 26 will indeed dramatically increase their costs.

oh, i believe some things may cost them more HOWEVER I also believe the added 30-40 million people, primarily the healthy and young who felt they did not need a full coverage plan, will MORE than compensate...

ALSO obamacare has not been instituted yet, so those mandates that could cost them, have NOT come in to effect yet....soooo, to me, IF they are claiming it is obama care that is causing their rate hikes, it's a downright LIE on their part.

ALL BEFORE obamacare.

oh, i believe some things may cost them more HOWEVER I also believe the added 30-40 million people, primarily the healthy and young who felt they did not need a full coverage plan, will MORE than compensate...

ALSO obamacare has not been instituted yet, so those mandates that could cost them, have NOT come in to effect yet....soooo, to me, IF they are claiming it is obama care that is causing their rate hikes, it's a downright LIE on their part.

It does not matter that they have not gone into effect yet. Business reacts before things happen, not after.

They did not claim Obama care caused all their hikes. They claimed it caused about 9 to 15% of the hikes.

I got mine. No change.

also, Anthem said they NEEDED the young and healthy to be part of the insurance pool to REDUCE prices for all...

do you have a link to the fact that 30 million healthy young folk were mandated? That's something I was totally unaware of! TIA.

I got mine. No change.

do you have a link to the fact that 30 million healthy young folk were mandated? That's something I was totally unaware of! TIA.

40-50 million will be added to the healthcare roll who did not have insurance previously....

all the elderly sick are already on medicare so they are not part of the additional mandated coverage.

the objection to the mandate CAME from the young and healthy, who did not feel they needed insurance, but are being forced to buy it....

in the link i posted ANTHEM Blue cross blue shield SAID they needed these people to buy insurance so THEY could reduce their risk....

I got mine. No change.

40-50 million will be added to the healthcare roll who did not have insurance previously....

all the elderly sick are already on medicare so they are not part of the additional mandated coverage.

the objection to the mandate CAME from the young and healthy, who did not feel they needed insurance, but are being forced to buy it....

in the link i posted ANTHEM Blue cross blue shield SAID they needed these people to buy insurance so THEY could reduce their risk....

now I am confused when this crap was rammed down our throats we were told that 30 million were un insured, now it 40 or 50 million and 30 million of them are young and healthy? do I understand you right? Is this offical government stuff? do you have a link?

We have and along with it we were informed that because of the new Obamcare bill we will see an increase in our policy rates jump anywhere from 16% to 18%. Not only will our monthly premiums sky rocket but our co pay will jump from $35 per visit to $50.

So the lies from the democrats were just that, BIG OLE STINKING PILE OF SHIT LIES.

Mine did that Before healthcare reform. Who do I blame for that?

now I am confused when this crap was rammed down our throats we were told that 30 million were un insured, now it 40 or 50 million and 30 million of them are young and healthy? do I understand you right? Is this offical government stuff? do you have a link?

I love it, basically she is admitting that we didn't really need Obamacare. All we really needed was affordable catastrophic Care Coverage for the Healthy young. Instead they decide to force them all into the system to help pay for others.

We have and along with it we were informed that because of the new Obamcare bill we will see an increase in our policy rates jump anywhere from 16% to 18%. Not only will our monthly premiums sky rocket but our co pay will jump from $35 per visit to $50.

So the lies from the democrats were just that, BIG OLE STINKING PILE OF SHIT LIES.

I believe he is pointing out the LIE, that Obamacare was going to lower our costs.

same with ours....it not only went up in price, but our out of pocket expense before they pay in full is now $5000 and $10,000 if using a provider outside of their system....

it sucks wind, bigtime!

Link or it didn't happen..

moron, how do you expect him to link a letter?

I would think that if you add a large group of people, you are going to have an increase in services rendered. Several years of no coverage should mean some pent up demand. Also, the age group with making families and that is not cheap. So now grandpa and ma get to cover the grandkid too?

You guys do realize that because of the way this law is set up. Most of those so called healthy young 30 million people. Will mostly likely choose to not get insurance and pay the fine instead since the fine will be cheaper in most cases.

Why shouldn't they, considering If and when they do get sick, they can get still get insurance Thanks to the preexisting conditions mandate.

and that is going to REALLY hurt the industry.

Last edited:

We have a benefits meeting tomorrow and one of the topics on the agenda is how recent legislation will affect benefits. BOHICA - Bend over, here it comes again.

My home insurance just went up about 15%.

I blame Bill Clinton, naturally.

Forum List

Back