Anyone else get this email today?

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
It came up as spam but I wonder if it really is from who it says it is from.

US ARMY 395TH CSSB [email protected]
1:44 PM (9 hours ago)

to undisclosed recipients
Hello,
I am Jean Hall an officer in the US Army,presently serving in the Military with the US Army,395th combat sustainment support battalion stationed here at Baghdad Iraq.

Please I have some important items to ship to you,get back to me ASAP for more information.I will explain further when i get a response from you.
Yours Respectfully,
Capt. Jean Hall
US Army

ZZZZ, the 359th is a reservist group that is no longer IN Iraq. Their tour ended in April. April 7th to be exact.

It's a scam and one that you should report to CID at either the nearest US Army base OR to the CID at the base in New Haven Connecticut where those reservist are stationed.

I would forward that email with full headers to them, explain what it is and let them handle it.

WhoEVER this POS is...they NEED to have a couple ol' boys with body armor and M-4s adjust their thinking processes for them! ;~)

By the way, Lt. Col. Dennis E. Dockery WAS their commander in Iraq. If you contact him, he MAY be able to put you onto who to turn that over to.

Last edited:

Hello,
I am Jean Hall an officer in the US Army,presently serving in the Military with the US Army,395th combat sustainment support battalion stationed here at Baghdad Iraq.

Please I have some important items to ship to you,get back to me ASAP for more information.I will explain further when i get a response from you.
Yours Respectfully,
Capt. Jean Hall
US Army

Forward all spam to [email protected]

ZZZZ, the 359th is a reservist group that is no longer IN Iraq. Their tour ended in April. April 7th to be exact.

It's a scam and one that you should report to CID at either the nearest US Army base OR to the CID at the base in New Haven Connecticut where those reservist are stationed.

I would forward that email with full headers to them, explain what it is and let them handle it.

WhoEVER this POS is...they NEED to have a couple ol' boys with body armor and M-4s adjust their thinking processes for them! ;~)

By the way, Lt. Col. Dennis E. Dockery WAS their commander in Iraq. If you contact him, he MAY be able to put you onto who to turn that over to.

Do not call the military. Forward to [email protected]

Thanks. I usually just delete most spam but I have to glance over them without opening them to make sure legit e mails are not mistakenly placed there. This one looked different because it was military. I had already deleted the e mail but forwarded the contents. Thanks for the address, I am always getting spam about deals and winning stuff but just delete them without looking at them.

Hey, it ain't all spam. I'm currently awaiting a vast sum of money from a nice man in Lagos, Nigeria. And I hardly had to do anything to get it. It was sure my lucky day when he picked this stranger out of millions and millions of others, huh?

Gotta hand it to em, the phishers are getting more creative.

Yeah, they're getting really sleezy. A friend met "someone" on a dating site that tried to pretend to be a soldier in Afghanistan. Things got fishy when "they" wanted to know my friend's mother's maiden name!!! Why would you need to know that, except if you're trying to steal someone's identity?

My guess is that you will be asked to deposit a couple of thousand in a bank to show good will so that you can share in the treasure that Capt Hall will bring back. Go ahead, It sounds like a good deal.

My guess is that you will be asked to deposit a couple of thousand in a bank to show good will so that you can share in the treasure that Capt Hall will bring back. Go ahead, It sounds like a good deal.

I plan to, after I collect from all those European lotteries I've won without even buying a ticket!!! :lol:

Hello,

Yours Respectfully,
Capt. Jean Hall
US Army

yeah..i just got it....i dont think they are still deployed so its def a scam

yes I recieved it in my spam as well ,I live in WV and other than my son bieng in the national guard nhave no military ties at all. I also recieved an email in spam as well saying I had 2 packages that needed to be delivered,thats why I came here after I typed in the 395th I saw the post from someone else who recieved it as well,anyone have any ideas? this kind of thing scares me!

The message I got is exacrly the same except it was from Trevor Hall also a Captain.
Both of these captains are sending the same message to aparently lots of people and what's even more weird is it came from Korea.
Yes the originating location according to my sources is Korea so, I imagine it is not real and reporting it would be useless because there are millions of them floating around the web asking fish to bite on the bait.
Maybe they need help. Right, the admin building is yards away but they are asking you, several thousand miles or is is KM away, to help them and they are going to make you rich. How are they going to ship it off base past security??
Will they pass it through Base OOPS? not.

I plan to, after I collect from all those European lotteries I've won without even buying a ticket!!! :lol:

I also win millions without ever having HEARD of the lottery!

Forum List

Back