Anyone else get this email today?

It came up as spam but I wonder if it really is from who it says it is from.

US ARMY 395TH CSSB [email protected]
1:44 PM (9 hours ago)

to undisclosed recipients
Hello,
I am Jean Hall an officer in the US Army,presently serving in the Military with the US Army,395th combat sustainment support battalion stationed here at Baghdad Iraq.

Please I have some important items to ship to you,get back to me ASAP for more information.I will explain further when i get a response from you.
Yours Respectfully,
Capt. Jean Hall
US Army

I would not touch it if I was you.

Gentlemen,

This is an extremely common email scam and one of over 72 different types of 419 (Nigerian Advance Fee Fraud).

Even after seeing literally thousands of these, our e-fraud analyst team is particularly irked when we see these. Each and every one submitted to our queue is analyzed, parsed and placed into a database used by US and international law enforcement.

These do not all emanate from Nigeria. We received a report today that came from Las Vegas. It was supposedly from a Col. Bobby Toon with the 395th combat sustainment Support Battalion. Research on the 395th found this thread.

So if you receive this or any other type of scam emails, please submit them with full email headers to [email protected] If you are unfamiliar with headers, since I can't post a URL here, please Google the phrase 'FraudAid How to find the full headers in your email service and file an email report'

God bless our military guys and gals.

- CSO

It's not just emails you have to be careful of...
I had a problem on Craigs List last summer. I was looking for a good used car and found one that i liked and it was a REALLY good deal. Then found out it was too good to be true! I emailed the guy, he said he was in the military and getting ready to head for Afghanistan so was selling his car real cheap. We emailed eachother a couple times, he supposedly lived in a town about 30 miles from me.

THEN ... he said he had the car with him out in Arizona where he was training and would have the car sent to me, he would pay the shipping, and i would deposit the money in Paypal via Ebay (or something like that). Well, i got kind of suspicious...started searching the internet for scams like this and found it! The website listed the scam EXACTLY how this guy was coming across to me.

So, i did email him one more time....and let him know exactly what i thought of him!

The safest course is to assume that everything is a scam and proceed accordingly.

I got a very official letter from a credit card company saying that I owed them $10,000 and they would settle for $500.00. Just provide them my bank account information and they would clear the charge.

Except, I never had one of those credit cards and never had a credit card with a $10,000 line of credit.

The safest course is to assume that everything is a scam and proceed accordingly.

I got a very official letter from a credit card company saying that I owed them $10,000 and they would settle for $500.00. Just provide them my bank account information and they would clear the charge.

Except, I never had one of those credit cards and never had a credit card with a $10,000 line of credit.

It is a well known scam.... the clue is in the email address. That email address cannot be an official US Army one... wrong set up.... 'ustroops@'.... seriously? They're email addresses are first name dot last name @..... there is no 'ustroops' at... that's ridiculous.

Forum List

Back